All Metalheads here

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Does not sound like metal. More like Avant-garde/Industrial/Noise/Drone. Fascinating none the less.

Lol i listened halfway through hoping the drums would kick in:lol:
sounds like kind of atmospheric doom to me

Djentstick¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[YOUTUBE]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhOYflyfOPM[/YOUTUBE]

*www.thecirclepit.com/2014/01/the-djentstick-hilarious-joke-genre-parody-or-musical-wake-up-call.html

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Lol i listened halfway through hoping the drums would kick in:lol:
sounds like kind of atmospheric doom to me

Djentstick¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[YOUTUBE]LhOYflyfOPM[/YOUTUBE]

THE “DJENTSTICK” — HILARIOUS JOKE, GENRE PARODY OR MUSICAL WAKE UP CALL? | The Circle Pit

FTFY.

Edit : Holy ****, that is damn cool. How do I make one?

PS : Frets are for p*****s.

Last edited:

RBX

In the zone
How do you tell what genre some music is ? I generally can't seem to differentiate between metal, rock, and alternative.

My choice is quite limited, and listen mostly to The Rasmus, Linkin Park, Led Zeppelin; sometimes Bullet for my Valentine, Iron Maiden.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
How do you tell what genre some music is ? I generally can't seem to differentiate between metal, rock, and alternative.

My choice is quite limited, and listen mostly to The Rasmus, Linkin Park, Led Zeppelin; sometimes Bullet for my Valentine, Iron Maiden.

listen to lot of genres.it helps.also by vocals-clean/harsh/shouting/growl/pig squel/low pitched/high pitched/opera-tic or mix of any two.

for example Linkinpark is numetal since it encorporates rap(early) plus the dj.Vocal styles include mellow to harsh vocals of chester plus rapping by mike.Same in the case of Korn,limpbizkit etc.They use low tunings like drop D.
Im just generalising here; having rap in metal doesnt always make it nu metal.eg:RATM.
Moreover numetal bands are those who arised in the 90s,it was just a trend in music scene like glam in the 80s and most of the nu metal bands have changed their sounds overtime.eg:Staind,Korn,Linkinpark etc

Sometimes its difficult to understand like metalcore arised from harcore punk?
best we can do is to guess by what weve heard before

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

listen to lot of genres.it helps.also by vocals-clean/harsh/shouting/growl/pig squel/low pitched/high pitched/opera-tic or mix of any two.

for example Linkinpark is numetal since it encorporates rap(early) plus the dj.Vocal styles include mellow to harsh vocals of chester plus rapping by mike.Same in the case of Korn,limpbizkit etc.They use low tunings like drop D.
Im just generalising here; having rap in metal doesnt always make it nu metal.eg:RATM.
Moreover numetal bands are those who arised in the 90s,it was just a trend in music scene like glam in the 80s and most of the nu metal bands have changed their sounds overtime.eg:Staind,Korn,Linkinpark etc

Sometimes its difficult to understand like metalcore arised from harcore punk?
best we can do is to guess by what weve heard before

Yes, the more you listen the easier it is to differentiate. You can also look up the Wikipedia entries of the bands to find out what genre they play. However, since many bands incorporate diverse sound structures and styles, a single genre might not be enough to define their sound. The key is to find similar elements in their sounds which helps in categorizing them.

You can refer these links for some examples :

Metal Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

snap

Lurker
btw which genre is SOAD? and doesn't linkin park sounds too soft in comparison to other bands of similar genre like TFK?

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
btw which genre is SOAD? and doesn't linkin park sounds too soft in comparison to other bands of similar genre like TFK?

SOAD should be armenian alt metal:p.I think the current songs of lp are soft but hybrid theory was heavy.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Sam Dunn's Heavy Metal Family Tree classifies SOAD as Nu Metal though I believe they are more Alt. or Experimental.

As for LP, early LP was not very soft. Listen to songs like By Myself, Runaway, etc. They were pretty heavy, that is why I liked them so much. Then they became soft and I lost interest in them.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Been Listening to Ensiferum lately. Listend to whole discography. Gr8 music. Victory Song FTW \m/

Ensiferum one of my favorites as well. Also checkout Petri's previous band Norther. It is melodeath and a lot more heavier with amazing petri's vocals..

Top Bottom