Worms found in fried chicken at KFC!

Renny

Padawan
Kerala: Worms found in fried chicken at KFC outlet in Thiruvananthapuram - IBN South News - IBNLive

*static.ibnlive.in.com/ibnlive/pix/sitepix/10_2012/kfc_worm2_kerala.jpg

Thiruvananthapuram: Fast food chain Kentucky's Fried Chicken (KFC) has come under scrutiny in Kerala after a family reportedly found worms in their fried chicken. The incident was reported from an outlet in Thiruvananthapuram.
On a complaint, the Food Safety Authority conducted an inspection and found that the outlet didn't maintain adequate sanitation guidelines. Some seized chicken was allegedly as much as five months old. The outlet has been temporarily shut and other KFC outlets are being inspected.
"We came here after we received a complaint. We were told that worms were found in the chicken by the customer who informed us. When we inspected the place, we found worms in the fried chicken. This outlet has temporarily been shut down," Thiruvananthapuram district officer, Food Safety Authority, Sivakumar said.

Though the restaurant staff sought to prevent the officials from conducting searches, they had their way. They took samples of various dishes served in the hotel for detailed examination and analysis. The complaint was made by Shaiju, an NRI, who had come to the busy eatery along with his wife, son and two relatives. Shaiju was overcome by nausea and vomited as soon as he saw the dead worm in the chicken served to him.
When he brought the matter to the staff's notice, they tried to dissuade him from making an outcry or complaint to the health authorities. However, he later contacted the FSA office and urged them to take action.
(With additional information from PTI)

Flash

Lost in speed
Atlast, the truth came out with the worm!
Maybe, they should hunt for trojans in mutton! :lol:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
We get all kinds of insects with food,here,these days.
Recently,My dad's friend found a millipede in his curry from his Office canteen.yes a millipede !! not even a cockroach or a lizard..a freaking millipede !
Now ive seen some these creatures,not more than 5-6 times in my 25 years,and that makes millipede a very uncommon and rare insect? for me.I guess the guy was damn lucky.

Flash

Lost in speed
Recently,My dad's friend found a millipede in his curry from his Office canteen.yes a millipede !! not even a cockroach or a lizard..a freaking millipede !
Now ive seen some these creatures,not more than 5-6 times in my 25 years,and that makes millipede a very uncommon and rare insect? for me.I guess the guy was damn lucky.

Not even? :shock:

Anish

Spectre

Now, I can imagine how he feels when he sees a millipede or a plate of food in the same canteen :D

btw, once it was dairy milk that invited worms and now kfc rushes into the list :nanananana:

Flash

Lost in speed
There are so many restaurants cooking Wormed meat (with/without removing them).
It came to light with the KFC. Lets hope for more.

Kentucky Wormed Chicken!

Top Bottom