XFX drops Nvidia exclusivity, becomes an AMD partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

4T7

Journeyman
There’s been a lot of talk of Nvidia partner defections and reshuffles in recent months, following the low market performance of their graphics cards compared to a reinvigorated Radeon lineup. Earlier this year it was Gainward, and now another Nvidia exclusive video card partner has announced it is joining the red camp to bring XFX branded ATI video cards to market.

According to reports, XFX expects to offer ATI HD 4000 series products in early 2009. The company will nonetheless continue to sell its GeForce-based products, but obviously Nvidia won't be thrilled by the recent turn of events, which leaves EVGA as the only strong Nvidia exclusive add-in board partner.

Source

ajooba215

Journeyman
No way..m utterly dissapointed after reading all this..i've been nvidia fan..and m concerned about their future..

Big deal. They launch RV700 cards in 2009, when RV800 hits the shelves ? Great.

And I hope most people remember XFX's excellent pricing. Their XXX Alpha Dog is more of a B!tch. Priced 2K above competitors, with a few MHz less clockspeed and RAM speed. Great. Just great.

OP
4T7

4T7

Journeyman
Big deal. They launch RV700 cards in 2009, when RV800 hits the shelves ? Great.

And I hope most people remember XFX's excellent pricing. Their XXX Alpha Dog is more of a B!tch. Priced 2K above competitors, with a few MHz less clockspeed and RAM speed. Great. Just great.
RV800is supposed to launch in 2H 2009 and these cards in 1H 2009

ajaybc

Youngling
XFX 8600GT is that "boiling card" one naa??? wat are temperatures while gaming??

Yup. Some 124 degrees. :shock:

Idle Temperature is 61 degrees and 90 degrees when COD5ing at highest settings.I have overclocked the card to the max using bios modding(Core clock:700 Memory Clock:850 default Core Clock:540 and Memory Clock I dont remember ).I have seen the temperatures reach upto 110 Degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom