Xperia L Damaged in rain | Speakers not working properly

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I was enjoying riding my Access in this rain when the mortal enemy of mobile phones entered my Xperia L. The touch, display and storage is fine but the speakers are not working properly. They have lost their volume and are not playing some sounds of music tracks at all.

Upon advice from many people over the internet, I have placed it in an airtight container with rice. Any further advice on what to do now and if I could get it repaired would be appreciated.

PS: OT: Not sure whether to be sad or happy. I was enjoying the rain. But the phone isn't working. It's sad and happy at the same time. :S

HBK007

Journeyman
Just remove the battery first and the rice bowl will be fine. You could even put it in front of a dry fan for some days.
Check this video out:- *www.youtube.com/watch?v=tASvbnODtq4
[YOUTUBE]tASvbnODtq4[/YOUTUBE]

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I am unable to watch the video right now due to some error. I would watch it later. Thanks.

I have already placed it in an airtight container with rice. I hope it will get fine.

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Remove battery, sd card (if any), sim and back cover ( :p ) and keep it in "dry/uncooked" rice for like 3 days.

Uncooked?? I placed them in cooked rice with rajma!! D: /s

I was unable to remove the SD card, so I placed it in uncooked rice without removing it, but removed SIM and battery.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You : Mom, whats for dinner ?
Mom : Rice, rajma and Xperia :D

If you do take it to service center, dont tell them it got wet in rain..

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^:lol:

@OP: dont worry, if you can dry out the water fully, there are chances that it will resume its normal working...

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
How long to keep it in rice?
And what to say to service reps when they say water has entered into the phone? Would they not know it's water infected?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Keep it for a couple of days... It will in all probability resume it's normal functioning after that... You can also try purchasing some silica gel which is a much better desiccant than rice!!! :)

itsakjt

Broken In
You can also try to take it apart if you are comfortable and manually clean the entire PCB(Printed Circuit Board). If you are not comfortable, take it to a local trusted mobile repair shop and tell him/her to take it apart and wash the PCB using IsoPropyl alcohol and clean it. All the best. :)

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I took it out of rice after about 50 hours, and the speaker quality and volume have improved. But after about a minute of music I felt that the volume is falling again and quality getting back to worse so I have placed it back in the air tight container of rice. Am I doing it right?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I took it out of rice after about 50 hours, and the speaker quality and volume have improved. But after about a minute of music I felt that the volume is falling again and quality getting back to worse so I have placed it back in the air tight container of rice. Am I doing it right?
Yeah...
Keep it for the whole week at least...
Buy the silica gel... It is a hell lot more effective...

Top Bottom