Worst decision from Sony...!! No JB updates for XU, Sola, Miro, Tipo..

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think its ok...the phones which r not getting JB are old ones anyways....or u can say the 1st lot phones

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
From GSM
In case you are wondering how is that the low-end Xperia J is getting the Jelly Bean update, while the dual-core U and sola aren't - despite Sony didn't make any statement, we guess the GPU is the one to blame.

All three phones have 512MB of RAM, but the Adreno 200 GPU on the Xperia J uses far less RAM than the Mali-400 inside the Xperia U and sola. We also know that Project Butter needs more GPU power than what the ICS UI. And the insufficient RAM due to GPU usage is probably the reason why these phones won't be getting to taste Jelly Bean.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I've a question, other than the mentioned Xperia lineup, is there any Xperia phone which has been updated to Jelly Bean already?
Kindly answer, I've a reason to ask this. TIA.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Xperia U, Sola had this coming because of their RAM and resolution combo. 512MB ram which is shared with Mali 400, just won't cut the frame buffer need of Project Butter. About Xperia Tipo, Miro... It's just Sony's marketing techniques.

I myself ordered Xperia U, yesterday despite reading the Sony's announcement. I just need a stable ICS. JB is not that far from ICS and there is always this route of Custom ROMs. Galaxy S Advance which has single core Mali 400 like Xperia U is getting JB. I guess developers will take advantage of those libs and will give a decent enough JB.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Its not the resolution. Xperia U's resolution FWGA resolution. GPU needs more RAM for the buffer to render frames at that resolution because of the Project Butter effect. U will be running out of because of it's low buffer memory.

But that doesn't mean that it is impossible. My old X10 mini pro runs JB custom rom acceptably. But the experience will not be fluid, IMO.

desai_amogh

In the zone
I bought Xperia U a month ago. and upgraded it to ICS... I find it too slow. There are times when the call manager or messages take almost 7-8 seconds to load. Dont have much new apps installed besides the default ones like FB, maps and other google service apps. I even tried the the task killers. Once the phone is restarted it starts slowing down after few hours. after a day of usage it gets so slow that have no choice but to restart it.

this might not be the right place to post this, but i see too many U users around here..any suggestions ??

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
I bought Xperia U a month ago. and upgraded it to ICS... I find it too slow. There are times when the call manager or messages take almost 7-8 seconds to load. Dont have much new apps installed besides the default ones like FB, maps and other google service apps. I even tried the the task killers. Once the phone is restarted it starts slowing down after few hours. after a day of usage it gets so slow that have no choice but to restart it.

this might not be the right place to post this, but i see too many U users around here..any suggestions ??

gingerbread on xperia u is smoother than ics..heard it from many users..switch on gb temporary and wait for stable CM release..else try launchers which consume less ram memory like Nova...keep less home screens..not more than 2..don't keep widgets on them..when u switch on that screen on which widget of 3rd party is put, respective process starts to run in background consuming memory..uninstall bloatwares or pre-installed gapps which u not using..hope it works..:)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I updated my Xperia U to ICS today. It was jittery soon after the update. But after a factory reset, ICS is running far better than GB on this device. I think most of the users are ignoring the necessity of a factory reset.

desai_amogh

In the zone
gingerbread on xperia u is smoother than ics..heard it from many users..switch on gb temporary and wait for stable CM release..else try launchers which consume less ram memory like Nova...keep less home screens..not more than 2..don't keep widgets on them..when u switch on that screen on which widget of 3rd party is put, respective process starts to run in background consuming memory..uninstall bloatwares or pre-installed gapps which u not using..hope it works..:)

ok. Il try the nova launcher. but how do I remove the built in xperia launcher?? cant remove the pre-installed G+, EA Games, G search, G recommendations, timescape, g talk, g+ messenger, facebook, chrome, etc apps.

also, facebook, maps, officesuite, whatsapp, email, etc keep running in the background all the time. stopping them doesn't help, they restart in seconds.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
ok. Il try the nova launcher. but how do I remove the built in xperia launcher?? cant remove the pre-installed G+, EA Games, G search, G recommendations, timescape, g talk, g+ messenger, facebook, chrome, etc apps.

also, facebook, maps, officesuite, whatsapp, email, etc keep running in the background all the time. stopping them doesn't help, they restart in seconds.

I have Samsung Galaxy S III when I updated The phone to the latest JB it some what slower than ICS so I was going to factory reset it then I don't know simply refrain from factory reset instead of that I simply Boot the phone in Recovery mode and cleared the cache now the phone has been faster and smoother than ICS to make the phone faster just factory reset + Wiping cache now your all done.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Little offtopic, is Xperia T going to be released in India?
Last time I checked, which was just before a month ago, NO, it was NOT planned to be released officially in India. Now maybe Sony changed their mind, but I am unfortunately not updated with that news.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Last time I checked, which was just before a month ago, NO, it was NOT planned to be released officially in India. Now maybe Sony changed their mind, but I am unfortunately not updated with that news.

Why dont we have any Kraits based handset available here :(

Top Bottom