** ~10k mobile advice thread **

akash1988

Broken In
I am in a serious confusion as to what to buy in this range how is htc explorer the ui should be good,shud support flash,able to run sd videos in mp4 and mkv format,camera should be decent for daytime pics,screen shud be big enough for viewing content. typed on a galaxy s2, so ignore the spelling mistakes if any. htc explorer seems better compared to lg optimus net p690. any other models in this 10k range? ya battery backup shud be good & shud be able to install apps from the memory card the ap2k files.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Offline : Why LG optimus Net don't get the same respect that LG optimus One has gained????

when Optimus One came out, HTC Wildfire, Samsung Galaxy 3 were the only competitors. with Android 2.2 and descent H/W, it was a easy win situation. Net came out & reviewers pawned it.

I am in a serious confusion as to what to buy in this range how is htc explorer the ui should be good,shud support flash,able to run sd videos in mp4 and mkv format,camera should be decent for daytime pics,screen shud be big enough for viewing content. typed on a galaxy s2, so ignore the spelling mistakes if any. htc explorer seems better compared to lg optimus net p690. any other models in this 10k range? ya battery backup shud be good & shud be able to install apps from the memory card the ap2k files.

other than bad battery life, i think everything is ok with Explorer. i am talking about battery life cause all previous HTC mobiles have really small battery.

Alen

Right off the assembly line
Help on buying a phone

1. Budget? 10000/-
2. Display type and size?
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?any
4. Preferred choice of brand?nokia,sony,htc
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). touch screen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. atleast 5mp with or without flash
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).any
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.wifi,3g
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?gps
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?camera ,multimrdia
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
12. Any other info that you want to share should have a descent standby time

akash1988

Broken In
when Optimus One came out, HTC Wildfire, Samsung Galaxy 3 were the only competitors. with Android 2.2 and descent H/W, it was a easy win situation. Net came out & reviewers pawned it.

other than bad battery life, i think everything is ok with Explorer. i am talking about battery life cause all previous HTC mobiles have really small battery.

Howz gaming and watching movies in MKV format on HTC explorer?

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Yes. Even I googled quite a bit. Couldnt find any CDMA+CMDA good phones. There are very few CDMA + CDMA phones for any budget. But most are not that good :-?

It'll do. I just want to know if there are any. My uncle wants one. Tell me which one did you find.

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Help me buying a mobile with 10 k !!!

1. Budget? 10k & below
2. Display type and size? Maximum suiting my budget
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? which ever is reliable & VFM
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. I Won't use it much
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.3G,Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? GPS
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? gaming,messagine & some time browsing
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? LG one,Net, Samsung Fit Young
12. Any other info that you want to share
I want the phone to be faster and having a big screen, Music lover with full bass

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Re: Help me buying a mobile with 10 k !!!

Dont go for fit, its screen has got low resolution...
Get optimus one if you need more custom roms and developer support...
Optimus net is just an improved version of one with higher cpu clock..

dmanojkmr

Journeyman

yep i saw the spec..Then why shouldn't i go for Net ?? with higher clock speed...
and what is custom ROM.??

Last edited:

pramudit

Gaming hardcore

Custom rom is operating system made by person other than those working in the phone company...
Go for optimus net only... One is older...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It'll do. I just want to know if there are any. My uncle wants one. Tell me which one did you find.

The problem is that there is no phone even in 6k budget. All are el cheapo Chinese phones. Better to avoid. Take a trip down to local market?
Check this site-
Samsung CDMA :: CDMA mobile phones, CDMA handsets

S

siddhipatel

You can also go for Samsung Galaxy Y. It’s a great phone having android OS and latest features.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

You can also go for Samsung Galaxy Y. It’s a great phone having android OS and latest features.

No. He cant go for it. There are better phones available.

Go for Optimus Net-
LG Optimus NET P690: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Yeah even I could just find those cheapo Chinese handsets. Just wanted to make sure that there are no good CDMA+CDMA Dual SIM phones available at all to prevent embarrassment (in case there turns out to be any). :) Thanx.

Top Bottom