3G iPhone announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
will vodafone and airtel subsidize the iphone to 199$ like AT&T in US ?
otherwise it will be like the prev gen. phone. bring it below 10k - the big psychological barrier.

Imagine every one replacing Nokia handsets for Iphone. Carpenter, Drivers, traders everyone sporting Iphone.

goobimama

 Macboy
will vodafone and airtel subsidize the iphone to 199$ like AT&T in US ?
otherwise it will be like the prev gen. phone. bring it below 10k - the big psychological barrier.

Imagine every one replacing Nokia handsets for Iphone. Carpenter, Drivers, traders everyone sporting Iphone.
Array baba there is no more 'previous iPhone'. Apple doesn't work that way.

iPhone for India is probably going to be around 22k, but locked to the carrier with plan rates more suitable for Indian pop.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
In the light of this new situation viz. getting iPhone @500$ from the USA, what is more advisable according to you experts:
1. Getting one from USA
2. Waiting for iPhone to b launched in India,
considering price in USA and expected price here.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Iphone 3G initial reviews:

*www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/0...hardware_reviews_app_plans_and_unlocking.html

Btw, iphone 2.0 firmware (not the new model iphone 3G) has been successfully unlocked by the iphone dev team!

@Enticer: I suggest you wait for the Indian launch, make a price comparison (it costs $599 in US without contract) and then decide.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
but i think it 200 Usd can any body plz explane me :confused:

You don't need to be explained. $200 is a marketing gimmick price. If you go to AT&T to buy the iPhone you will get it with a contract and taxes. If you subtract the taxes and the contract price then the effective cost of the iPhone is $200. If you buy it without the contract the price is $600. That's it.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Ah, GX, my favourite Apple hater. You seem to be awfully quiet these days. Don't you have anything to say about the numerous free updates for iPhone users, including the major 2.0 update? Weren't you the one crowing that Apple will charge $129 for "service packs" that won't add any new functionality? Guess what, ever since the launch of the iPhone, Apple has added better Maps functionality, built in location awareness, improved the performance of Safari, added Microsoft Exchange support, a scientific calculator, the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, etc., all without charging a single dime. To top it off, they added the App Store which brings throusands of free and paid applications to each and every existing iPhone user, one of which is Apple's own free (and excellent) remote for wirelessly controlling all your iTunes libraries from the comfort of your iPhone.

And all of the above is available to every single iPhone user for $0.00, all within just one year of the phone's launch date. The firmware v2.0 and the remote app are so awesome, in fact, that people wouldn't have minded paying for them. And yet, it has all been free.

Let alone you, even I'm surprised. We're quick to rip them apart when they screw something up; it's only fair that we recognise their achievements too. Bravo to the company, I say! :D

What's up, huh, GX? Got nothing to say?

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
Iphone

I m planning to ship myself an iphone from the us...so , i wanna knw tht is der any connection in india tht supports 3g and is der some panga to unlock iphone b4 use???any owns it here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom