Windows Home Server DVD For Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Got mine yesterday. The idiots do not allow the server to have WiFi connections to router, damn! Why do I need wires?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Got mine yesterday. The idiots do not allow the server to have WiFi connections to router, damn! Why do I need wires?
I tested it a Bit, Wifi connection are not allowed from server to router to ensure stability. you have to connect via Ethernet connect. these days every PC comes with a LAN card inbuilt. so that not a problem.

However you can connect any number to server and Internet via the Server.

Microsoft used a bit old fashioned approach, maybe due to security concerns

the delivery system sux.
my case:
got a letter from a local courrier service asking to retrive the pacage.
called them and asked if it has arrived.
they ask for proof that it is me.
I am a minor and don't have an ID.
they refuse to give it to me.
I explain the situation.
No change.
I give them the website.
No change.
I call my father and ask him to bring his id.
They agree and ask if i am my father's son !(such an a$$h()13)
finally, they agree and give my father the courrier.
I haven't opened it yet but the package is messed up.
i shall post a pic how it look later(after i get my digicam fixed).
really, delivery system sux.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^So does it pawn every other windows version or its just a server to be used as server

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^So does it pawn every other windows version or its just a server to be used as server
Its only a server... its not ment to be used as client OS.
Its for those who like to keep all media files and other stuff in a single place + automatic backups of all client computers.

I guess you missed this Post

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^thanks for the link, got the screenies and reading the article now *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/70.png

R2K

In the Zone
can this OS be used like win2003 server which itself can be used as a client os( basically like winxp installing software and running it ....stuff like that

Last edited:

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Its 12 days since I have ordered but I am still waiting for it. I dont know whats taking them so long to deliver it in Mumbai

chandru.in

In the zone
Can anyone say how to make it run for more than 15 seconds inside Virtualbox? Whenever I start it, it automatically re-boots. :(

I cannot give a whole system for it to erase all the data. So I had to simulate 70GB space in Vitualbox (using dynamically expanding disk image).

Also why does it refrain from installing if HD size is less than 65 GB? After installation the image file's size is just 2.7 GB. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom