Zotac 650 Ti 2 Gb AMP! edition in Friends PC

a-raam

Journeyman
hi there :)
I am helping my friend build a new rig around 25k and we finalised almost all the parts.
He has almost decided to get this GPU.
My query is will this GPU be sufficent for playing around 50 fps at max settings @ 1366 x 768 in games like NFS,Dirt 3,GTA 5,Hitman,Battlefield 3,FIFA 13,Assasins Creed,Portal 2,etc. even if it doesnt manage min 50 fps at that res with max settings, will it deliver playable smooth lagfree gameplay??

also he plans to buy a 1080p monitor by next year end so will this GPU suffice for that time??
awaitng replies eagerly.. :D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Avoid it at all costs. The pricing is ridiculous for a gtx 650 (non-ti) and it performs terribly.

At that price, you can get a gtx 650-ti which is worth it.

Get this- ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 650 Ti 1GB DDR5

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ I second this.
Avoid flipkart for buying PC components. Those are way too much overpriced there.

OP
a-raam

a-raam

Journeyman
^^ I second this.
Avoid flipkart for buying PC components. Those are way too much overpriced there.

we arent actully buying from there.We are just selecting it for reference.and how is the GPU i mentioned ??? If i am not wrong the one vickybat mentioned and mine are the same...

Oops my bad..i guess i didnt read properly and put it the wrong link.
Anyway how will the gpu (ti amp! Version) perform???

OP
a-raam

a-raam

Journeyman
or buy from SMCInternational (google it). You may have to play 100 bucks more for shipping but usually end price is lesser than local price. call them up or mail them.

haven't heard of them.how trustworthy are they??

and since i live in mumbai,i thought of going to Lamington road.
but a friend of mine tells me that you may be fooled there .like they may sell you a duplicate/second hand product in the original's box.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
haven't heard of them.how trustworthy are they??

me and my 2 friends have bought PC components from SMC.

and since i live in mumbai,i thought of going to Lamington road.
but a friend of mine tells me that you may be fooled there .like they may sell you a duplicate/second hand product in the original's box.

if you don't know where to buy from, you can very easily be fooled. ITWares (E-Lounge) & PrimeABGB are 2 of the most trusted electronic stores in lamington road. they also have their own online portal so you can find the address there.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i noticed on SMC's site two things: Shipping @Actuals and Shipping Free.

now shipping@actuals: does it mean that the items which do not have shipping@actuals are prices without 4%VAT+shipping charges??

OP
a-raam

a-raam

Journeyman
i noticed on SMC's site two things: Shipping @Actuals and Shipping Free.

now shipping@actuals: does it mean that the items which do not have shipping@actuals are prices without 4%VAT+shipping charges??

i guess my questions are pretty much answered.
hd 7850 it is. but why are the 1 gb versions so rare??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
look at the first post - his friend will play at 1366*768 resolution for which 1GB vram is enough and when his friend will upgrade to a HD monitor later he might convince him to get another HD7850/HD7870 or something better to have the 1GB HD7850 at a sweet price ;-) :mrgreen:

Top Bottom