** ~10k mobile advice thread **

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, yes it's around 10k. But if you look closely at the forum and it's posts about LG Optimus One, you'll get many dealers and coupons using which you can get it at 8.5k

k_v

Journeyman
okay, i'll take a look. Anything under 8k that might fit the bill? Preferably in the range of 6-7k..

gpphani

Right off the assembly line
Can Anyone suggest how to avoid android OS from using a lot of battery ?? I see that the OS takes up 50-60% of battery use !!!!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Using coupons :)

Well take a look at this *www.letsbuy.com/lg-optimus-one-p500-p-12977 and use AMEXLB for 10% discount.

Sorry I lost the 15% and 20% coupon. Check *www.retailmenot.com/ for coupons.

animesh.tripathi

Right off the assembly line
Which Andoid under 10k?

The last time I posted in this forum, I had the same question. I bought a BlackBerry Curve 8520. I regret it. It was just the huge craze behind Blackberrys which convinced me to buy one, I'm one of the people who always researches specs, compatibility, reviews and prices for new gadgets, but for this one I didn't.

So now I'm selling it on eBay. It's two months old, and the highest bidder currently is giving me 7k. I'll add at the max 3k more to this (assuming the price doesnt go above 7k). I want an Android under 10k. I won't buy Micromax/Karbonn or the like, and I want atleast a 3.2MP camera with autofocus, and atleast a 3.2" touchscreen.

I'm considering the following:

1. Samsung Galaxy Pro
  2. Motorola Fire
  3. Dell XCD35
  4. Optimus One

I know, people over here would instantly recommend Optimus One, but I find it's build quality not upto the mark, and the phone looks kinda ugly. Well, personal preference. So tell me? Plus, there's a lot of confusion about getting these mobiles online. Letsbuy has disabled all coupons for mobiles. So I'm checking out DesiDimes for deals now. :p Could you supply me with the lowest prices of these mobiles? (Online)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Which Andoid under 10k?

wait for HTC Explorer or Optimus Net. Dell XCD35 is getting old. Pro & Fire is your call as those are touch & type kind of mobile.

mukeshgupta

Broken In

The last time I posted in this forum, I had the same question. I bought a BlackBerry Curve 8520. I regret it. It was just the huge craze behind Blackberrys which convinced me to buy one, I'm one of the people who always researches specs, compatibility, reviews and prices for new gadgets, but for this one I didn't.

So now I'm selling it on eBay. It's two months old, and the highest bidder currently is giving me 7k. I'll add at the max 3k more to this (assuming the price doesnt go above 7k). I want an Android under 10k. I won't buy Micromax/Karbonn or the like, and I want atleast a 3.2MP camera with autofocus, and atleast a 3.2" touchscreen.

I'm considering the following:

1. Samsung Galaxy Pro
  2. Motorola Fire
  3. Dell XCD35
  4. Optimus One

I know, people over here would instantly recommend Optimus One, but I find it's build quality not upto the mark, and the phone looks kinda ugly. Well, personal preference. So tell me? Plus, there's a lot of confusion about getting these mobiles online. Letsbuy has disabled all coupons for mobiles. So I'm checking out DesiDimes for deals now. :p Could you supply me with the lowest prices of these mobiles? (Online)

You can add 3 more mobiles to this list
Samsung Galaxy Fit @9999
Samsung Galaxy Pop @7899
HTC Wildfire @9999
All 3 lowest price available online @Saholic source - priceofmobiles.com

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Dell XCD has got the best resolution. It is actually a rebranded ZTE. Build quality is pretty good but no official upgrades over Android 2.1 available

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Android 2.2 update available officially (heard you need to take the mobile to Dell Service center to update) & 2.3 unofficially.

You can add 3 more mobiles to this list
Samsung Galaxy Fit @9999
Samsung Galaxy Pop @7899
HTC Wildfire @9999

3 of the mobile that "peoples should avoid at all cost".

ajayritik

Technomancer
Best Mobile under 10 K

Hi Guys I'm planning to buy a new mobile as the previous one got hitched.

Budget is under 10k.

Main feature I'm looking for a good organizer as I need reminders, meeting etc.

I will not be using the camera much so don't require something which has higher mega pixel.

Will listen to music so would prefer something which has good feature wrt sound quality.

Android + 3 G would be preferable.

mukeshgupta

Broken In
Re: Best Mobile under 10 K

Hi Guys I'm planning to buy a new mobile as the previous one got hitched.

Budget is under 10k.

Main feature I'm looking for a good organizer as I need reminders, meeting etc.

I will not be using the camera much so don't require something which has higher mega pixel.

Will listen to music so would prefer something which has good feature wrt sound quality.

Android + 3 G would be preferable.

The best as per your requirement would be the W8 Walkman phone from Sony Ericsson. Check this out - Sony Ericsson W8 Walkman E16i| Sony Ericsson Mobile Phones | Saholic.com

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Guys, my brother-in-law's mobile got stolen, so he has to buy a new one. He prefers Android.

Budget - 10k
Good resolution
Camera - 3.2MP
Good battery backup
Also wants 3G.

Which phone should I recommend in the current scenario?

Also, what is the best mobile in the Rs.5-6k range?

Thanks

a2mn2002

keen to learn..

wait for HTC Explorer or Optimus Net. Dell XCD35 is getting old. Pro & Fire is your call as those are touch & type kind of mobile.

Sam bro
when LG optimus Net will be available in india.??? I am using gfive c200 as my n79 died ...:cry:

Top Bottom