20k Budget - One Final Thought !

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
D -Pad wise K850 is better then N82
Keypad Wise K850i is much better then N82
K850i looks like a gadget, N82 looks like a brick to me. Even N78 looks better
Camera is subjective, I find Sony Good, U find Nokia good.
Design wise K850i is easier to use then N82
Softkeys of N82 sux
Accelerometer is hardly usefull in real world
you cant even call k850's a dpad.
k850i looks like a brick doesn't look like sony has created that phone sony's designs were so awesome, but k850..
in my opinion n82 softkey is better than k850i's
sony's camera was good(like in k750 and k790) but this is just so crap

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
D -Pad wise K850 is better then N82
Keypad Wise K850i is much better then N82
K850i looks like a gadget, N82 looks like a brick to me. Even N78 looks better
Camera is subjective, I find Sony Good, U find Nokia good.
Design wise K850i is easier to use then N82
Softkeys of N82 sux
Accelerometer is hardly usefull in real world
Agree to each and every word !!! (Except for the camera part) !

you cant even call k850's a dpad.
k850i looks like a brick doesn't look like sony has created that phone sony's designs were so awesome, but k850..
in my opinion n82 softkey is better than k850i's
sony's camera was good(like in k750 and k790) but this is just so crap
No offence to you, but, IMO, K850i is one of the "most-stylish" phones available till date.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, I accept that I am a little inclined towards K850i.

Honestly speaking, it because of its stylish design.

And secondly, the I'll be using features like wifi, internet surfing, or viewing office documents on my laptop.

That's why I thought that K850i would be a better choice for me. (I've always liked stylish phones ... My last few phones were Moto Rizr V3i & Moto Razr Z3)

But, looking after such unanimous inclination towards N82, I feel that I am making a mistake.
Still I am not 100% convinced.

Is K850i really such a bad phone?

Its not that K850i is a bad phone....It is only that N82 is way better than K850i...N82 is more feature rich than K850i...U can see my previous posts 2 see what extra features N82 has and why it is better than K850i...

And then, there is not much of price difference between K850i and N82...So when u r getting so many extras in N82 by spending just a little more (Rs. 480 almost), then I think that it is really wise 2 go 4 N82 only....N82 is a better value for money than K850i..:D

U can also see the poll based thread 'Which high end mobile do you wanna own/currently own?' which I started yesterday...The N82 is on the top spot as for now and seems 2 b the most popular as compared 2 other cell phones....

The thread is here.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88895

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
You find K850i ugly ... And you like N82 's design ... kinda funny :D!!

I don't want just style. Else I could have gone for Moto Rizr2 also.

Read Viewty reviews,it's not just about style.

@krates: The best looking Symbian game :D

*www.symbian-freak.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15218

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
can anyone tell me what has the k850 accelrometer got to do with nething?? :O

in fact..u can use the accelerometer to play games..theres the nfs pro street and many other accelerometer games which are optimized for SE phones..and EA and SE have come to an exclusive deal..where EA will be providing accelrometer games for 6 months free to SE users..starting from C902..read it somewhere..

beats me..
the d-pad- much better than the n82 anyday...u will obviouslyt need getting used to it for a few days..but then its fine..

the touch sensitive soft keys are a charm..and they vibrate when u press em..

the k850 has an automatic shutter..super cool for a cam phone..but u have to get used to the cam a bit..u cant start clicking beauties at the outset..takes bout a coupla days to get used to the sensor..

why is noun saying bout the music quality huh?? ..no comments on that..the psp menu is brilliant..the n82 has a lot to learn from SE when it comes to UI..

the k850 will soon be modable and u will be able to incorporate flash themes...better cam drivers..beat the k850 at that..

i have mentioned beofre..u get google maps with all the maps preinstalled..so u have all the maps at ur disposal...ooh.m missing gps..lol..

wifi-has anyone tried out the wifi functionalities yet??..dunno..but i heard is pretty weak..and u need to be very close to a tower to get a signal...dunno..mayb wrong..

what else??symbian maybe..if u need smartmovie and a document viewer..go for it..else i dont think there are many applications to boast about...

nagage-LOLZZZZZ!!!!! 10$ s for a game..buy that..and n82 comes with sophisticated piracy protection...so no pirated games guys..

SE PLAYNOW ARENA!!!-ever heard of this thing??SE collaborated with napster to form the biggest music bank in the phone industry with more than 5 million songs at their disposal..collaboration with EA...

now u can download songs,games and do much more with that..just trackid the song..and they will send u the album and the price at a discounted rate...bbye bye ngage..oh..as a matter of fact..according to easto..the psp arena is to be alunched soon..with the wifi adapter...now if u want wifi in urset..just plug in a small adapter and ur ready to go..

did i miss anything??

heartripple

In the zone
n 82 is the way to go

but u have to buy the phone and u ahve to use the phone.
so buy the phone which gives satisfaction to ur heart.

utsav

damn busy...
Frankly speaking dude. You always start threads to know abt a phone but from your posts it seems that you have all information abt that device coz u never agree with anyone's suggestions.

nikhilpai

Techans
Well, read all the posts ... They mention why N82 is good ...

But I asked why K850i is bad ?

The factors that make N82 good are not there in K850i. Thats the bad in K850i
Its as simple as that :)

Anyways, as they say there is no such thing as the best phone. Its the phone which suits your needs better which is the best phone for you. But in this case N82 has something for everyone.... in fact it has everything for everyone :)

As far as I am concerned the only negative of N82 is its keypad. Many on this forum have got used to it. Just take a N82 in your hands and if u feel u r ok with the keypad, stop thinking twice & get the N82.

Those who say things like GPS won't be used are the ones who are stuck with K850i and do not have GPS on their phones .... its basically a case of sour grapes :))

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
And I have a sneaking suspicion that at the end of the day you'll buy the K850i, even if the people voting for N82 against K850i are 10:1.

vilas_patil

Journeyman
@ nikeel : Lot of people are talking about N82's Key-pad. Even I was worried initially, but, now after 12 days of use, I could find the keypad quite convenient, even though the keys are smaller but the space between the keys is quite spacious, which helps to handle it easily. The only thing is one has to get used to it at least for a couple of days. Moreover the build of keypad is very strong which according to me will not get loosen for years.... :)

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
ya i also think that many people will tell you to buy N82 but when you are inclined towards K850I which is acting as an unbalanced force and many are trying to make that force balanced but still some people are increasing that unbalanced force so the unbalanced force will make you buy the K850I

lol copied from my physics book force chapter

crack_head

Fireball Venom
@gx_saurav I wonder why you missed out that in the first place. Anyways, better late than never.

@iatb.gourav are you going to make pickle out of your Stylish phone? NO! So chalk out your requirements and then narrow down to models. Though I am SE fan myself, I advise you to go for the phone with features that you'll use the most. Freaking Network is like crap even in metros like Mumbai so think about all those demerits and Merits.

My opinion....go for W960i...best deal.

nikhilpai

Techans
Hey, I forgot....leave both N82 & K850. Get Sony ericsson W960i, best of both world.

AFAIK, W960i does not have GPS.
Moreover, it only has a 3.2 MP camera. It does not even have EDGE support.

Plus its priced in the 25k-26k region !!!!

I fail to understand how that can be better than N82.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom