Airtel or Vodafone for MNP

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
^^ I know you are on DoCoMo now, but if you are a heavy SMS user (like me), Reliance charge only Rs.13/mo for 1ps/sms. Same goes with BSNL pre-paid too. :)

I have a Vodafone connection, they charge me Rs. 80/mo for 15000 sms/mo. Network wise, I am ok, its just that at my home in Bhopal, I do not get Vodafone network, everywhere else it is awesome.

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Check the Rs. 62 plan here

You get 50 free SMS per day. Out of all the plans listed on that page, Ifound the Rs. 62 plan to be very attractive. Even call charges to Vodafone numbers at night are at 10 paise / min.

PraKs

Youngling
@desiibond
What are 3G plans of Vodafone in Bangalore ?

Guys, Vodafone has 299 Rs Unlimited GPRS plans (even can connect to PC & surf, download). Its really good for surfing.

saswat23

Human Spambot
If you have to select among AIRTEL and VODAFONE, then blindly go for the later one. The former is totally useless. GPRS is Rs.98 and you just get 2GB. In vodafone you unlimited download for the same price. Speed is even better than Airtel. Other than that vodafone also has good signal strength and better plans than airtel.
Docomo was better earlier. But after their 3G services the GPRS speeds have come down like anything. But yet its still managable and AFFORDABLE.
Previously i could Download 140mb in just 1hr 20m with docomo now it takes around 1hr to download just 60mb.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have used Idea, DOCOMO and Airtel

I can easily say that Post DND service activation Airtel is the best for me:p

DOCOMO call rates is cheap coz of Rs.89 charge 1p/2sec to any mobile for 3 months...but the signal is just too bad...just like bsnl..go to window or open air to talk

Idea is best in signal but bit costly and not so good add on plans

priyaviv45

Broken In
I am also using airtel for the last 4 years but now i m unable to recharge any talk time on mah number for last one month..m thinking of switching to vodafone...Hws its network??

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Vodafone's network is unarguably one of the best. But in not-so-small cities like Bhopal I can hardly get any signals while on roaming which I seriously hate.

I think network wise Airtel and BSNL are the best if we talk about all-India coverage although some members have said that they have encountered issues with BSNL network (not me..never).

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ not true. I used Airtel and in Coimbatore(one of metro city), i rarely get tower in my home. Still the issue is there.

robogeek

Broken In
@desiibond @PraKs
Vodafone doesn't have 3g license in karnataka., so it can't provide 3g service in bangalore

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, I'm using Vodafone from 3 years, never faced any problem network even while roaming. Well, exceptions are there, like travelling in train, that also in few parts.

I didn't faced problem in Vodafone GPRS, and I've used Airtel GPRS and I personally think Vodafone GPRS is much better.

Prices are almost same. And also I see 3G prices are lowest in Vodafone here in Kolkata.

Vodafone's network is unarguably one of the best. But in not-so-small cities like Bhopal I can hardly get any signals while on roaming which I seriously hate.

I think network wise Airtel and BSNL are the best if we talk about all-India coverage although some members have said that they have encountered issues with BSNL network (not me..never).

Dude, Vodafone service in Bhopal is good .

The best in MP is Airtel followed by Idea. Vodafone is in 3rd place.

I had all 3 sims and used them regularly so I can make a conclusion .

Hello guys and gals,

I am using AIrtel network now. I'm planning to move to Vodafone by retaining the same number (Thanks to Mobile Number Portability).

The reason I'm thinking of leaving AIrtel is because
1) Call charges in Airtel are a bit on the higher side. I need to pay 60 paise per call for calling a non-Airtel number. On most other networks it is 50 paise per sec.

2) No option to top-up for desired amount online. The only option is to recharge using Netbacking facility for a specified amount (333,400,...). I checked that Vodafone site allows you to recharge online from their site for any amount you like.

3) I pay 98 bucks every month to activate GPRS. Now there is no option to activate this online or through SMS. This is a major turn-off for me.

4) I'm getting a lot of calls from AIrtel insisiting me to switch to their postpaid connection even when I have registered to DO NOT DISTURB registry.

Folks who have used both the networks, please suggest me if it makes sense to move to Vodafone considering these problems with Airtel. Does Vodafone have any of the same problems?

1. Does Vodafone gives you 50 p/sec for other numbers and 1 p/sec on Voda numbers . No

There is a top up in Airtel 50 p/sec on all numbers.

2. Yeah . Vodafone online rechargind is better.

3. Airtel allows you through sms . *567#. Activate 98 plan and it will deduct balance automatically every month . You can unsubscribe using the same number .

4. Vodafone is calling on my airtel number and fiving me postpaid .

Get some facts right mate . The one advantage of vadone is calling to vodafone numbers is cheaper then Airtel to Airtel .

overall i feel.. docomo is the best.. whether it be call rates or gprs..
do give it a thought

No ways. Docomo is very good in Maharstra circle but there network in Karnataka is aweful .

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
for me voda is best.. call are charges are gr8,, sms pack... internet.. and if its coverage is not better than airtel.. then its upto airtel one.. bt not less than that..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
No ways. Docomo is very good in Maharstra circle but there network in Karnataka is aweful .

the truth u know is that no operator provides good service across india.. my experience with docomo wherever i've gone has been awesome but i know people(only a few) who have faced issues...

the truth u know is that no operator provides good service across india.. my experience with docomo wherever i've gone has been awesome but i know people(only a few) who have faced issues...

I will say this Airtel and Vodafone are the most consistent across India . One should decide what he wants in the Sim card and choose accordingly.