Worst decision from Sony...!! No JB updates for XU, Sola, Miro, Tipo..

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Why dont we have any Kraits based handset available here :(

May be shortage of supplies.. Or Partiality.. Manufacturers know that Indians are interested only in budget devices.. They can't afford high end devices so why to give premium service to them.. :( though I may be wrong..

Dr. House

No Regrets
Sony should not do this. First they are struggling with their phones in the market and now not letting people for jelly bean upgrade. Disgusting.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
May be shortage of supplies.. Or Partiality.. Manufacturers know that Indians are interested only in budget devices.. They can't afford high end devices so why to give premium service to them.. :( though I may be wrong..

Also, here a phone running a processor with 1.7Ghz dual core performs better than Kraits @ 1.5Ghz
And Sony, I am also disappointed that Arc is not going to be updated to JB

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Most of the reasons that manufactures give about not providing updates to devices are just plain lies. Face it - sony makes money by selling new handsets and that is exactly what providing updates to earlier phones hinders. Its a form of programmed obsolence IMO.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Why dont we have any Kraits based handset available here :(

nobody cares. anyone with a 30k+ budget will go for quadcore mobiles. for most dual core means same with clockspeed being only difference. and some have even started comparing Cortex A5 based processor to Krait as both have similar naming (Qualcomm S4). So if nobody cares, why bring in Krait to Asian countries.

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
one thing i noticed with Sony phones is, you can not tell android version unless you go to sys menu and check for android version! Its heavily skinned android version where all phones looks exactly same just like nokia phones used too look 4-5 years back with Symbian! So my point is Be it ICS or JB Sony phones will look exactly same so any average user wont notice the difference (i have seen that with Neo L updated from GB to ICS). Well this is my personal opinion, for me i need bare basic android. Hoping someday google would launch its Nexus series in India :)

Dr. House

No Regrets
one thing i noticed with Sony phones is, you can not tell android version unless you go to sys menu and check for android version! Its heavily skinned android version where all phones looks exactly same just like nokia phones used too look 4-5 years back with Symbian! So my point is Be it ICS or JB Sony phones will look exactly same so any average user wont notice the difference (i have seen that with Neo L updated from GB to ICS). Well this is my personal opinion, for me i need bare basic android. Hoping someday google would launch its Nexus series in India :)

what are you saying brother? Android update is not only GUI difference. It also brings major performance changes and many other cool features like google now in jelly bean. Here Nexus series won't come because of piracy and people with no interest in purchasing ebook, magaizine, tv shows etc. Google is selling Nexus 4 phone for cheap price because they expect users to purchase stuffs from play stores.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
what he meant is, you can easily fool others saying your sony device is a jellybean device but actually it would be 2.3..
I +1 him.. timescape is just too common in all sony devices

Dr. House

No Regrets
what he meant is, you can easily fool others saying your sony device is a jellybean device but actually it would be 2.3..
I +1 him.. timescape is just too common in all sony devices

Only fools can be fooled by this. The exclusive features of jelly bean are google now, expandable notifications and project butter that these phones can not get officially. There were many visible changes comes out in ICS from GB in stock android. That's why I don't like these phones.

reddick

Mobile Freak
I've purchased Xperia U two months ago and was planning to upgrade it to ICS
But after going through this topic and learning that Xperia U would trouble after upgrading, I think I'm fine with GingerBread :)

z3rO

Journeyman
@reddick - Before updating my Xperia U to ICS (via Sony PC Companion) I did a factory reset. And when the update finished and the U booted up, I did another factory reset and ICS is running smoother than GB on it.

Last edited:

reddick

Mobile Freak
Well smothness depends on usage i.e installed apps n games, no. of music, videos etc.
Secondly I've heared tht one should upgrade OS frm Servive Centre rather than yourself via PC.
As doing upgradation ourself may reveal some problems and Service Centre guys were much professionals in this process.
Plz correct me if I'm wrong :cool:

duke123

In the zone
Well smothness depends on usage i.e installed apps n games, no. of music, videos etc.
Secondly I've heared tht one should upgrade OS frm Servive Centre rather than yourself via PC.
As doing upgradation ourself may reveal some problems and Service Centre guys were much professionals in this process.
Plz correct me if I'm wrong :cool:

i dont know anything about android..still i was able to root,upgrade,install custom rom within two days after purchase and its no big deal..
Its better to upgrade to ICS..There was huge lag with official ICS but after installing custom rom its much smoother...

Top Bottom