could you psot photos of it please?:)
also, what stuff came with the package?

OP
G

gxsaurav

which wallpaper, i just showed two of them, here are both

*img89.imageshack.us/img89/4816/leafsiw0.th.jpg

*img172.imageshack.us/img172/7748/vista5365va1.th.jpg

Since i do not have Windows Vista installed right now, this is for anyone who has it installed

Windows Vista RC1 & RC2, both have an icon for shut down which i need, inside the shell32.dll file. Take a look at this screenshot. The Logoff icon is from Vista rc1, but the shut down icon is from Vista beta 2, as u can see, the shut down icon is long, however the Log off icon is wide vertically. The new shutdown icon in Vista rc1 is similar to the logoff button in shape, which i need. Can anyone extract this new shutdown icon from shell32.dll file of Windows vista & provide here

*img433.imageshack.us/img433/401/iconpb7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Here's the shel32.dll from RC2.. Sorry dint have the time to search for the icon!

*rapidshare.de/files/36916383/shell32.rar

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@gxsaurav
I hv installed RC1 but didnt find that icon in Shell32.dll :(

If u can tell me the exact file name, then I'll upload that for u ;(

OP
G

gxsaurav

i download the above loaded file, it's not in there, sorry i was wrong i guess. even i don't know where it is in Vista, well....i will check myself now, thanx for your help kalpik & vishal

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
People those who received Vista RC1 DVD frm merawindows, how many days did it take? I mean after how many days did it come after u submit the slogan.

kalpik

Hmm.. Where you live in Vadodra.. If you were in delhi, i could give it to you. This goes for anyone staying in delhi.. Just get a blank DVD and take vista from my place :D

bose.subhasis

Broken In
Helo everyone,
me also tried vista rc1(build 5728).it's pretty god in my point of view.on my system it took 11 mins 37 seconds only.i will vote for vista only for the DX10 Addiction till now.i read the review on digit how dx10 decreases the load from as well as GPU and CPU.on my system it runs pretty smooth.
but i didn't find any impressive antivirus program for it.basically i use nod32 on my existed 32 and 64 bit system.the only antivirus supported by vista tht is avast.but i don't rely on it.just waiting for the stable version of nod 32 tht works wth vista.

kalpik

NOD 32 did release a beta version which works with vista. Im running it and it works absolutely fine. More info: *www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152249

bose.subhasis

Broken In
kalpik said:
NOD 32 did release a beta version which works with vista. Im running it and it works absolutely fine. More info: *www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152249

Thanks A lot Buddy.I'll try it out soon.
u rule.

OP
G

gxsaurav

in it's current state, u do not need any antivirus for Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom