3G services inaugurated in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
This was a huge surprise. Chief Minister M. Karunanithi was hospitalized and was recovering so I didn't expect 3G services to be launched this month. Today's edition of The Hindu [22nd Feb 2009] carried a full page ad, on it's last page, about the inauguration of the 3G services in Chennai. The State telecom provider BSNL that gets first dibs at the 3G spectrum in India, as expected. Images below:

*3.bp.blogspot.com/_y0yDIxLejhc/SaDulHiAMlI/AAAAAAAAAh0/QyCFY95S6wo/s400/3g-service-inauguration-bsnl-chennai-india-sriraminhell-5.jpg

*3.bp.blogspot.com/_y0yDIxLejhc/SaDulAHk9DI/AAAAAAAAAh8/VWkp-ol2OwQ/s400/3g-service-inauguration-bsnl-chennai-india-sriraminhell-11.jpg

Source: Tv, hindu ( last page ) , *www.sriraminhell.com/2009/02/3g-services-inaugurated-in-india.html

axxo

99.9% Idle
Even I saw the ad in morning newspaper of dinamalar. No reasonable advancement in the case of wired broadband since 2003 , not sure how effective will be this technology in consumer market.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hope airtel isnt starting it ..

coz they will have " fair usuage " and would say that if we cross 50 MB our speed will be reduced to 33.3 Kbps......

ajooba215

Journeyman
:D:Dcongrats everone...yiippeee....3g is finally here....i think i`ll have to purchase a high end phone now....lol....:p

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^ You mean MTNL has it on commercial basis?
I have lost touch with the news...I was under the impression that they have completed their trails but yet to start commercial operations.

I am in Mumbai btw!

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Rs 400 for 1 GB, I will take it as then I will use 3G in my mobile phone only for which 1 GB is sufficient.

Rs 3000 for unlimited 2 MBps is very costly.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
3K ??? its too costly..

i think a 256 kbps should be availalbe less than 700 Rs... then i would get it ...
anyway pan 3G will take another 2 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom