Adventures of Life!!-Away from monotony and boredom.

Hrishi

While the life of a Geek is adventurous in itself (in one way), dealing with tons of complex problem and headroom to do more and more. There lies a world outside of it as well , which is as thrilling as it can get to.
Most ouf us usually spend our time being screen hugging insects , always try to do things virtually because of the ease and safety involved.

How many of you go out on adventures , out of the virtual-box , trying to do stuff that you generally don't get to , or stuff that limits you by fear but you try to overcome it ??

Share your adventure experience ,ideas , fantasies and plans.
Let's sometime slide away from this monotony ........in the amazing experience called life and share our experiences.After all , what worth is an adventure if you can't share it.
:cool:
----------------------------------------------

nobody got adventure plans ??

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I myself wanted to become an Archeologist but ended up becoming an Advocate. So when ever any accidental discovery was made regarding any unearthing of any old tunnels I always wish to go to that tunnel and explore it and find out where it leads to. But my father and my friends always stop me from doing such exploring as they say that it is fatal as what might I expect in such dark places nothing like ghosts but snakes,dangerous gases,mud slides and lack of oxygen. These are the reasons that my well wishers show me for stopping me from exploring such fine abodes of history attached to them. Recently at one of the Lord Shiva Temple in Srisailam, a tunnel was found while the labourers were digging to lay a water pipeline near the Goddess temple. The tunnel was very wide with a grand hall and a small inner sanctum was discovered with in that hall which might be a sanctum sanctoram (innermost temple) or any door to a tunnel itself or might be like Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Kerala. Who knows what we may find in there?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^wow such tunnels are discovered frequently?

go on treks, usually with vrangers, green carpet or shikharvedh. great for weekend outings for those near mumbai. just dont expect picnic.
one time, there was no trek scheduled by anyone for the weekend (very rare), so decided to go out somewhere on my own. left house without clear destination, reached panvel through sanpada. tossed a coin between prabalgad and karnala. had been there before, but not alone. caught bus from panvel station to thakurwadi. started the climb. was expecting to eat food at a hotel in the village, but found out that you have to order an at least entire day in advance, so the villagers can get the supplies and prepare. shrugged, and started up towards the top. one group of men asked me where I was going, scolded me for doing it alone, and made me join their group. we ended up making plans for going to another trek later. then all of us got lost, they wanted to go to kalavantin, I wanted to go to prabalgad (they are neighboring peaks). so told byebye to group, went my way by direction. horrible twenty minutes, the loneliness gets to you especially if you are lost. the way was not a way at all, with steep rock patches, bushes overgrown on either side and times when you had to walk crouching underneath overhanging rocks. hit on a proper way, and it was easy going till the top... by which point was very hungry. there were just two people on top of prabalgad, a father and a son, who were eating and who very nicely offered me their chapati and potato bhaji. didn't even need to ask, felt so relieved right then. gobbled it up, took a few photos, and came back.

dream is to see a phenomenon at harishchandragad. never miss a trek in october-november just to get a chance to see this. can be spotted at kokankada, mah's highest cliff. it's a circular rainbow, or a glory. called indravajra locally. haven't spotted it yet, but this is a photo a friend took who has.
*i.imgur.com/z4nxvOB.jpg

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Great thread.

I would like to add that Adventure need not necessarily be outward. Learning a new skill i.e. learning a new instrument,cooking etc can be considered as adventures as well. This can be extended to your current hobbies as well i.e. if you are a photographer who only shoots birds , start doing something different like get a macro lens and dive into close up photography.

R2K

In the Zone
I got nothing to call as an adventure. Only thing thats remotely close to an adventure is my workout in the gym. Lifting weights that you thought you will never be able to lift and the stress relief after the session is amazing. Also it did help in boosting my self confidence a little bit. And other times I just like to spend time looking at a screen:D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I 'had' a dream.

Dream of not getting married, working 11 months my ass off and then taking 1 month of holiday to travel one country each year. Not gonna happen in this lifetime.

$hadow

Geek in making
From the past 2 years I am spending a fortnight in the Corbett national park trying to get near the wildlife and watch those animals whom I have only seen on TV.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
From the past 2 years I am spending a fortnight in the Corbett national park trying to get near the wildlife and watch those animals whom I have only seen on TV.

Awesome hobby and every one should share some moments of wildlife once in his/her lifetime.

$hadow

Geek in making
Awesome hobby and every one should share some moments of wildlife once in his/her lifetime.

All I could say that life over there is totally different from this cosmetic world. The feeling of true beauty lies there but one can't live there is another thing as a matter of fact :-D :-D.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
All I could say that life over there is totally different from this cosmetic world. The feeling of true beauty lies there but one can't live there is another thing as a matter of fact :-D :-D.

If I am posted as a forest officer in any of the national parks cannot I live there with my family. I mean there would not be super markets, cinema halls or shopping centers anywhere near but getting a paid job in such forest ranges full of evergreen wildlife and local tribals is a boon for anybody.

$hadow

Geek in making
If I am posted as a forest officer in any of the national parks cannot I live there with my family. I mean there would not be super markets, cinema halls or shopping centers anywhere near but getting a paid job in such forest ranges full of evergreen wildlife and local tribals is a boon for anybody.

If I would tell my gf about this she would say you are getting insane :-D :-D.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I always like to "explore" roads, where they go and specially where they end; places, what and how are they about; and the likes.

Among the recent visit I can mention, is of Nandi hills near Bangalore. It was friend's room-mate's birthday, all drunk, but not talli :p, made an instant plan to squeeze money out of birthday boy :)). The only hassle we had to arrange a cab @ 2am. Finally, all was set and the place was awesome. Never saw such high speed fogy wind. The early morning chilly temperature, people rushing, bikes vrooming, and not to mention, chiks!! Amazing!

$hadow

Geek in making
Living in a serene place without any much people around and with only wild animals around is like living in medieval times.

How many people think like us man. Some even consider this as an idiotic talk. I know What does it means to me but people like my neighbors thinks that I go there coz I am frustrated with my life. When I heard that first I was like wtf. Ugh these people are no way close to what I say as nature putting flowers on your breakfast table do not make them close to nature.

I always like to "explore" roads, where they go and specially where they end; places, what and how are they about; and the likes.

Among the recent visit I can mention, is of Nandi hills near Bangalore. It was friend's room-mate's birthday, all drunk, but not talli :p, made an instant plan to squeeze money out of birthday boy :)). The only hassle we had to arrange a cab @ 2am. Finally, all was set and the place was awesome. Never saw such high speed fogy wind. The early morning chilly temperature, people rushing, bikes vrooming, and not to mention, chiks!! Amazing!
Sounds like fun how much time does it took to reach your destination.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nice thread..

I try to keep balance with work, home, pets, photography, geeky things and reading ...huh long list

I read novels when travelling in train or bus...woking hours are long 9-10 hrs but when I get time I am on some techno site of TDF soo I dont become plainly outdated...now photography is my passion and every weekend I spent my whole morning from 5-12 am in some garden or some lake around..its sort of trakking ....and remaining holiday is with my family and pet ...soo this is my life ;) trying to balance everything
I love my tuffy and go for a long walk everynight ...yup in all this I dont get time for friends thats a disappointment.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I myself wanted to become an Archeologist but ended up becoming an Advocate. So when ever any accidental discovery was made regarding any unearthing of any old tunnels I always wish to go to that tunnel and explore it and find out where it leads to. But my father and my friends always stop me from doing such exploring as they say that it is fatal as what might I expect in such dark places nothing like ghosts but snakes,dangerous gases,mud slides and lack of oxygen. These are the reasons that my well wishers show me for stopping me from exploring such fine abodes of history attached to them. Recently at one of the Lord Shiva Temple in Srisailam, a tunnel was found while the labourers were digging to lay a water pipeline near the Goddess temple. The tunnel was very wide with a grand hall and a small inner sanctum was discovered with in that hall which might be a sanctum sanctoram (innermost temple) or any door to a tunnel itself or might be like Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Kerala. Who knows what we may find in there?

you ll love the show 'American Digger' on Discovery Channel.

Top Bottom