Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

gxsaurav

For a complete list of all the features in Windows Vista Go to the Vista Wiki

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
I tied to upgrade Vista to RC2 by Loading the DVD on Power ISO in Vista RC1 but when you browse the disk you just find one text file informing you "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."

It shows the same when I load the ISO to Power ISO in XP as well.

What to do now ?

OP
G

gxsaurav

u need to burn a DVD to use it, & u cannot upgrade install yet

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
^^
I don't think virtual drives will help....coz after u reboot it switches to the installation environment ...so u r software will stare only if XP stars...

But try ''Virtual Machine'' or VM-ware....

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Finally upgraded to Rc2 :D had to extract the disk to HDD with Ultra ISO and then run the setup from there. Interestingly it still says Rc1 in the EULA but later shows Rc2 on the right hand bottom of the desktop, how else can I check the build ?

Explorer.exe works better in Rc1 no crash ... nd yes it doesn't allow upgrade, it'll install over the existing insallation and move the old files to Windows.old including the user profiles.

OP
G

gxsaurav

As stated by Microsoft, a partition with 15GB is recomended for Windows Vista, while installing Vista it checks weather the partition is 15GB or not, if not then it will not install....however the actula size of Vista in RC1 state was 8 GB.

The final RTM installation of Vista will take less space after relesing, somewhere between 5 to 6 GB approx

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
gxsaurav said:
u need to burn a DVD to use it, & u cannot upgrade install yet

Incorrect

samrulez said:
^^
I don't think virtual drives will help....coz after u reboot it switches to the installation environment ...so u r software will stare only if XP stars...

But try ''Virtual Machine'' or VM-ware....

Incorrect.

Virtual drive will work , i installed my copy like that . the installation caches all data needed before restart and after restart it has nothing to do with the mounted image . so use dameon tools or whatever mounting program , it will work.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I have got Vista RC1 both 32 bit and 64 bit (not beta2) in a beautiful DVD case.
I have also got Vista beta 2 but earlier not today.

red_hat

Broken In
I installed yesterday.It took nearly an hour.
Installation is as usual easier.
Installed softs like azureus ,flashget ,odc ,lal etc.. worked fine.
But due to its security feature or compatibality issue i was unable to run radmin server.
Net works fine with no prob.

My friend who also gave try was unable to install drivers of dlink router.
so waiting for drivers compatible with vista.

I think RC2 is not yet available for download on M$ site.

Last edited:

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Read my Vista RC1 Review Here

Had Written that Long Ago, Moved to my Blog Recently, Since I'm new to this Forum I Had to post that Link :D

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom