Xperia mini or Moto DEFY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ vgowtham - dude listen(in this case read) to what Naino, bond & many others have already tolja : gaming go for DEFY...Imagine playing on 3.7" with 480×854 resolution..Its frigging AWESOME!! Seriously 200MHz wont make much of a difference..Now imagine playing the same games on a 3" screen with a pathetic 320×480 resolution..Thats all!!!

sach1000rt

Journeyman
I too was thinking of going to the defy.But Xperia Mini has 1Ghz Processor.But Defy has 800Mhz processor.I thought that 800Mhz is not good for gaming.And i also heard that I can overclock Defy.Whether Defy is the right phone for me?

Mine has clocked to 1ghz by default in Miui rom and till now i haven't got any problem. I have read some people have clocked it to 1.2Ghz and its stable.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Defy's proccy can be overclocked past 1Ghz easily. so that problem is solved. also PowerVR SGX 530 outperforms Adreno 205 GPU (former found in Defy. latter found in Xperia Mini Pro).

lastly, 1200mah battery mayn't hold charge long enough to let you enjoy your game. defy has a much bigger battery.

vgowtham97

Journeyman
@ vgowtham - dude listen(in this case read) to what Naino, bond & many others have already tolja : gaming go for DEFY...Imagine playing on 3.7" with 480×854 resolution..Its frigging AWESOME!! Seriously 200MHz wont make much of a difference..Now imagine playing the same games on a 3" screen with a pathetic 320×480 resolution..Thats all!!!

Mine has clocked to 1ghz by default in Miui rom and till now i haven't got any problem. I have read some people have clocked it to 1.2Ghz and its stable.

Defy's proccy can be overclocked past 1Ghz easily. so that problem is solved. also PowerVR SGX 530 outperforms Adreno 205 GPU (former found in Defy. latter found in Xperia Mini Pro).

lastly, 1200mah battery mayn't hold charge long enough to let you enjoy your game. defy has a much bigger battery.

Thank you ssb1551,sach1000rt and Sam for your replies.I was expecting that kind of answer.

Last edited:

sach1000rt

Journeyman
defy has the same cpu and gpu which are found in galaxysl and optimus black.only chipset is different. so gaming will not be a problem.
mini pro also will handle games well.
question here will be will you enjoy games on 320x480 res screen or 854x480 res screen?
with that kind of spec it wiil be useless to have 320x480 res screen.

sujoyp

Grand Master
everything depends on the usage actually...like desibond posted initially

Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro vs. Motorola DEFY - GSMArena.com

1. Bigger display and display is better for reading etc (LCD) and the 0.7" extra real estate cannot be ignored.
2. more onboard storage
3. better call quality in noisy situations (thanks to active noise cancellation, but helps the person who is on the other side of the call)
4. better battery
5. terrific rom support
6. build quality

and this is where mini pro scores:

1. text input (hardkey qwerty rocks anyday)
2. camera quality
3. music quality
4. UI
5. CPU
6. video calling (no secondary cam on Defy)
7. bravia display is better for movies and makes the UI beautiful

Defy: for those who always try new ROMs, ebook reading, internet surfing
Xperia mini pro: text junkies, shutterbugs, multimedia lovers, G+ hangout addicts

u have to select between two

sach1000rt

Journeyman
u mean watching videos only right...yaah maybe coz of big hi-res screen

but dont forget SLCD+bravia engine on xperia mini & pro....
yeah watching videos. but in games also it will be better coz of big hi-res screen.
what is the use of SLCD+bravia engine if you dont have crystal clear screen.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yeah watching videos. but in games also it will be better coz of big hi-res screen.
what is the use of SLCD+bravia engine if you dont have crystal clear screen.

ur point is not about crystel clear screen but small screen right..

will u compare a super AMOLED 3 inch with defys 3.7 inch lcd screen...No isnt it...

I agree to what u said about small screen...it depends upon the usage:)..

sach1000rt

Journeyman
i meant crystal clear to more pixels more clarity. im saying again, i have seen 3'' 320x480 x8(it may be 1.5 year old but display size and resolution are same to mini) and i can see pixels on texts and icons.
But it depends on user whether he is ok with low res or high res .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i meant crystal clear to more pixels more clarity. im saying again, i have seen 3'' 320x480 x8(it may be 1.5 year old but display size and resolution are same to mini) and i can see pixels on texts and icons.
But it depends on user whether he is ok with low res or high res .

that I think is due to the OS. that device came with 1.6 version of android for which the display was limited to 65k colors. The same kind of inferior quality was visible on X10 too.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: xperia mini pro... sweeet..!!!

read this thread. you'll get a good idea about what to expect & what are its likely competitors.

if you want a QWERTY with powerful Android based mobile, this one is well priced. and further pricecut is expected as it is just launched.

pravi2193

Broken In
Re: xperia mini pro... sweeet..!!!

read this thread. you'll get a good idea about what to expect & what are its likely competitors.

if you want a QWERTY with powerful Android based mobile, this one is well priced. and further pricecut is expected as it is just launched.

read it in d mornin itself bro.. i love se..!! n moto's service s not good.. any report of bugs in d mini pro..???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom