** ~10k mobile advice thread **

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
fit is not worth 10k at all. if you want to showoff your mobile (& your fingerprints on the glossy surface) go for it.

optimus one have a few noticable advantages over the rest:
1. excellent build quality
2. non-glossy surface
& a few more.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Too be very honest I didn't like Samsung Galaxy fit.

Ok Guys Final list
1. LG optimus One
2. LG Optimus Net
3. Dell XCD 35.

Sam in of your post I see you suggesting Optimus net over Optimus one but another post suggesting Optimus one.

What would be the advantages of Optimus Net over Optimus One.

Maybe if I'm tight on budget have to opt for Optimus one with the coupon from Lets buy

ajayritik

Technomancer
Go for Optimus Net. Newer phone. Slightlly overclocked. I think most the things are otherwise same.

In favor of going for Optimus Net as its newer however Optimus one is lesser price when we apply the coupon in letsbuy whereas Optimus Net is not available in lets buy.

That's my dilemma now.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i don't know much about Net but Optimus One have a terrific community support (good rom & kernel and tweaks avl). this comes into play if you are tired of all the official stuff.

ajayritik

Technomancer
i don't know much about Net but Optimus One have a terrific community support (good rom & kernel and tweaks avl). this comes into play if you are tired of all the official stuff.
I didn't get you about Community Support. Official stuff.

ssb1551

Technomancer
official stuff => vanilla android
community support => custom ROMs, mods, kernels & so on

Hope you get it!!

ajayritik

Technomancer
official stuff => vanilla android
community support => custom ROMs, mods, kernels & so on

Hope you get it!!

Still going over my head. Never mind. I think its more like overclocking etc.

ssb1551, bro what do you suggest which one should I go for?

Mr.rebel

Broken In
one local retailer offered a price of 10k for Lg optimus one with bluedio bluetooth headset?
is it a good deal?

also yebhi offers a rate of 9k after using the promo code PC1620948BAF.
I haven't done any online shopping before.

which one is better? or should I wait more for a less price than these two?

Mr.rebel

Broken In
Lg optimus one for Rs. 9k @ yebhi after using coupon code and a retail offer, 10k with bluedio bluetooth headset.

I haven't done any online shopping before.
which one should I choose?
or should I wait more for a lesser offer?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Still going over my head. Never mind. I think its more like overclocking etc.

ssb1551, bro what do you suggest which one should I go for?

I'm leaning towards O1. I just checked the specs in gsmarena - Net doesn't have a GPU, well at least thats what I got from the spec sheet. May be I'm missing something. But if not then O1 is better than Net even though Net has 200MHz faster CPU.

ajayritik

Technomancer
techfreak and sygeek are suggesting Optimus net whereas you and Sam are suggesting Optimus one.

So I need one more vote from someone to take a call.

sygeek

Technomancer
techfreak and sygeek are suggesting Optimus net whereas you and Sam are suggesting Optimus one.

So I need one more vote from someone to take a call.
You've got the opinions you needed. Never take them as the finaly buying decisions. Everyone has different preferences.

Try both of these phones at a retail store, if possible. If Optimus Net isn't available at the stores (and you'll be buying online), do the research yourself. Compare them, watch video reviews and decide the major factors you need in a phone and categorize the phones to why buy either of them over the other.

If you're still confused, post your conclusions here.

Edit: LOL. Ignore what I posted, not much difference between the phones to get mixed up with it. If it were me, I would go for Optimus Net just because of the processor. Tbh, you can buy any of the two phones, you won't regret it.

If you prefer build quality and design over a little speed compromise, Get Optimus One.

If you prefer more speed over a little compromise over build and design, Get Optimus Net.

If it's true that Optimus One can be overclocked to the extra 200Mhz, as some users are saying above, and you're fine with a little tweaking, definitely go for Optimus One.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I'm sure will not use the features like rooting custom roms etc so considering these points what do you suggest also how about HTC Explorer?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I'd also suggest optimus one. First of all better looking and build quality than optimus net. Secondly better developer support. And optimus net is overclocked optimus one, which we can do it ourselves. So no point in spending more bucks unnecessarily.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'd also suggest optimus one. First of all better looking and build quality than optimus net. Secondly better developer support. And optimus net is overclocked optimus one, which we can do it ourselves. So no point in spending more bucks unnecessarily.

Thanks bro.
With regards to the price I find Optimus one is more expensive infact than Optimus Net online atleast.

Optimus one is around 10.5k and Optimus net is Rs 9999.

The only thing is I found Optimus one a little bulkier and may not be as sleek.

My old phone is acting very weird so I need to buy a new one very soon. So need to make a decision very fast.

ajayritik

Technomancer
check it personally from any mobile store. just compare the demo units or if they have any functioning mobile on display.

Hi Sam good to see you after sometime on this thread. LG Optimus Net not available in stores here. LG Optimus one was available for display but stock was not available to purchase.
I found it to be a little on the heavier side.

In Letsbuy using coupon I'm gettiing LG Optimus Net for 9k and LG Optimus one for 8.5k.

Top Bottom