Ajmal Kasab [Supreme Court upheld his death Sentence]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrishi

Finally Kasab will pay for his crimes.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld Ajmal Kasab's death sentence in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case.

Source : TOI

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected the plea of Ajmal Kasab in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case and upheld the sentence of death penalty awarded by the Bombay high court.

Kasab and his nine fellow jihadis had attacked CST railway station, Cama Hospital, Vinoli Chaupati junction, Oberoi Hotel, Taj Hotel, Nariman House and Leopold cafe in Mumbai on November 26, 2008 resulting in killing of 166 people and injuring 238 others.

A two-judge bench of the apex court pronounced the judgement at 10.30am.

The bench said the first and foremost crime committed by Kasab was that he participated in a conspiracy to wage war against India.

The apex court rejected the Kasab's plea that he did not get a fair trial and observed that there is no prejudice that has been caused to him.
The apex court said the trial court had made repeated attempts o provide him with a lawyer but he had spurned the offer initially and said he did not want to accept Indian lawyers.
The judges said that in the totality of facts, evidences and circumstances the court had no option but to impose death sentence on Kasab.
Earlier, the Bombay high court had upheld the trial court's verdict to award death sentence to Kasab, the lone surviving gunman who was part of the 10-member fidayeen team that attacked Mumbai.

Kasab was convicted of criminal conspiracy, waging war against the nation, Section 302 of IPC (murder) and terror related provisions of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. The HC had agreed with the trial court that the case against Kasab fell in the rarest of rare category and upheld the decision to award death penalty to the Pakistani.

Your views on this so prolonged judgemnt.??

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
And when will he be hanged?
P.S. this is Indian Judiciary system. Good to know that this case has finished at last. :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah good to know that our hard earned money will not be wasted anymore on a single terrorist.....he should be beaten publicly 1st then hanged where ever they want

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Don't care, never did.

He is just a POW. Sentencing him to death is more of a vengeful act, when he is nothing more than a pawn. Killing him won't change anything and terrorism will still continue to thrive unhindered.

At least it will silence the idiots on various social networking sites who want him dead bad.

On second thought : What if 7/11 was an inside job and Kasab could also be an Indian recruited for his role?

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
He can file for a mercy petition to the president .... and it will lead to delay of 2-3 more years , just like Mohammed afzal's case is hanging for almost a decade ..

It would have been great if kasab and afzal were executed publicly to set a strong example but unfortunately it's a just mere illusion

clmlbx

Technomancer
I don't think Kangress will let him hanged up before 2014 election.
muslim vote bank will effect for kangress:-x

WTF? :mad::mad: their is no second opinion against hanging that SOB other then shooting him instead

^he is a terrorist,not muslim.

+1..

Don't care, never did.

He is just a POW. Sentencing him to death is more of a vengeful act, when he is nothing more than a pawn. Killing him won't change anything and terrorism will still continue to thrive unhindered.

At least it will silence the idiots on various social networking sites who want him dead bad.

On second thought : What if 7/11 was an inside job and Kasab could also be an Indian recruited for his role?

Kasab is noway POW... He is TERRORIST. their is big difference in POW & TERRORIST..Even if it was an inside job.. then I don't think there will be much difference.. here we all are talking about hanging/shooting a person who killed so many innocent civilians.. yes even he would have been called terrorist..

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Since we are at war on terrorism, I assumed the term POW. I meant that he was a pawn to a much greater organization. Killing him won't make much of a difference except satiate your want of vengeance.

Either way, I don't care whether he lives or dies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ well yes he is a pawn but only way to stop-end an army is to start by killing pawns...specially the one who infiltrates in our country , this will also give strong message to Indians and world that we can act against enemies of our country

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Hm... death penality wont equal his crimes,he should be tortured and they should make him suffer the whole lifetime so that he will beg to end up his life:D

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I agree that he is just a terrorist(religion is immaterial here). Considering afzal's case I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon. We will keep on spending taxpayer's hard-earned money on worthless pile of **** like him. As far as our politicians are concerned, I heard one politician refer to osama as Osama "ji" after his encounter by US army. So all i can say is that the politicians are one of the most unpredictable creatures in our country. I won't believe it until he is actually hanged. But I am really happy that the final verdict has atlast been delivered.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hm... death penality wont equal his crimes,he should be tortured and they should make him suffer the whole lifetime so that he will beg to end up his life:D

Almost exactly what I was thinking. His own people want him dead. We can deny them this satisfaction. I can't understand why he was given such a lavish treatment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom