3G services inaugurated in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
there is nothing wrong with BSNL . the price is high because BSNL and MTNL has not been paid any thing for the spectrum . According to the agreement spectrum has not been allotted to any operator , so when ever the any one will buy it that time BSNL and MTNL has to pay 1.5 times more than that amount .

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Those who are dreaming 3G prices to fall down .. should come terms with reality.
Airtel When launched will be costlier then BSNL.

Don't expect the prices to fall any where in near future.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I applied for BSNL's 3G SIM few days back & will be getting it today. I will be able to test it over the Holi week. Right now I m going to buy the 120 MB trial pack which is sufficient to find how the service is.

I m the 4th BSNL 3G subscriber in Lucknow.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Sure I will. These are the following services I have decided to try

1) A speedtest to check how much speed I get some speed testing website.

2) Download a Torrent file of something small from a torrent tracker site from my phone's browser to phone's memory & use Symtorrent to download it to check the download speed etc when using torrent.

3) Check whether BSNL 3G supports POP3 & IMAP by accessing my mails in my Phone's inbuilt Mail Client. GMail is IMAP & Yahoo is POP in my Phone.

4) Download a small file from a HTTP server to check speed

5) Call someone using Fring on Skype to check whether BSNL has blocked VoIP or not

6) Accessing proper websites instead of Mobile Optimised

iinfi

mekalodu
@ gxsaurav
are you a s/w tester by profession?? :)

whn 3g is launched in mumbai MTNL will have gr8 plans
3 Mbps: Rs. 1200
2 Mbps: Rs. 800
1 Mbps: Rs. 500

for 2.5 GB, Rs. 5 for every additional MB of download

shashank_re

In the zone
^^I dont think speeds in 3G can be Controlled.

The fastest Commercial 3G speed as far as i know is offered by Vodafone in UK and the download speed is 7.2Mbps PRACTICAL and i guess this is called as HSDPA.

It will be stupidity to expect this kinda stuff from BSNL..
Iam really waiting for the Private operators to start 3G services. But the govt seems to be in no mood :(

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^We are waiting for your review

I got the SIM but it will be activated on Monday or Tuesday only :evil: due to Holi Holidays.

@GX Video call?

Who will I call? Although it costs Rs 2 for a minute but got no one to make a Video call to. I am the only one here with 3G activated & a 3G phone.

@ gxsaurav
are you a s/w tester by profession?? :smile:

Nope, I am a User Interface & Experience Designer. My Dad was Director of BSNL Lucknow but retired now so through his old contacts i am able to get a 3G SIM easily.

whn 3g is launched in mumbai MTNL will have gr8 plans
3 Mbps: Rs. 1200
2 Mbps: Rs. 800
1 Mbps: Rs. 500

for 2.5 GB, Rs. 5 for every additional MB of download

This I like. 1 Mbps at Rs 500 is good.

amitava82

MMO Addict
I have no idea how BSNL is promising 3Mbps.. I used Tmobile 3G on G1 and I used to get little less than 1Mbps average. And I never crossed 150MB download.. use cellphone net what it's for; mail, rss, weather, some app download, some youtube probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom