Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^IMHO, we should wait for the opinion of a few more members?

Also, we need to figure out who's going to moderate the quality of posts,
i.e we need to select a few folks 2 or 3 , who'd be the editors

And make a list of all the folks who'd be the contributors.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Yeah will drop by some nuggets of information but there are other linux guru here who know better than me.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
rayraven -
I prefer a new blog. freeme.in is hardly active now. Getting a domain + hosting is big deal. It would cost Rs 1k (maybe even less) for the first year. We need people who are really interested and committed.

By the way, you yourself can create a new poll.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Yes,which is why i say we start with a free offering from wordpress/others.
Once we are settled, and enough people are committed we can go for a paid offering.

What do you say?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
rayraven -
I prefer a new blog. freeme.in is hardly active now. Getting a domain + hosting is big deal. It would cost Rs 1k (maybe even less) for the first year. We need people who are really interested and committed.

By the way, you yourself can create a new poll.
We already have good hosting and a domain name! Agreed, its dead now, but we sure can revive it!

Mehul: Lemme know if you need anything from me.. I think i have admin access on Drupal, but i don't have FTP access.. Sorry was out yesterday night, so didn't come online at all..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I think that reviving an old blog would be better than rather starting a new free one. But thats just my opinion of course. Not to mention this one has a nice domain name and I'm sure with a bit of work it should be back in full form.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
but please refrain from posting every now and then news, i saw a lot of news that was more of a news channel.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Yes, whatever be the choice of host, we should try keep news to a minimal.
Even if we must post a news item , it should be small and rather link to the parent site for info.

So, the issue still isnt clear. Should we go with freeme.in or start from scratch.
Perhaps a poll is the only choice.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
ok added a poll.
But, as it is you would like to go with a dedicated host in the future. Freeme has both dedicated hosting on a good server and a paid for domain name. And blog posts can be done on drupal too.
Then again your wish if you people would like to start from scratch.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
@Mehul,
If its possible to get wordpress running on the host, and starting the blog from ground-up again, then maybe we can start off with freeme.in,

I was pondering over what you wrote and yes, someday we do have to start with a paid offering, and freeme.in has it ready.

I didnt find any decent looking drupal skins, also wordpress is easier to work with IMO.

mehulved

Well I have enabled blog module for freeme and it's as easy to use. And drupal does better than wordpress to mange multiple authors with multiple roles.
We can also have sort of mini-forums for discussion and have moderators to keep tabs on posts and comments without having full access to administration. That makes drupal very viable.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Hmm, I havent used drupal so cant say anything abt it.
But I couldnt find a decent skin for it, and IMO a weblog needs to look good, before anyone starts reading it.

Btw, is freeme.in down? You guys fixing something?
Also, make something clear please,
who owns freeme.in and who are the admins?

mehulved

Yes freeme is down. see the previous page. There was an error and I am trying to fix it.
freeme.in domain name is owned by riyaz aka desertwind and hosting has been provided by ashish aka tuxfan. Both are old and trusted members of the forum. Ashish was also a mod of the forum earlier.
There's quite a lot of use old members who have got admin access to the site - digen, desertwind, GNUrag, kalpik, Satish S, ZeeshanQ, me. And a few others who have been helpful.

praka123

left this forum longback
but freeme.in isnt a success,I feel.so this very idea seems not...a good one.
but...see *fsdaily.com it is improving :)
we should get a bigger audience/contributors pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom