All Soccer Games Discussion!

I am looking to buy a good soccer game. Can you tell me if the current games in the market are as good as PES 4 and PES 5. I played PES 4,5 and 6 in college and liked PES 5 the best. But I have heard that the later versions have become more FIFA like (read arcade). Since they are quite expensive (799 for 2009 and 1599 for 2010), I want to be absolutely sure if I will get similar (or better) experience from these games (alas, PES 5 is not available on ebay).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not much of a difference between FIFA and PES for me now. However, FIFA feels like Pinball to me, PES edges it.

But talking about consoles, FIFA is way better than PES.

On PC, PES > FIFA.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
FIFA Football Game Updates : FIFA 11 : EA SPORTS
Fifa 2011 on PC is going to be next-gen.
Electronic Arts announced today that the football engine that drives the award-winning EA SPORTSTM FIFA gameplay on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system has arrived for FIFA 11 PC. Two years in development, the console game engine has been optimised for PC, delivering next generation console-quality gameplay, game modes and visuals to FIFA 11 PC.
"The EA SPORTS FIFA franchise is committed to investing and innovating for PC and this is a watershed moment," said Executive Producer Kaz Makita. "We are delivering to FIFA 11 PC the high quality gameplay, innovative game modes and stunning graphics that have made FIFA the highest rated sports game on the PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 and winner of over 50 sports game of the year awards."
The physics-based, data-driven technology behind the EA SPORTS football engine has been optimised for PC to deliver true freedom on the pitch with individuality of player control and movement, sophisticated ball touches, and physical interaction between players. FIFA 11 PC will feature the market-leading true 360° dribbling system that gives players precise control of the ball and next generation animation technology that delivers Skilled Dribbling, enabling skilled dribblers to face defenders and use highly responsive lateral dribbling to skip past them. Plus, Physical Play has been improved using collision sharing, creating a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between players.
FIFA 11 PC features and game modes will be revealed in the coming weeks and months.
FIFA 11 will be available in stores Oct. 1 across Europe and Asia for the PlayStation®3, Xbox 360®, WiiTM, PC, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo DSTM, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and mobile. The game has not yet been rated.

donrava

Right off the assembly line
*img38.imageshack.us/img38/3252/footballsuperstarsgamei.jpg

do any of you guys play "football superstar ??"

check out this really awesome football game that lets you play as an individual player unlike other games where you control a team

*img695.imageshack.us/img695/8089/27332547.jpg

Football Superstars is the world's first virtual soccer MMO, allowing players to create a soccer star, join a club, and play games with up to 20 players

download Link on the Trailer - YouTube - MMORPG India Presents Football Superstars - free to play MMO / online football game

let me know if any of you guys are playing we can form a team..... :)

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Fifa 10 for PC is a ps2 port.
Fifa 10 for consoles however is the best football game ever made.Can't wait for it to come on PC finally.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
System Reqs? Price?
And is there a Steam like platform for purchasing/running FIFA/PES, I hate to insert the DVD every time to play (and I doubt NoCD cracks are legal) :|

Top Bottom