• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Allright guys, i made a test blog, *justlinux.baywords.com/

We can start there and see how well we progress.
People who wanna be involved can create a username on baywords and post their id here.

We still need to decide on the editors. 2-3 should suffice IMO.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
(Upcoming stuff: We will add support for your own domain hopefully. Captcha system will be installed. Stats will be better. Ads will be added, sorry about that but we’ll keep them as usual to a minimum.)
^^ on baywords site.thats not good at all.better start off at wordpress.com.
btw if you think we should continue at baywords my id is abhinandh

Last edited:

Sykora

I see right through you.
@praka123 : I went and took a look at fsdaily, and I really like the way they've got things set up.

I think we should do something along those lines, but maybe direct it more towards a technical side than an advocacy side.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
@abhinandh,

didnt read that, we'll in that case, we can move to some other,
wordpress.com has no ads?

@NucleusKore,
that's coz there are no posts and i deleted the hello world one.
Anyways, it wont matter as we may move to wordpress.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
We could, but if you take my advice, Drupal is a much better platform :) Lets see what Mehul says.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
I couldnt find any good skins for drupal, and IMO, a website is read only if it looks good.

Nobody reads a crappy looking site. :p

EDIT:If you guys can get a decent looking skin, i dont really care which CMS we use. ;)

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
*www.osskins.com/main/category/drupal/
*www.siteground.com/drupal-hosting/drupal-themes.htm
*alldrupalthemes.com/
*mashable.com/2007/10/04/drupal-3-column-themes/
*themegarden.org

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Wordpress strongly recommended ;)
CNN, NYT, WSJ, TIME, Apple, OSF, yahoo, ebay, techcrunch, zdnet, 9rules, gnome, mark shuttleworth all use WP (list of famous blogs on wordpress)

Wordpress Resource Thread ;)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82317

and btw you guys said that you wanna start with wordpress.com :D

then suddenly why the hosted platform question ? :p

_

Last edited:
OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^We do have to move to a hosted solution sometime.
Freeme.in is readily available. But, we werent sure if we could start from scratch, now that kalpik has confirmed that, i guess we can go with freeme.in.

Only things that remain are.
1. List of editors.
2. List of Contributors.
3. CMS - Drupal or Wordpress - Personally, i dont care which as long it looks good :p

@Everyone.
Please put down your name if you intend to contribute, and we can start the list. Also, suggest people who we want as editors. ~3 guys should do IMO, for now, we can add more as the work load increases.

Last edited:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
I'm not a linux user just know a few stuff... that too cos I have a VPS server to host my websites :D

I cant author any meaningful linux articles... there are a lot of linux freaks here who could contribute. I dont think think that will be a problem.

just start with it.. many ppl will think a lot to join in the beginning :D

only a few will be willing to contribute in the beginning.. then others will follow later ;)

_

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
[SIZE=-1]PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT I'M SPAMMING OR SOMETHING BAD ABOUT ME IN THIS POST :) -

[/SIZE]
Well guys, I would be happy if the blog uses a subdomain like this - decided-name.itech7.com

the domain name is "itech7" which can be interpreted as "India Tech" or "Indians' Tech magnified 7 times" or something similar.

I have no problem even if you don't agree to my request, just a suggestion, now its up to the guys here to think whether this idea is good or bad. :)

Hey digital dude, why don't you host the blog ? ;)

and for the CMS, we can use Drupal or build our own-- we have some PHP technicians here (me too to some extent).

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^We already have a domain name and hosting available, at freeme.in.

IMO, we should go ahead and use it. But, as always, the majority decides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom