** ~10k mobile advice thread **

bubusam13

Human
go for dell among these two. I read in GSM arena and most other sites. Initially Micromax works fine but after 4-6 months problems start appearing.

red dragon

Master troll
^^That is not manufactured by Dell[ZTE is a Chinese company.xcd35 is just rebranded ZTE Blade)

The Micromax thing is Chinese too and not that bad all!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@dharmil
its the best to go for samsung galaxy y for that budget. lot better than phones you said. faster processor would help in gaming too.

dharmil007

Journeyman
@dharmil
its the best to go for samsung galaxy y for that budget. lot better than phones you said. faster processor would help in gaming too.

YEA BUT THE THING IS THAT, IT HAS 3.O" KA SCREEN.
whereas dell has 3.5" & micromax has 3.7"

He is not a gamer, just few small games & a lot of videos, so big screen will help then smaller

bubusam13

Human
reading your requirements, I recommended you Dell. May be its actually ZTE made but it will be serviced by dell unlike Micromax which is poor in service. And Dell's 3.5" screen has much higher resolution than Micromax's 3.7" screen.

dharmil007

Journeyman
reading your requirements, I recommended you Dell. May be its actually ZTE made but it will be serviced by dell unlike Micromax which is poor in service. And Dell's 3.5" screen has much higher resolution than Micromax's 3.7" screen.

But it has Android 2.1 RIGHT ???
& how is the camera performance ???

bubusam13

Human
no, its android 2.2. I have mentioned in my posts above that its 2.2. Camera is good. Will not be as good a Nokia right.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
really low resolution for such a big screen. also processor is slow (same as Dell) & memory should be around 300Mb at max. lastly, i don't trust the service of micromax. best to avoid.

bubusam13

Human
This is the system info of my bro's New DELL XCD35. I have used Android System info app to get these information :

CPU : ARMv6 compliant CPU : 599.6 MHz
GPU : Adreno 200
RAM : 490 MB, 250 MB was free

Important Note :

Idea Blade is 256 MB though Idea advertises it as 512 MB. I have gone to a Idea store myself to check it out and its 256 MB

Can somebody tell me what is A-GPS ? And where can I get offline maps for free ?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
A-GPS uses satelite as well as GPRS/3G to get faster lock.
try this: google maps > settings > labs > pre-cache map area.

arijit4india

Right off the assembly line
Hi All, I want to buy a sub 10k QWERTY mobile to replace my anicent Samsung J150. QWERTY is a requirement because I text and email a lot, and at that budget I am not sure how much beating the touchscreen can take from typing.

So I've basically narrowed it down to three phones
1. Nokia E5
2. Motorola Fire
3. LG Optimus Pro

Sure the last two are android phones with bigger screens and better interface and apps than the Nokia E5, but I've also read about miniscule internal memory and laggy performance for the two phones. Since my primary use will be a lot of emailing and texting (and surfing/document viewing when I am on the road), along with good battery life, would Nokia E5 be a better option due to its better robustness?

Thanks in advance.

hareesh

Broken In
Budget 7-8 K

Requirements

1. Must be GPS enabled
2. Decent OS
3. Good Camera
4. Decent Music player with in-the-Ear headphones
5. Decent screen size
6. good battery back up

please help

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for less than 8k you have these:
1) Galaxy Y (cost 7.2k)
2) Wave Y (same price)
3) Dell XCD35 (priced higher than 8k i guess)

which suites you best, you check that part. If you want an overall good balanced mobile, check Wave Y. if you want Android, check Galaxy Y. if you want a really big screen, check XCD35. Wave Y should offer better battery life & better cam but doesn't have flash as stated by GSMArena.

hareesh

Broken In
for less than 8k you have these:
1) Galaxy Y (cost 7.2k)
2) Wave Y (same price)
3) Dell XCD35 (priced higher than 8k i guess)

which suites you best, you check that part. If you want an overall good balanced mobile, check Wave Y. if you want Android, check Galaxy Y. if you want a really big screen, check XCD35. Wave Y should offer better battery life & better cam but doesn't have flash as stated by GSMArena.

thanx bro...are these handsets GPS enabled?

Top Bottom