** ~10k mobile advice thread **

priyanshu

Right off the assembly line
Re: Which Andoid under 10k?

The last time I posted in this forum, I had the same question. I bought a BlackBerry Curve 8520. I regret it. It was just the huge craze behind Blackberrys which convinced me to buy one, I'm one of the people who always researches specs, compatibility, reviews and prices for new gadgets, but for this one I didn't.

So now I'm selling it on eBay. It's two months old, and the highest bidder currently is giving me 7k. I'll add at the max 3k more to this (assuming the price doesnt go above 7k). I want an Android under 10k. I won't buy Micromax/Karbonn or the like, and I want atleast a 3.2MP camera with autofocus, and atleast a 3.2" touchscreen.

I'm considering the following:

1. Samsung Galaxy Pro
  2. Motorola Fire
  3. Dell XCD35
  4. Optimus One

I know, people over here would instantly recommend Optimus One, but I find it's build quality not upto the mark, and the phone looks kinda ugly. Well, personal preference. So tell me? Plus, there's a lot of confusion about getting these mobiles online. Letsbuy has disabled all coupons for mobiles. So I'm checking out DesiDimes for deals now. :p Could you supply me with the lowest prices of these mobiles? (Online)

go for optimus net(price= rs.9400 on1st jan.2012) if you want good processor aND high ram wit a nice screen.

go for galaxy y(price= rs.7400 on1st jan.2012) if you want good processor aND small and affordable phone.but screen resolution ,ppi and camera are not up to the mark.

go for galaxy fit(price= rs.9800 on1st jan.2012) if you want good camera aND premium features.but screen resolution ,ppi and are not up to the mark.

go for dell xcd 35(price= rs.8400 on1st jan.2012) if you want extremly nice and large screen. (it has the same type of screen that samsung galaxy s has.and price of galaxy s is around 18k!) with less price.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
go for dell xcd 35(price= rs.8400 on1st jan.2012) if you want extremly nice and large screen. (it has the same type of screen that samsung galaxy s has.and price of galaxy s is around 18k!) with less price.

LOL who said? It's all plain TFT.

And the first batch was OLED, not Super AMOLED.

But yeah, the screen is pretty good.

XCD 35 is extremely moddable and a great phone for it's price tag. And stay away from IDEA Blade.

bubusam13

Human
^^ I purchased Dell XCD35 yesterday. and the Screen resolution is extremely nice. I dont want AMOLED or SUPER AMOLED. What I want is good readability. AMOLED is about color reproduction and power consumption. But for clear display pixels count.

Aniwz, why stay away from Idea Blade ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ I purchased Dell XCD35 yesterday. and the Screen resolution is extremely nice. I dont want AMOLED or SUPER AMOLED. What I want is good readability. AMOLED is about color reproduction and power consumption. But for clear display pixels count.

congrats :smile: for how much? can you please check how much ram is free?

Aniwz, why stay away from Idea Blade ??

warranty & modding community. no compromise on warranty.

htc explorer or lg optimus net or dell xcd35 ????
:?

about XCD25, wait for bubusam to reply. all that matters is free ram. read in GSMArena ram is just 256Mb (free ram is even less). a serious letdown. 300-350Mb is a must.

Explorer got ~50Mb free memory. install around 10 apps & even if you have moved them to external memory you can't install any more apps. and constant error msg will appear.

Optimus Net specification is ok but if they have kept the tradition same it'll come with a ton of crap apps. check some reviews.

bubusam13

Human
I asked my bro not to buy Dell XCD35 but he told me he wants to show off :p and so he wants Dell.

I could not find dell in any shop in Guwahati (donno why) and Datamation was my last hope. So yesterday evening on my Way to Datamation (its the oldest IT shop in NE) I saw a new Dell Showroom. I thought of trying it and not surprised I found Dell XCD35 these. A very very pretty looking girl replied Rs 8700 for it sir. At filpkart its Rs8699. So price is okay.

I asked her how much its RAM is? She looked confused and asked another who again asked another one and this chain reaction followed until everybody's head turned towards me when one gentleman replied "2GB !!" :shock: :-o Me : Oh yeah then I have a superphoone in my hand with 2GB RAM. Then the pretty lady unpacked it for me and the very first time I got hold of ZTE Blade (Android market recognise it as ZTE XCD35).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAM is 256 MB. Screen is brilliant :D :D :D Actually I want to buy it for myself now because of the screen. If you dont play games and just browse and read, then its the cheapest best android phone for you.

BUT THE PHONE LAGS. The very first time I switched on the phone, it could not even smoothly render the Dell boot up screen. I know a custom rom can solve this. I have installed a lot of apps without any problem and all running fine. Just kill unwanted apps from background using task manager. Once I had 8 apps running when I noticed a slight lag. Otherwise okay. I even played Angrybirds and Nova.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I asked my bro not to buy Dell XCD35 but he told me he wants to show off :p and so he wants Dell.

but its not made by Dell. he knows that?

I could not find dell in any shop in Guwahati (donno why) and Datamation was my last hope. So yesterday evening on my Way to Datamation (its the oldest IT shop in NE) I saw a new Dell Showroom. I thought of trying it and not surprised I found Dell XCD35 these. A very very pretty looking girl replied Rs 8700 for it sir. At filpkart its Rs8699. So price is okay.

was saying the bold part necessary? ;-)

I asked her how much its RAM is? She looked confused and asked another who again asked another one and this chain reaction followed until everybody's head turned towards me when one gentleman replied "2GB !!" :shock: :-o Me : Oh yeah then I have a superphoone in my hand with 2GB RAM. Then the pretty lady unpacked it for me and the very first time I got hold of ZTE Blade (Android market recognise it as ZTE XCD35).

no mobile comes with 2Gb ram.

RAM is 256 MB

how much ram is shown in About Phone?

BUT THE PHONE LAGS. The very first time I switched on the phone, it could not even smoothly render the Dell boot up screen. I know a custom rom can solve this. I have installed a lot of apps without any problem and all running fine. Just kill unwanted apps from background using task manager. Once I had 8 apps running when I noticed a slight lag. Otherwise okay. I even played Angrybirds and Nova.

is it updated to Android 2.2? or came with Android 2.1? if its 2.1, you can easily update it by taking to any Dell service center. heard update can't be done manually at home.

bubusam13

Human
but its not made by Dell. he knows that?
Yes. I told him its ZTE made. But the Dell logo is embossed on the phone right. So.

was saying the bold part necessary?
Yes, absolutely. As such sales person helps in controlling your temper when they make some shocking statements. Like 2GB RAM.

no mobile comes with 2Gb ram.

Yes I know, they are actually referring to the 2GB micro sd card. Actually they have no idea there is RAM inside a phone.

Note buyers : If you buy Dell phone don't format your memory card. First backup it. Because the PC Suite is in the card and no CD comes with Dell phone.

how much ram is shown in About Phone?.
I will check it after my bro arrives.

is it updated to Android 2.2? or came with Android 2.1? if its 2.1, you can easily update it by taking to any Dell service center. heard update can't be done manually at home.

Its Android 2.2. I asked them to upgrade it to 2.3. I also mentioned that Idea Blade is upgradable to 2.3. They said upgrades will be done at service center.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Note buyers : If you buy Dell phone don't format your memory card. First backup it. Because the PC Suite is in the card and no CD comes with Dell phone.

can you please tell me why PC Suite is required for an Android based mobile? :neutral:

Its Android 2.2. I asked them to upgrade it to 2.3. I also mentioned that Idea Blade is upgradable to 2.3. They said upgrades will be done at service center.

Dell XCD35 can't be updated to Android 2.2. Idea Blade is upgradable to 2.3 but update not released yet. maybe when Android 5.0 is out we'll have Android 2.3 from Idea.

bubusam13

Human
can you please tell me why PC Suite is required for an Android based mobile? :neutral:

Dell XCD35 can't be updated to Android 2.2. Idea Blade is upgradable to 2.3 but update not released yet. maybe when Android 5.0 is out we'll have Android 2.3 from Idea.

In case someone needs the PC suite.

My bro's Dell XCD35 is already Android 2.2

CORRECTION: This new Dell XCD35 have 512MB RAM. I have just checked

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
In case someone needs the PC suite.

sorry i am going a bit OT, but what i was asking is why we need PC Suite for android mobile? what is the use.

My bro's Dell XCD35 is already Android 2.2

CORRECTION: This new Dell XCD35 have 512MB RAM. I have just checked

then, maybe the processor is of new variant. you can can check it by trying to install the ARM v7 variant of adobe flash. but i am not sure if Android 2.2 supports flash player or not.

bubusam13

Human
There may be a Software updater. There is the function of backing up contacts and sending sms from PC. There is also a ringtone converter in the Dell PC suite.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well software checker is usually built right into mobile. but can't be updated from pc. also xcd35 won't get any more update.

about backup, google sync for contacts & almost all msg apps in market have backup fascility. some can sync with their own servers. basically, android mobile doesn't need any pc suite :smile:

NeerajMaan

micromax a70 is available @ only 5.5k on sulekha. :shock:
i think i should go for tht but i don't trust micromax :?

NeerajMaan

dell xcd35 is currently out of stock on flipkart, idea blade is gen2 blade
so tht seems better option.
wht do u think idea blade or dell xcd35 ?? :oops:

bubusam13

Human
well software checker is usually built right into mobile. but can't be updated from pc. also xcd35 won't get any more update.

about backup, google sync for contacts & almost all msg apps in market have backup fascility. some can sync with their own servers. basically, android mobile doesn't need any pc suite :smile:

For that you always need internet. What if someone wants to save contacts in their desktop. Its much handy.
Once I have to put contacts in a new but cheap Samsung mobile with only bluetooth. Then I send the contacts(vcard format) via Bluetooth from PC to that phone. The contacts were backed up from my ol' N72 mobile. Every phone doesnot have google sync.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well yes. true :smile:

dell xcd35 is currently out of stock on flipkart, idea blade is gen2 blade
so tht seems better option.
wht do u think idea blade or dell xcd35 ?? :oops:

avoid idea stuff. don't trust the warranty of these local brands. even if mobile is good, its equivalent to no warranty.

dharmil007

Journeyman
Hey my uncles budget is about 7-8k
i Suggested him

MICROMAX A75
DELL XCD35

Pls tell me guyz which one is better.

My uncle is not a mobile geek, he just wants cell to make/receive phone calls, watch a lot of moveis, play few casual games.

does anyone know how is the MicroMax A75 ?
Which one to choose outta thsese 2 ?
A75 has got a bigger screen 3.7" so it would be better for him to watch muvies, but micromaxx cant rely on them.

Top Bottom