Worst decision from Sony...!! No JB updates for XU, Sola, Miro, Tipo..

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz

Well this reminds me when I updated my Uncles S2 to ICS it was a pure HORRIBLE experience must say. It got bootlooped soon after the update I was kinda ripped off then he took it to the official Samsung Service Centre and those professional guys saved the phone lol

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Neo L AFAIK comes with ICS. I haven't seen a single Neo L with GB out of the box. I guess Sony is still thinking what to do with this phone; as none of the blog posts address it. Given the Xperia J is getting a firmware upgrade; I'd rather say Sony has committed an error and has too many builds on it's hands by not using common hardware. That's why they are trying to "phase out" as many as possible quickly.

It's still up in the air whether Neo L gets 4.1. I'd say no, but Sony has delivered at least 1 version upgrade for all users so....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well this reminds me when I updated my Uncles S2 to ICS it was a pure HORRIBLE experience must say. It got bootlooped soon after the update I was kinda ripped off then he took it to the official Samsung Service Centre and those professional guys saved the phone lol

when flashing custom rom, you are always asked to clear cache and dalvik cache or if possible do a complete wipe. this is same for official rom. old files can get left over in case of official update and cause bootloop or even freeze the mobile. just do a factory reset before and after flashing the mobile and you are good to go. sadly nobody follows this step and shout that ICS update is a fail.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Okay Guys I tried to upgrade my Xperia U to ICS but I'd face some problems.
As I connect phone to Laptop via Sony Companion, it shows that new software available. And when I click on Update, it shows blank screen with only possible icon of 'Back'.
The fact is that I'm unable to upgrade my phone to ICS :(
Plz help...Thanks

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Okay Guys I tried to upgrade my Xperia U to ICS but I'd face some problems.
As I connect phone to Laptop via Sony Companion, it shows that new software available. And when I click on Update, it shows blank screen with only possible icon of 'Back'.
The fact is that I'm unable to upgrade my phone to ICS :(
Plz help...Thanks

Try with SEUS / SUS [It is the old Sony Ericsson Update Service, should be SUS now]

nobody cares. anyone with a 30k+ budget will go for quadcore mobiles. for most dual core means same with clockspeed being only difference. and some have even started comparing Cortex A5 based processor to Krait as both have similar naming (Qualcomm S4). So if nobody cares, why bring in Krait to Asian countries.

Sam, I was thinking how Samsung and others are going to promote newer quad core mobiles with A15 chips to the market.
To the masses it is still a quad core, same as in S3 and one x and the lot.
Galaxy will be a hit as usual, because it is from the "Galaxy S x" series, others will have a tough time promoting new gen quad based mobiles - atleast in the Asian countries.

Why am I asking? I am not sure to wait for A15 based new gen mobiles or to get a Note 2. Reports saying A15 based chips offers ~60% performance improvement over the A9s [with same clock and cores]. But will they be released here - if yes, are they worth waiting 6 months?

Top Bottom