Windows Home Server DVD For Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
just got mine few min back...really tight packing...ordered on 9th aug....

*img329.imageshack.us/img329/4559/homeserverfedexup9.th.jpg

enticer86

Stay Silent!
How do i track my order? It just says its being processed.
I guess i placed an order earlier too... in the very beginning, but since i did not get anything, i ordered again.

What do I do now?

Such a huge noob i am :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
When did u order it ? BTW I did not receive it till now. The official FedEx order tracking site is saying that it will be delivered today. I am still waiting.

I ordered it on the 9th of August. The consignment was dispatched on the 13th of Aug, as stated on the package.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Yup. The handheld device had a built in bar code reader, and i signed on the device using a stylus!

That's the first time i saw use of tech in this way.. really impressive.
If you use the tracking number on FedEx site, you will see your signature there.. :D

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
It is very risky to host a server on your pc , As either u have to expose your IP address to WWW or open some ports which can let hackers hack into your pc. Also you have to regularly patch and install security updates,you need to keep your pc on for 24x7 which will again cost u electricity bill, even if u can afford to keep ur pc ON for 24x7, there will surely be atleast some powercuts.

Say , for example u are on a tour and u want to access ur music collection. how can u be sure that ur home pc is on and connected to net? The best is to pay for some cheap hosting. Hosting space are quite cheap nowadays and offer great security,peace of mind and most importantly many provide a 99.9% Uptime.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
where is tracking # located in the package?

^^ I just ordered because it was free :D

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
Yeah. I use IDrive to sync my important files. Never trust your HDD. You get 2GB initially. You can increase it to 12GB just by sending some invitations. Dropbox is cool too for small files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom