Windows Vista RC1 : A user review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

gxsaurav

U don't need antivirus for Windows Vista

None of the Windows XP Virii work in Windows Vista

There is a version of Avast antivirus, & Trean Micro Antivirus for Vista, but they are next to useless....cos there are no virus for Vista as of yet...& with just some common sence, u can prevent your computer from virii

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
gary4gar said:
@qwerty OMGWTFLMAO means??
I thought everyone knew what it means :evil:
OMG - Oh My God
WTF - What The F***
LMAO - Laughing MY A** Off
You will understand one day when you grow up :p

koolkapoor

Broken In
hey saurav,nice review man,hey,can you tell me if i can keep windows-xp on my first drive(300gb maxtor SATA),and install this on my second drive(120gb samsungATA) and flip between the two OS'es upon booting,also,do windows-xp compatible drivers work in windows vista?

OP
G

gxsaurav

koolkapoor

yes u can , even I m dual booting on my 120 GB HD, just make a partition of some size which u can remember, then while installing , select that partition

I just checked the IR function in Vista RC1, it's 100% same as XP, same layout same icons, & same function, looks like they have understood, don't fix which isn’t broken

Last edited by a moderator:

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
i just downloaded this huge file from some torrent named 'vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-LR1CFRE_EN_DVD'
and win-rar is what it opens with when i click it,and is inside there is just one measly readme file!'am i missing something here?
this is whats written in the readme:
'This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.'

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
jz2linkinpark said:
i just downloaded this huge file from some torrent named 'vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-LR1CFRE_EN_DVD'
and win-rar is what it opens with when i click it,and is inside there is just one measly readme file!'am i missing something here?
this is whats written in the readme:
'This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.'

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Its not a Win-RAR file.. its an ISO.. Dont open it with WinRAR, just open it in ner and burn it to a DVD.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
tech_your_future said:
I thought everyone knew what it means :evil:
OMG - Oh My God
WTF - What The F***
LMAO - Laughing MY A** Off
You will understand one day when you grow up :p
offtopic:well i stronly know what it means:p
but i don't chat that much so don't know short forms, any place where all this f*** will be explained:D

@gxsaurav
very good review indeed

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.. you got me interested in vista (again! after installing/uninstalling beta2 for like 4-5 times!).. I've got them (both 32 bit and 64 bit) downloaded since a week now.. Just not getting the time.. Lets see most probably ill burn it today..
Hmm.. Just installed 32bit RC1.. And i must say im really impressed! Its a keeper this time! All my previous problems with vista are solved (to a large extent). I think all people who use XP for general purposes can shift to RC1 now!

Last edited:
OP
G

gxsaurav

indyan

I have not, will try in the night, cos quicktime 7.13 is also out

OP
G

gxsaurav

Just tried, Pally, Crsytal Player comes with a spyware WhenUsave:mad: . It crashes as soon as i play a file. Good thing vista firewall detected it & blocked it

Quicktime 7.1.3 which came yesterday works fine here, although still it crashes when i open another file, when there is a file playing, but it will be fixed

U don't need to worry about you apps not working, if the project is no dead....it will be updated to work on Vista

Gonna try itunes 7 in the night, it's a big download, with a few features copied from WMP11

& seriously yaar, it's Saurav, not Gaurav

Quicktime player now works fine, video playback problem is now solved, & it playes fine

*img160.imageshack.us/img160/7136/ituneslb1.th.jpg

Also, my phone works, vista is a good as a primary OS now. This is using myphoneexplorer 1.45, a great must have App for k750i users

*img160.imageshack.us/img160/6408/myphoneexplorerih9.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Incidentally, for those that didn't get a chance to get a Beta 2 key and hence be able to get a copy of RC1 and get it activated, the CPP is open again for RC1 here. PIDs are open again for the RC1 CPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom