Xperia mini or Moto DEFY

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
and 320x480 resolution(with that hardware).
Put it in other way
xperia mini for girls(small, design, all tends to girly look)
defy for men(rugged,hunky look)
Dont get me wrong though.

not exactly. the older x10 mini is for girls. the 3.0" on this one is just a bit less than what we see in most sub 15k galaxy devices but it outclasses those galaxies in every other aspect. I think O1 and Defy are the only sub15k droids that match X10 mini pro in overall performance/features.

sach1000rt

Journeyman
not exactly. the older x10 mini is for girls. the 3.0" on this one is just a bit less than what we see in most sub 15k galaxy devices but it outclasses those galaxies in every other aspect. I think O1 and Defy are the only sub15k droids that match X10 mini pro in overall performance/features.
did you mean x10 mini pro or mini pro.
i was talking about look and design - x10 mini pro height - 90mm and
mini pro height - 92mm
so dimensions are almost same for new and old one. so this small device looks girly. yes i dont question its other specs which you will get in 20k-25k range mobiles. But what is the use of that spec if display is low it dimnishes user experience.
I will put it this way again
mini pro - regular smartphone use like, for girls.
defy - as name suggests defy, adventurous for men.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think u people r neglecting the fact that it have 1ghz procc and adreno 205 graphics...its size is 3" and not 2.6 like old ones...
Its preloaded with gingerbread
have somewhat better sound and cam then Defy
even u have a keypad to type...u dont need a cramped up qwerty pad on screen

other advantages r just gimmik...ok y do u purchase a galaxy S which is not rugged, waterproof etc...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
did you mean x10 mini pro or mini pro.
i was talking about look and design - x10 mini pro height - 90mm and
mini pro height - 92mm
so dimensions are almost same for new and old one. so this small device looks girly. yes i dont question its other specs which you will get in 20k-25k range mobiles. But what is the use of that spec if display is low it dimnishes user experience.
I will put it this way again
mini pro - regular smartphone use like, for girls.
defy - as name suggests defy, adventurous for men.

SGS: 122.4
SGSII (with 0.3" larger display): 125.3

does this mean that SGSII is less meant for guys coz it has 0.3" bigger display but is not much longer compared to SGS?

and btw, I would anyday take a 3" display with vibrant colors and standard resolution over a 3.2" display with pathetic color reproduction and resolution that makes text look washed out.

sach1000rt

Journeyman
SGS: 122.4
SGSII (with 0.3" larger display): 125.3

does this mean that SGSII is less meant for guys coz it has 0.3" bigger display but is not much longer compared to SGS?

and btw, I would anyday take a 3" display with vibrant colors and standard resolution over a 3.2" display with pathetic color reproduction and resolution that makes text look washed out.

you are not getting my point.I am not talking about the size here. dont drag it to somewhere else. mini's are small phones which look comfortable in girls hands. they are kind of girly.
dont drag this to other phones and sizes etc.think it in general (mobile phone's universal way), not comparing small phone to big phone.

which phone u r refering to that 3.2" display with pathetic color reproduction?

I think u people r neglecting the fact that it have 1ghz procc and adreno 205 graphics...its size is 3" and not 2.6 like old ones...
Its preloaded with gingerbread
have somewhat better sound and cam then Defy
even u have a keypad to type...u dont need a cramped up qwerty pad on screen

other advantages r just gimmik...ok y do u purchase a galaxy S which is not rugged, waterproof etc...

nobody is neglecting it. in fact they are great specs as i said in my previous post . but what is the use of 1ghz and adreno 205 on 320x480 res screen?
I have seen x8 screen which has 3'' 320x480 res. and i must say pixels were visible on text, icons etc.

I am not telling anybody to buy this or that.
im just raising few points here to the buyer who may get dissappoint after buying certain phone without researching.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
but xperia mini & pro even have bravia engine...which really enhances the screen at the time of viewing pics, games, videos etc...same as arc
Screen will be definitely good...X8 was 1.5 years old model now...leave it.

Where is dreamcatcher:) ..SOS:grin:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
you are not getting my point.I am not talking about the size here. dont drag it to somewhere else. mini's are small phones which look comfortable in girls hands. they are kind of girly.
dont drag this to other phones and sizes etc.think it in general (mobile phone's universal way), not comparing small phone to big phone.

Then talk about the screen size, not the height.

mini pro: 3.0", 16M color, 320x480 px, LED-backlit LCD
W:S: 3.2", 256k color, 320x480px, TFT LCD
Ace: 3.5", 16M color, 320x480px, TFT LCD

While defy is in a league of it's own when it comes to display, among these three, mini pro's display provides lot more detail thanks to the resolution, superior bravia engine, LED-backlit LCD and proper resolution. All of this makes the loss of 0.2"/0.5" negligible. You are coming to a conclusion based on length alone and I am coming to a conclusion based on screen size and quality.

OP
A

adrianstone83

Right off the assembly line
Exactly!:smile:
But though the screen quality is awesome, WILL the screen size of 3-inches be too small for comfort during moderate gaming and web browsing?:)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
But though the screen quality is awesome, WILL the screen size of 3-inches be too small for comfort during moderate gaming and web browsing?:)

For me 3 inches are good enough for Gaming, but not for Browsing...

Between Xperia Mini and Moto Defy, I will choose Defy OR may consider Xperia Mini Pro for superior specs + QWERTY keypad :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

that's where the qwerty comes in. Gaming, again, thanks to better display and GPU/CPU, it will be better on this one. web browsing will take a hit. Like I said before, for reading etc, it is better to go for Defy.

vgowtham97

Journeyman
I need a phone for gaming and using apps.And i will use the phone for browsing rarely.But I will try different custom ROMs on the device.Which is better for me of these two phones or I have to go for HTC Desire?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I need a phone for gaming and using apps.And i will use the phone for browsing rarely.But I will try different custom ROMs on the device.Which is better for me of these two phones or I have to go for HTC Desire?

I think you should go for Defy :)

loads of custom roms

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
vgowtham97
Xperia Mini/Mini Pro is recently launced device, it will take some time and luck for it to be gifted with Custom ROMs.
Go for Moto Defy instead, having very good XDA support.
Won't recommend HTC Desire for being old and having poor battery backup.

vgowtham97

Journeyman
I too was thinking of going to the defy.But Xperia Mini has 1Ghz Processor.But Defy has 800Mhz processor.I thought that 800Mhz is not good for gaming.And i also heard that I can overclock Defy.Whether Defy is the right phone for me?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I too was thinking of going to the defy.But Xperia Mini has 1Ghz Processor.But Defy has 800Mhz processor.I thought that 800Mhz is not good for gaming.And i also heard that I can overclock Defy.Whether Defy is the right phone for me?

Bro its simple...if have read this thread u would already know that cam, music, bravia screen and qwerty keyboard r better in xperia mini pro...if u want them get xperia mini pro

if u want big screen and ROM support get Defy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom