working of 8 Mbps broadband ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush.ml20

The assaulter
the max speed possible for ADSL on regular telephone line is 6.1 Mbps.
then how various ISP's are providing speed of 8 mbps or above on that regular telephone line ???
hlp ??

OP
piyush.ml20

piyush.ml20

The assaulter
INFRA DUDE.
ADSL = 8MBPS
ADSL2=12MBPS
ADSL2+=24MBPS
WHAT I WANT 2 KNOW IS WHAT IS THE MAX SPEED WE CAN GET FROM OUR REGULAR TELEPHONE LINE ??
LIKE SUJOYP MENTIONED 8 MBPS IS PROVIDED THRU LAN CABLE BY HATHWAY NOT REGULAR TELEPHONE LINE.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
INFRA DUDE.
ADSL = 8MBPS
ADSL2=12MBPS
ADSL2+=24MBPS
WHAT I WANT 2 KNOW IS WHAT IS THE MAX SPEED WE CAN GET FROM OUR REGULAR TELEPHONE LINE ??
LIKE SUJOYP MENTIONED 8 MBPS IS PROVIDED THRU LAN CABLE BY HATHWAY NOT REGULAR TELEPHONE LINE.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
INFRA DUDE.
ADSL = 8MBPS
ADSL2=12MBPS
ADSL2+=24MBPS
Sorry the 12 was a typo. It was supposed to be for adsl2+.

Cisco's site says that adsl can deliver 8mbps over g.mdt on regular copper telephone lines *www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk272/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

jal_desai

In the zone
^ yes. adding to what infra said, they display speeds in Bits and not Bytes which numerically makes a bigger number.

OP
piyush.ml20

piyush.ml20

The assaulter
i got my ans.
speed over 6.1 mbps is provided thru either using multiple pair of copper wire or using lan cable as sujoyp mentioned.

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
have'nt u gave ur answer urself (post no 4) they are prividing adsl2+ so their speed limit is 24 mbps & not 8 Mbps . All modems provided by Isp clearly says ADSL2+ on it .

Padikkal

Broken In
Practically not possible to give 6mbps at a distance of >5 km.

The 6 mbps and higher speed will be provided through fiber only. BSNL has laid fibers in all cities to provide Fiber to Home. It may start in near future.

paroh

Padawan
If we consider it practically ADSL2+ is right now it is not possible in india on current phone line condition (MTNL and BSNL).

They says they provide ADSL2+ technology but as ADSL2+ supports higher bandwidth if even they increase the bandwidth we will encounter frequent disconnection as the phone line condition is not good.

Now a days i see that they are new even able to provide 256kbps connection as per trai rule.

As they are only increasing the services and degrading the quality.
They even started the 3G but all of u know that it is very costly.
And now even they increase the price of iptv

And more disappointment for Online game player as there is very high ping rate
i just check the ping rate at *just-ping.com www.yahoo.com) and india is the last of all.

vaithy

In the zone
It is possible ADSL2+ can be provided for 24mbps speed,but only few can get this speed, and other users discriminated for various reasons, bad cable pair ,distance of the exchange, etc..I am at home plan 500 of BSNL dataone.. my usual speed is 218kB/ps.. but a month ago I noticed at 7.30a.m (during the free hours the speed got increased monstrously..I took screen-shot of it.. You wouldn't believe wht lI got sudden boost..

see the pictures here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/img233.imageshack.us/img233/1249/snapshot8.png*img233.imageshack.us/img233/1249/snapshot8.png

I stop the connection at 07.59 a.m.. but I never got the same speed afterwards...the cable is very old and several patches made by the line man, and my request for new cable is pending with the exchange for year..:?

Last edited:

Termin@L

Broken In
max speed a telephone line (RJ11) can handle is 10mbps and for the lan wire (CAT 6) is 1 gbps ((IDEAL)).
If u connect a lan wire to an adsl2+ router u will surely get a speed of abt 24 mbps.
but no isp in india does tht (except for some glitches)
so speed of 8mbps for a telephole line is possible.

hi i am from delhi previously my download speed is 320Kbps approx. but now mtnl only gives me the speed of 30Kbps approx. and my plan is 256 combo unlimited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom