Airtel has suggested TRAI to reduce post-FUP speed to 64kbps

kunnusingh

Journeyman
64Kbps speed is to much for Indian, It should be 2 or 3Kbps per hour then they can be able to offer internet plan at cheaper rate like Rs.300/mo 4G with 3Kbps speed (Airtel Smart Network - 3Kbps super fast speed.)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol at first I was seeing this as 64 KB/s, didn't notice the small b :rofl:

So 8 KB/s in 2016, now that has to be an achievement, bravo Airtel.

I know I should disconnect their digital tv but what a cheap sod I am!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
For who are surprised at 64 kbps, see this:

*i.imgur.com/NbTbzm7.png

It'll really make you say, seriously ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
What the Actual F***!!! I don't know how I missed this thread.

I have already quit Airtel Broadband two years ago. The only thing stuck with me currently is their 4G network, which is also pathetic. Few more days for the other operator to catch up with their network and I will quit Airtel for good.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
What the Actual F***!!! I don't know how I missed this thread.

I have already quit Airtel Broadband two years ago. The only thing stuck with me currently is their 4G network, which is also pathetic. Few more days for the other operator to catch up with their network and I will quit Airtel for good.

you play bf4 on 4g, right?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Airtel user here (looking to port for more than a year)

I need not more than 250MB per month. But I have to recharge for 1GB if I need validity for 1 month (I still get only 28 days). I am carrying forward 700MB+ each month.
I have even started using the data to download software updates. The current 3G Validity ends on April 8th I still have more than 1.5GB remaining.

As much as Airtel complains that unlimited users are misusing bandwidth, they are forcing us to sign up for 1GB data every month even if there is no need for that much data.
If Airtel has issues with unlimited users, they should stop giving out unlimited plans (40kbps post FUP is a joke anyway).

I had an issue with Airtel last month. I had put my rate cutter on auto-renewal and maintained enough balance for the same. On the day of renewal, the withdrew the amount (Rs. 46/- I guess), but the cut-rate was not applied. I was debited normal charges for all calls, which I did not notice. I felt that I ran out of balance pretty quickly when it happened, but ignored it and topped up which also drained out quickly. Only now I realised what was happening.
I called Airtel support, they put me on hold multiple times and rescheduled the start of the rate-cutter to the next day after I called. But all the calls that I made in normal charges were not compensated and they bluntly said they can't refund me that amount though it was their fault. Though they acknowledged they already had the issue with number of users, they are doing nothing to fix it.
What if I had not noticed? How many more are affected this way? Does this not amount to theft?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I need not more than 250MB per month. But I have to recharge for 1GB if I need validity for 1 month (I still get only 28 days).
The validity has reduced to 25 days when i recharged 1GB last month :( I started using Music streaming apps in order to exhaust the data :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Airtel user here (looking to port for more than a year)

I need not more than 250MB per month. But I have to recharge for 1GB if I need validity for 1 month (I still get only 28 days). I am carrying forward 700MB+ each month.
I have even started using the data to download software updates. The current 3G Validity ends on April 8th I still have more than 1.5GB remaining.

As much as Airtel complains that unlimited users are misusing bandwidth, they are forcing us to sign up for 1GB data every month even if there is no need for that much data.
If Airtel has issues with unlimited users, they should stop giving out unlimited plans (40kbps post FUP is a joke anyway).

I had an issue with Airtel last month. I had put my rate cutter on auto-renewal and maintained enough balance for the same. On the day of renewal, the withdrew the amount (Rs. 46/- I guess), but the cut-rate was not applied. I was debited normal charges for all calls, which I did not notice. I felt that I ran out of balance pretty quickly when it happened, but ignored it and topped up which also drained out quickly. Only now I realised what was happening.
I called Airtel support, they put me on hold multiple times and rescheduled the start of the rate-cutter to the next day after I called. But all the calls that I made in normal charges were not compensated and they bluntly said they can't refund me that amount though it was their fault. Though they acknowledged they already had the issue with number of users, they are doing nothing to fix it.
What if I had not noticed? How many more are affected this way? Does this not amount to theft?

you can put this in a mail with proper dates when it took place and the approximate amount of money that it cost you.

then mail it to the proper appellate authority.

their customer care are just regular call centers who do not care about your money.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Happened with my roomie few days back.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
we have billions of users using Mobile internet in India as compared to Broadband Wired users.
and if Airtel sets an FUP of 64Kbps then every single page load will be a hell to view. :yawn2_NF:

And it was the retard Airtel who tried to introduce extra charge on Whatsapp/Skype voice calls :angry_NF:

bubusam13

Human
If we all are facing so much issue with Airtel, why are we using it at first place ? I sold out my locked data card without the Airtel SIM. I am just waiting for reliance Jio launch next month, on April

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
you can put this in a mail with proper dates when it took place and the approximate amount of money that it cost you.

then mail it to the proper appellate authority.

their customer care are just regular call centers who do not care about your money.

I am just another lazy guy who thinks the money I am going to get is not worth the effort I am going to put :D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I am just another lazy guy who thinks the money I am going to get is not worth the effort I am going to put :D

that's true. but if you let them go, they will just go and dupe another guy of his hard earned money.

and its your money at the end of the day.

Top Bottom