3G iPhone announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Told ya. Some don't know that there is something called "CHOICE" in this world.

paying 5rupees after using 30 free MMS's (apart from having free internet on phone) is 19th century but paying 15$ extra per month just for 3G (whether you use it or not) is uber cool. LOLZ

and btw, standing ovation and loud cheering when Jobs said "recessed headphone" jack.

True 21st century stuff. LOL

Last edited:
i hav a local malayalam paper reporting the news... they say that it would be available for 8557 rs! here is the image/scan copy for the malayalis around here... (sorry no transalation....:D)
*skreem.exofire.net/DSC00006.jpg

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^That would be the base price (expected). There is a contract, detail of which nobody knows.
Thanks for sharing. :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Aren't U paying for GPRS ?

I pay 15 rupees for 24 hours, unlimited data usage. In those 24 hours I can email gazillion images and still pay only 15 rupees. Not to mention browse web sites and download files. But if I decide to use MMS then I can send only 3 MMS in 15 rupees. Now you see how sending emails is cheaper for me?

Pathik

Google Bot
i hav a local malayalam paper reporting the news... they say that it would be available for 8557 rs! here is the image/scan copy for the malayalis around here... (sorry no transalation....:D)
*skreem.exofire.net/DSC00006.jpg
Most of the newspapers are just trying to get in the bus and are giving out just the conversion rates of 199$ to Rupees. No one know what contracts would apply here.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
and btw, standing ovation and loud cheering when Jobs said "recessed headphone" jack.

err... no true ignorant Mac Fanboy attitude. For them at first the recessed jack is crap. But, when Jobs says it's here, OMG aint that the coolest thing to happen since the invention of the light bulb :lol:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Contracts are okay but why i am forced to use Data Plans.
as i don't need it, my Lappy + EVDO cards ---> Internet Everywhere.

if they enforce a monthly subcription like they do for Blackberry, then i won't buy.
else i would surely buy it. As i can afford one time investment, but monthly expenses on bills is no-no

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I pay 15 rupees for 24 hours, unlimited data usage. In those 24 hours I can email gazillion images and still pay only 15 rupees. Not to mention browse web sites and download files. But if I decide to use MMS then I can send only 3 MMS in 15 rupees. Now you see how sending emails is cheaper for me?
What’s the point of repeating it! Can’t you see you’re not getting through here? It’s difficult to get something inside a door that is padlocked and boarded up.

standing ovation and loud cheering when Jobs said "recessed headphone" jack.

1. The cheering was for the flush headphone jack, not the recessed one; and
2. You clearly do not know the meaning of the phrase “standing ovation”.

err... no true ignorant Mac Fanboy attitude. For them at first the recessed jack is crap. But, when Jobs says it's here, OMG aint that the coolest thing to happen since the invention of the light bulb :lol:
This is what I hate about you. Sometimes (or even most times), you behave like a Windows fanboy putting forward his views, however anti-Mac they be. That’s perfectly acceptable and we quite enjoy the sparring.

But then you turn around and post comments like the one above, which is basically a lie, and you completely ruin all the goodwill you’ve built up. No one ever said that the recessed headphone jack was OK. I distinctly remember saying that Apple was ripping customers off by making them pay for an adapter. And it wasn’t just me either, every article and review I’ve ever read about the iPhone, even on the most biased of publications, always condemned the recessed design of the headphone jack.

Please don’t resort to lies just to be on the same side of the fence as your Windows buddies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
in todays newspaper it was mentioned that airtel and apple announced yesterday to launch iphone in india at rs.32000

Its very very coslty :O :O :O

No one will purchase at such a high price..

goobimama

 Macboy
^ If you are at home, why dont you use the PC instead?
Exactly. You would think that browsing or emailing from a desktop client would be a much better browser experience. Well its not. For heavy browsing/emailing yes, but nothing beats sitting in the balcony with some juice, biscuits and surfing your daily dose of tech news. I almost exclusively use email from my iPhone.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Since I sit in front of my Mac the whole day long, I cannot say that I use the iPhone exclusively for anything but I use email, tweet and generally browse the Internet quite a bit.

Of course, I have EDGE service enabled as well so when I’m on the move, the iPhone serves as a particularly handy companion for getting onto the Internet and, in particular, checking your email. And with MobileMe, it will become an even more enhanced and well synchronised experience.

iPhone kicks ass! :)

It’s a shame that they dropped it’s price so much.

Pathik

Google Bot
Well even I am hooked to GPRS but taking a cellfone just to access the net via wifi is another thing. You are still kinda tethered around your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom