Xperia L Damaged in rain | Speakers not working properly

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Really!!! You don't have better things to do like save your mobile??? :p

What can I do? It's in the rice bowl, demoisturizing itself(Wouldn't skin creams help in this? :p ). All I can do is to morally motivate it.

"Yes Xperia, you can overcome this attack!".

sksundram

In the zone
I am late in posting but still... What To Do When You Drop Your Phone Into Water? - A Mine of Information - Quora

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^^ Most of that has already been suggested on this thread by us...
Btw, [MENTION=112980]Nipun[/MENTION], about the silica gel???

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I needed to use phone today, so I took it out of the rice container today in the evening and it's working perfectly fine. The speakers I think still lack something, but I think that might me there since the purchase. It's working well now.

Thank you everyone for your help. :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I needed to use phone today, so I took it out of the rice container today in the evening and it's working perfectly fine. The speakers I think still lack something, but I think that might me there since the purchase. It's working well now.

Cheers... The speakers should return to their normal state in a week or two once the last bits of moisture dries up... Do procure the silica gel if you can... Keep the phone in a box with the silica gel while charging/overnight for complete peace of mind... :)

promo87

Broken In
I was enjoying riding my Access in this rain when the mortal enemy of mobile phones entered my Xperia L. The touch, display and storage is fine but the speakers are not working properly. They have lost their volume and are not playing some sounds of music tracks at all.

Upon advice from many people over the internet, I have placed it in an airtight container with rice. Any further advice on what to do now and if I could get it repaired would be appreciated.

PS: OT: Not sure whether to be sad or happy. I was enjoying the rain. But the phone isn't working. It's sad and happy at the same time. :S

Well, you have and your device have enjoyed the rain and now your device has exposed to the cold tell you what the chances of getting your device working back to normal is very you can say chances are only 20%. As you said you have removed the battery and put your device inside airtight box with rice inside for the soaking, I am sure that is the best one can do you are doing perfectly fine, this is advised when your device gets wet if you are lucky enough your device may came back alive, keep it inside the rice for i guess a day or two for better results i.e make sure that every single drop of water gets evaporated before you put the battery back in place as in this way you will be getting good chances , do one more thing after you complete the rice soaking process put it inside a bag of silica get for a day ! I am sure if you have recently purchased an electronics items you can get a bag of silica gel inside it otherwise you can walk to the nearest electronics shop and ask for the silica gel I am sure they will give you ! Why I am telling this is just because silica gel can soak water more fast and efficiently rather than the rice. Try doing it then put the battery back in place to see if your device starts working back fine.

itsakjt

Broken In

HeeHaw! :) Enjoy. :D

Top Bottom