Ajmal Kasab [Supreme Court upheld his death Sentence]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

Yeah you are right about the money, you dont get the point you cant simply hang someone without a special law like tADA, POTA etc courts could only work in accordance with law and cant do whatever they or public "think" is right.Now the problem with laws like TADA & POTA is that they are misused, people liek you and me are safe but think of
special people who are then targeted with these laws like people belonging to a particular religion (Eg Muslims), People belonging to certain area (J&K, North East India),
Just give a thought about these people who would be targeted using laws and I am saying so because this has happened 15 year old innocent Muslim teenager was charged under TADA and once you are charged with these anti terrorist laws God save you

Plz for heavens sake dont compare US to India bloody place has no human laws since 9/11 Homeland Security could literally Screw anyone without any reason

Just place urslelf instead of the people from north east etc charge with POTA TADA and u will realize what I am saying
Every thing has two sides u are seeing only one side of the coin

Well , I am not in favor of death penalty as such.Neither do I support any intense barbaric punishments specially, since they are inhumane too. However , I am strictly against the policies of such expensive treatments given to Terrorists who don't even belong to our country.
Secondly , whatever crimes people like these do , are way more inhumane.
Kasab killed dozens of innocent people , w/o any reasons other than hatred itself.And he was caught red-handed at it.

Also , killing the person who did it will discourage others from doing it again. What is the reason behind punishments you think ?? To ensure it doesn't happens again.To discourage people.

I understand your point of view , putting myself in equation . Many innocent lives will too be held and ruined from strict acts like this. But if you will not strengthen the actions , don't you think the criminals will escape easily ??

You see , both ways innocent people get victimized. They fall prey to crime in either way. If you don't punish the criminals , then crime will rise , and if you punish each and every criminal then some innocent might fall-in too.
Now , what do you think is right ?? Its up to the individual's choice .
For me better laws are more efficient , since innocent lives are stake in both cases.SO why not to ensure that criminals get punished , at the cost of innocent lives. Rather than criminals not getting punished , still at the cost of innocent lives.

I know I messed up couple of lines above , but I hope you understand what I am trying to put forward.
I clearly understand the other face of coin you are trying to show us. But , the question here is about the judiciary system and the weak govt. at the center.

Somebody mentioned it earlier , Let me quote it again.
"When the crime is waging war against the state death penalty is a necessary evil and must be followed."

Also,
Luxury of life imprisonment is for states that are effective. Partly efficient states , with corrupt bureaucracy do not deserve that luxury.

IMHO , they should have killed Kasab after all the court proceedings and donated his body parts. Although , sentimentally it will be quite hard to accept that donation for anyone considering that will come from a terrorist. But at least it will help some life. Anyways , its just an opinion. :p

^we will know the truth after "no easy day" gets published.

Update:It is said that the seals feared that laden will be carrying a bomb or boobytrap so they shot him.

The seals didn't feared entering such a hostile Foreign airspace as such , but they feared the Booby-trap ???
Btw , can you share some info about that "no easy day" thing ?

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Its written by some seal who was in the mission,it was also in the newspapers.its no:1 in amazon lists according to this.
*www.nytimes.com/2012/08/30/us/book-on-bin-laden-killing-contradicts-us-account.html?_r=1

funskar

Padawan
Why the hell always godhra kaand is highlighted by media rather than the progress of gujarat ?
it's almost 10yrs now of godhra & sabarmati kaand.
Why first those mu***** fired up bogies of sabarmati expres?
From your side it was the polite gesture from them na:-x
Right now in august why they done anti indians riots in azad maidan mumbai,ranchi,jsdpr ..

And this bl**dy kangress keeps muttering abt modi everywere and themselves allow immigration for bangladeshi in india for vote banks in wb-asm-ap-mzram..

Have a look - Godhra train burning

It was Tit for Tat .

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^scroll up and down
Human Rights Watch - Fédération internationale des droits de l'homme - Google Books
stick to topic, and forum rules

tkin

Back to school!!
Kasab will never be hanged, the order means nothing: Afzal Guru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Why the hell always godhra kaand is highlighted by media rather than the progress of gujarat ?
Right now in august why they done anti indians riots in azad maidan mumbai,ranchi,jsdpr ..

And this bl**dy kangress keeps muttering abt modi everywere and themselves allow immigration for bangladeshi in india for vote banks in wb-asm-ap-mzram..

It was Tit for Tat .

its not like all the muslims are bad people,trust me there are bad ones in every religion.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^scroll up and down
Human Rights Watch - Fédération internationale des droits de l'homme - Google Books
stick to topic, and forum rules

Frankly, human rights groups are more dangerous than terrorists. Killing is the ultimate human rights violation, yet never seen any rights group lodging cases or campaigning against criminals or bringing them to justice, rather they are always pro-criminals, anti-govt. and in essence anti-people.

mohityadavx

Youngling
You see , both ways innocent people get victimized. They fall prey to crime in either way. If you don't punish the criminals , then crime will rise , and if you punish each and every criminal then some innocent might fall-in too.
Now , what do you think is right ?? Its up to the individual's choice .
For me better laws are more efficient , since innocent lives are stake in both cases.SO why not to ensure that criminals get punished , at the cost of innocent lives. Rather than criminals not getting punished , still at the cost of innocent lives.

I know I messed up couple of lines above , but I hope you understand what I am trying to put forward.
I clearly understand the other face of coin you are trying to show us. But , the question here is about the judiciary system and the weak govt. at the center.
Exactly but law would rather let a culprit go unscathed than harming an innocent as law is the keeper of our freedom our rights and keeping them sacrosanct

Also to further change your mind read these four instance

You are driving a car which has no brakes and cant be stopped at any cost. You know at the end there are 5 people which would die from accident and there is a turn in between if you turn the car only one person is at its end and hence only he would die, Would you turn the car?

You are on crossing a bridge with 10 more people and the bridge is gonna collapse for sure before you cross it . One man is very fat and if he is pushed from bridge, rest of people including you would safely cross it? Would you push the fat man?

You are a doctor and 6 people are dying due to different organ failure and outside a sick man is present at your clinic which if treated could live another 2 months but he could save all 6 of them. Would you kill him and take his organs to save 6 of them?

You are a doctor and 6 people are dying due to different organ failure and outside a healthy man is present at your clinic which could save all 6 of them. Would you kill him and take his organs to save 6 of them?

Compare your replies.You would start seeing the other side in better light.

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

Exactly but law would rather let a culprit go unscathed than harming an innocent as law is the keeper of our freedom our rights and keeping them sacrosanct

Also to further change your mind read these four instance

Compare your replies.You would start seeing the other side in better light.

Your questions create an ambigous situation for me. I believe , I am not wise enough to answer these question correctly.Infact I believe , there can't be an answer that can be called perfectcorrect for such situations.
I think saving more number of people by getting one k*ll3d seems more wiser to me.Logically , but in real life logic simply doesn't works that well.

It seems like you are a LAW student or somehow related to it , so could you please enlighten us with an answer which is more efficient and practical in real world scenario ???

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

I heard about some countries where they have Fast and Furious judicial system.It never takes ages and decades for a case to be resolved.
Is it better than our turtle-paced system , where cases go on even after death of victims and suspects ??
Is there any possibility for this to come true in India in near future ???

clmlbx

Technomancer
its not like all the muslims are bad people,trust me there are bad ones in every religion.

+1 their are people in every community, group, gang of friends,Family who are little rude. awkward to stay with.. It does not mean whole family,group, community is Bad..

I guess you won't mind getting killed as a tit in response to someone's tat.

Very Well said.. +1

@ico Of topic but "+1" button is really needed.. :)

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!

It was Tit for Tat .
A famous quote goes like this: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Simply speaking, violence/terror has no face. All of us know that there are hundreds of religious extremist groups out here which target people with mindsets like yours. We have religious extremist groups from religions like Hinduism, Islam and Sikhism, etc, and no one can justify the activities of these groups. When you point finger towards others several other fingers will point towards you. No one knows those who burned trains and killed people in several riots belonged to which religions. Do you think those who burned the trains checked each and every coach and ask the people from their religion to get down the trains as they were going to burn the trains. Those who were affected in different riots belonged to different religion.
And no one did anti Indian riots anywhere in the recent. Get your facts right. It was a protest against the killing of Bangladeshis in the NorthEast, and particularly in Assam, which turned violent (and I believe there ought to be some role of these religious extremist groups).
Anti-Assam riot protest turns violent in Mumbai; 2 killed
*www.thehindu.com/news/states/other-states/article3754170.ece

KDroid

Cyborg Agent

It was Tit for Tat .

We've crooks in the Media. Half of the Journalists are sold. The MSM is a threat to the national integrity. Totally Different Topic.

What do you have to say about the demolition of Babri Masjid huh?

I am not saying that what they did to Sabarmati Express is Right. Retaliating does no good whatsoever.

Re-Quoting rohit32407's post,

Infact this is a vicious circle. First muslims or hindu will do something which is completely inhuman, unwarranted and illegal and then the other group will go on to do the same thing to the first group. But people who actually suffer in this vicious cycle of inhuman acts are common innocent people. The people who had nothing to do with either of the acts have to suffer for some jobless morons who think they can do anything in the name of religion or hurt emotions. Just tell me one thing funskar- where does it end? If it goes on and on then one day it is bound to affect you, me or anyone for that matter personally and not just through news and views. Hatred never solves anything, i am not asking everyone to become a saint, sadhu etc but atleast don't try to justify such an inhuman act. The sabarmati express incident was also just as unfortunate as the other one but the fact of the matter is that in the name of revenge innocent people were killed for no fault of their own.

A famous quote goes like this: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Simply speaking, violence/terror has no face. All of us know that there are hundreds of religious extremist groups out here which target people with mindsets like yours. We have religious extremist groups from religions like Hinduism, Islam and Sikhism, etc, and no one can justify the activities of these groups. When you point finger towards others several other fingers will point towards you. No one knows those who burned trains and killed people in several riots belonged to which religions. Do you think those who burned the trains checked each and every coach and ask the people from their religion to get down the trains as they were going to burn the trains. Those who were affected in different riots belonged to different religion.
And no one did anti Indian riots anywhere in the recent. Get your facts right. It was a protest against the killing of Bangladeshis in the NorthEast, and particularly in Assam, which turned violent (and I believe there ought to be some role of these religious extremist groups).
Anti-Assam riot protest turns violent in Mumbai; 2 killed
*www.thehindu.com/news/states/other-states/article3754170.ece

Look, When you don't know sh1t about something, just don't talk about it. You will end up making a fool of yourself. :)

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
I agree with whatever you said. But....

No one knows those who burned trains and killed people in several riots belonged to which religions. Do you think those who burned the trains checked each and every coach and ask the people from their religion to get down the trains as they were going to burn the trains.

Godhra train burning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

funskar

Padawan
And no one did anti Indian riots anywhere in the recent. Get your facts right. It was a protest against the killing of Bangladeshis in the NorthEast, and particularly in Assam, which turned violent.

Bro riot tooked placed for killing of muslims in Myanmar also..
Do hindu's do these anti riots as the hindus in pakistan are raped killed etc..

And don't you aware of bhavyanagar(AP) .

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I agree with whatever you said. But....

Godhra train burning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the first part, that was not specific to any one incident. We have had a long history of such religious and communal riots and there have been many such train burnings since Partition. As far as the second part of that quote and the wikipedia link is concerned, it clearly stated and I quote:
Most of the people killed were Hindu pilgrims and activists who were returning from the holy city of Ayodhya.

The point is MOST and not ALL.

Bro riot tooked placed for killing of muslims in Myanmar also..
Do hindu's do these anti riots as the hindus in pakistan are raped killed etc..

And don't you aware of bhavyanagar(AP) .

I suppose there have been protests here in India against such incidents Pakistan, Australia, England, US, etc. and the one you're talking about, AFAIK, S.M. Krishna, the Minister for External Affairs had a talk with his counterpart in Pakistan on that matter.
I'm sorry, I'm not aware of bhavyanagar(AP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom