Windows Vista RC1 : A user review

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Has Microsoft taken back build 5728 for Vista, I tried following the links provided on this thread but could only find build 5600 ?

OP
G

gxsaurav

Build 5728 was never relsed to public, it was leaked, build 5600 is Windows Vista RC1

OP
G

gxsaurav

woops sorry, my mistake

anyway RC2 relesed now on connect

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ RC2 also released to public :p

*download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc2/en/download.htm

OP
G

gxsaurav

to hell with RC2, I Have downloaded a lot this month already...not gonna try RC2...someone else do it for me & give me:D , else airtel will come to my home saying i m wasting bandwidth

kalpik

Hehe.. I already downloaded it.. Will install it today evening most probably..

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
^^^
Kalpik how much time did it take, to download RC2??? do post u r views on it,,,and the improvements since RC1..

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
While Windows Vista expected to be released to manufacturers around October 25, retail PC pre-loaded with the new operating system won’t be available until the New Year. So the leaks start from october end , hackers will get their hands on on 25th i am sure.

kalpik

Hmm.. Installed RC2 (on it right now).. Seems a bit faster than RC1 and some minor issues, like for example rundll used to crash when i opened a folder containing lots of video files, are gone.. Seems rock stable right now. Just a warning to other ppl, dont install nvidia gfx drivers on this build.. The microsoft provided WDMM drivers are great!

Wait a minute.. Im getting COM Surrogate has stopped working as soon as i open some divx file in media player! Hmm.. lets see!

harish_21_10

In the zone
hey guys can anybody tell me if i can install Vista in my external hard drive and still boot with a dual boot option?

OP
G

gxsaurav

it might install...but the performance will be very slow

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
^^
yes......if u r BIOS supports booting from da USB then it will....but the transfer rates will not be more than 30MB/s then....it will probably start in 4 hrs...

kalpik

Ok.. It seems the error i was facing was due to Nero.. Un-installed Nero and the error is gone!

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Awesome I downloaded it today not as lucky as Kalpik it took some 2 hrs for the download to complete. Can we simply upgrade the RC1 or do we need a fresh installation... wanna try the installation tomorrow :D

rajas

In the zone
This is indeed a simple review. Vista has many more rich features some important are:
UAC - User access control: which controls users to allow/restrict access to any applciation/setting. Aero Interface, Start search, Parental control, Side bar, IE7, Windows Defender, Advanced Networking tools.

I'm currently in training on Windows Vista. With Vista RE- Recovery Environment, reisntallation is very rare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom