All Soccer Games Discussion!

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Copying is not gon ahelp easports......PES is best and will be best....EA sports also tried copying cricket of code masters ...every1 knwos the result...

Any one played FM06....guide me thru...played 1 season and have suffered badly....this FM06 doesnt gives more control overthe team as TCM gave :(

moshel

Padawan
hey guyz i got the demo of FIFA world cup 2006 from EA

First the good news the full version also has INDIA!!!!!yeahh and ISRAEL(which is good for me atleast)

The tolerable news...as usual the menu is slow, and the in game graphics are slow too....cos maybe they used too many polygons to show flying balloons and pieces of paper.

the bad news......the gameplay is the worst in the whole history of football games.........it sucks big time......for one i wud say that when u press the through ball button, the player passes the ball to the opposing player.......i mean to say that when u press for through pass, the player chooses an angle by which the ball comes in possession of the opposing team and this happens in 9 out of 10 through passes i make.....which is very annoying....sometimes even normal passes go directly to the opposing player as if u passed the ball to him....

this game badly needs a gameplay MOD.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
FIFA is going form bad to worse...with its game play ..they try to copy PES...put in new features than PES then also perform badly as they r in haste to release its products adn then realise that it needs patches to fix the bugs and bad gameplay

usmayur

Broken In
I heard abt superpatch in PES 5 which is said to b 100% online compatible. Will it allow us to play over LAN? If yes, can u plz tell me procedure and link to get reqd superpatch. Plz dont use too many jargons, make it simple

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
usmayur said:
I heard abt superpatch in PES 5 which is said to b 100% online compatible. Will it allow us to play over LAN? If yes, can u plz tell me procedure and link to get reqd superpatch. Plz dont use too many jargons, make it simple

Yes i know there exist super patch 2.0 fo ronlien compability...but its huge one and myself still have not d/led it and applied it so cant really tell how it is done.....

For link of super patch...please do go thru this thread ... i have mentioned it somewhere may be page 2 of this thread.. :)

moshel

Padawan
usmayur said:

yeah the super patch is really big, and u can play online. but the thing is that both of them must have the patch. u cud just google for it or search on torrents.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hi all.. got my hands on FIfA 2006 germany world cup yesterday.
Even thou i am a PES fan i stalled it expecting something new and better...
But i was disappointed ..say it .. too much expectations....or love for PES .....or really FIFA was bad.......but i poersonally found it worst adn waste of time and money.. GUESS what i uninstalled the game smae day.....
if anyone liked it or even have played it post in ur review here
i would like to read and know if i am wrong...!!!
But then i will ask u only one question "HAVE U PLAYED PES??" :)

usmayur

Broken In
wizrulz said:
Hi all.. got my hands on FIfA 2006 germany world cup yesterday.
Even thou i am a PES fan i stalled it expecting something new and better...
But i was disappointed ..say it .. too much expectations....or love for PES .....or really FIFA was bad.......but i poersonally found it worst adn waste of time and money.. GUESS what i uninstalled the game smae day.....
if anyone liked it or even have played it post in ur review here
i would like to read and know if i am wrong...!!!
But then i will ask u only one question "HAVE U PLAYED PES??" :)
LOL u were caught in this trap again.
I used to buy FIFA every year till 2005 but then swithched to PES for (lot lot lot) better

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
GOOD NEWS FOR ALL PES5 lovers
SUPER PATCH 3 is out

New Teams for World Cup 2006 and Champions League 2006/2006
new Stats by various Databasemakers - most Teams have updating Formations
100 % Online compatible. Important: only works if you Opponent have also install this Patch or use our Database
New Stadiums (Allianz Arena, Veltins Arena, Philips Stadium, St. Jakob Park, Stadio Luigi Ferraris, De la Luz, Maracana, EStadio Dragao, Santiago Bernabeu, Shanghai Stadium
new Turfs
over 500 new Faces
All Kits in .bins
many Keeper Gloves
new Balls include "Adidas Teamgeist" by Dart Wagner
new Menu (all Language)
new Chants & Goalsounds & InGame Sounds
new Callnames (all Language)
new Adboards (all Language)
new Supporter Flags for each Team
Kitserver with kits for all temas and goali glooves
Supporter in all stadium on every camera (thanks yuce)
pes5.exe with real stadium details like capacity
LINK IS:
*www.gbase.ch/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46606#46606

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
anyone into FM06???
lets discuss startegies..and transfer...if anyone interested post in here

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
To install Super Patch 3 , do we need to have previous super patch installed ? I am a FM 2006 fan , lets start the discussion mate .

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hi mako;
yes u need super patch 2 before installing SP-3...so that means a big d/l process :)

i am waiting for the patches to d/l.....when i do it will let u know.....;)

do u also play FM06....

Previously i used to play TCM now playing FM06

STARTED with ARSENAL as manager and was with team for 2 years
1st year=> finished 4th winning FA cup
2nd year=> Finished 7th but winning Champions league saved me...
In this year i got offer from liverpool......TOOK IT ..just for the reason as they were providiing 65Mil budget(Arsenal is very kunjoos wrt budget).....was just buying players in liverpool when i got another offer of managing GERMANY and ENGLAND...took over ENGLAND (obviously keeping Liverpool also)..twin job...
have bought players worth 55 mill in liverpool and not a objection form mangement.....
So keep the discusion on...
Playing cups in PES 5......at 6 star level what abt u???

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi
I am a big fan of FM 06 , been following it since CM4. I find it better than TCM . As i am a big Manchester UNited fan , i play with them only and so fr i have played around 9-10 seasons .

1st Year => Finished second
2nd year => premiership Winner , Carling Cup
3rd year => second in premiership , FA Cup Winner
4th year => Did the famous treble

and after that have lost premiership only once , after the treble i got a Transfer budget of 120 Million , that really helped , my name is 5th on the Managers Hall of Fame , have even won World Cup with Netherlands , Have wanted to manage England but didnt get an offer .

Players i bought are Messi , Sneijder , Van Der Vaart , Torres , Cavenghi , Adu ,Frey etc .

So which players have been good for you ?

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Actually i moved to liver pool because of teh budget they were giving and after finishing 7th for arsenal i thou8 they mi8 sack me....even after winning champions league...i wanted to buy VUCINIC and ROSICKY so joined liverpool....actually i was linked with milan but they offered some other manger the job ..and then liverpool happened....
Bought players liek Vucinic 20Mil
Rosicky 15mil
coaches form manu and also a youth scout......
Ochoa (Mexican)goal keeper at 10 mil(had to buy some GK as dudek was on free transfer and having only reina and no backup in reserves......)
This only at liverpool and some more players toatlling 55mill

At arsenal i bought Frey, heitinga ridder etc...

Frey was goo dat arsenal, rosiky rocks in midfield...i misssed ADU to inter ...they offered him better deal...
Avramov the BEst GK is too costly to buy...soem 25 mil odd........
suggest some good and cheap players..baxically defence....
what formation u use??

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
CHELSEA..its getting on my nerves
It increasing prices of players in FM06 also
chelsea has bought defoe for 72 MIL

crap

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi, I just bought PES5, can someone tell me the simple and advanced controls on the keyboard? The list mentioned in the game settings assumes that I have a controller, which I do not have. It mentions something with L1, L2, R1, R2, etc...

Thanks in advance.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
digitized said:
Hi, I just bought PES5, can someone tell me the simple and advanced controls on the keyboard? The list mentioned in the game settings assumes that I have a controller, which I do not have. It mentions something with L1, L2, R1, R2, etc...

Thanks in advance.

I just do not remember how i have configured my keys..but as i have hoped form FIFA to PES i just did some trial and error in training mode to adjust those keys to my liking (read like fifa ;) )
So i have adjusted those as
D=> SHOOT
A=> Lob pass
S=> short pass
Q=> change player
W=> Through pass
C=> Dribbling(its hard to do with this)
E=> Sprint

I guess W, E is L1, R1
and Z, C is L2 , R2...just check them out in training mode....to be sure

hey if u wanna experience best of PES5 d/l Patch 3 ;)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
wizrulz said:
I just do not remember how i have configured my keys..but as i have hoped form FIFA to PES i just did some trial and error in training mode to adjust those keys to my liking (read like fifa ;) )
So i have adjusted those as
D=> SHOOT
A=> Lob pass
S=> short pass
Q=> change player
W=> Through pass
C=> Dribbling(its hard to do with this)
E=> Sprint

I guess W, E is L1, R1
and Z, C is L2 , R2...just check them out in training mode....to be sure

hey if u wanna experience best of PES5 d/l Patch 3 ;)

After 3-4 days of continuous training, I finally got a hang of it. W,E are not L1, R1. Q, E are L1, R1 and Z, C are L2, R2. I am using the default controls only.

A=Shoot
D=Lobbed pass
X=Grounder pass .... all pressed long for the pass to go to a farther teammate.

Thanks anyway.

I did not understand super cancel, but the training says I have to press R1 and R2 together and the arrow keys. But I could manage to get to through balls by pressing R1 and R2 when initially it seemed I had no chance.

People rightly say that it is far better than FIFA 2005. I think the main attraction is that no two goals are the same. It is having superb first touch controls and superb off the ball running. The other things that have thrilled me most are the possibility of taking short corners and doing a dummy (i.e. just simply letting the ball pass by simply pressing and holding E without the arrow keys when you know you have a better placed teammate). The last thing that thrilled me are multi-speed dribbling and stopping the ball while dribbling (pressing Q(?) while dribbling). FIFA 07 should incorporate these.

But someone also rightly said that you need four hands with 20 fingers to do all the controls. If Konami only just got the official licences like FIFA and make the graphics better....10/10.

Two questions:

How can I make a controlled shot? I always seem to shoot high....Seldom does the ball go to the net. Are there any special controls to make a headed shot.

Could you kindly provide the link to the superpatch 3.0? And also the link to the world cup 2006 mod?

Thanks...:)

Last edited:
OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hi, welcome to PES fan-club

How can I make a controlled shot? I always seem to shoot high....Seldom does the ball go to the net. Are there any special controls to make a headed shot.
To make a head shot press SHOOT button (A in ur case) when ball is in air. Pressing double will give u bicycle kick. Also pressing short pass (X in ur case)
will pass short to ur player ..obviously if in right direction.

Could you kindly provide the link to the superpatch 3.0? And also the link to the world cup 2006 mod?

The link is given above...also just search torrent's to land up with patch..no need for WC 06 mod if u have Superpatch 3. Just got one today :p....and belive me its awesome...it will take good 2-3 years for EA to reach level of PES...with patches who needs FIFA licenses which EA gets.... ;)...

I guess u know to make short, long and ground crosses key form touch line??
If not then press twice Lob (D in ur case) for near post delivery and thrice for ground pass.

For controlled shot on goal u have to get habituated with the shot meter, if u press it long it will be wide shot, if to slow then ground shot but no power, it all depends from what distance u press the shoot button.....if near release it fast and it far u can hold but holding it long will give u shots off target.....the more u practise more u will master it and more u will enjoy it so KEEP ENJOYING
Also any more query post in here

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hi just installed PES 5 with superpatch 3 , game is better than EA ones as i expected , but one thing is annoying me .
I want to turn off the auto switiching of players in the game , the game auto switches the control to another player while i am controlling some other already, this auto switching is disturbing i want to switch the player control when i want not automatically . Is there any way to turn off the autoswitching of player control?

Top Bottom