Winamp to shutdown after 20th Dec 2013

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
For bollywood also?

Yup... It fills up all the ID3 tags, even some obscure ones like composer and all!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yes. I even tag Ilayaraja's '80s music with Gracenote. It seems support for Gracenote will continue even after Dec 15. Source: Winamp

BTW, Winamp v5.66 has been released on Nov 20.

Whoa... Finally some good news!!! Woo Hoo!!!:-D:-D
Btw, I didn't know that most "Digitians" were oblivious of the Auto-Tagging feature!!! :shock:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Even more good news: Microsoft tipped for Winamp and Shoutcast acquisitions from AOL - SlashGear

For fun: Winamp, it really whips Ballmer's a** :D

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
shoutcast too? as long as anyone buys it
pretty sure too many radio apps use shoutcast as the streamer, so hope this does not go down

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
AFAIK, way too many people use Shoutcast for them to shut it down. But there have been rumors quite a long time back that they were going to shut it down. I remember people putting up petitions to prevent AOL from shutting down Shoutcast.

But please no Microsoft. Anyone but Microsoft and Apple. I would love it if Google were interested.

Last edited:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I prefer it going open source.
If it is not going that way, better MS than no one. Atleast that will keep them alive and Winamp as default media player: why not?

I don't see any reason for Google to pick it up, though I would be very happy if that happens.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
The year was 1998 and my first PC was assembled. Winamp was my first player. I was simply overwhelmed and filled with joy seeing all the games, softwares, wallpapers etc. Now nothing excites me much. Guess its just a part of becoming old :p

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Ahhh first MP that is used by me... but not using it since last 3-4 years.. Windows Media player is best..

Ahhh first MP that is used by me... but not using it since last 3-4 years.. Windows Media player is best..

Everyone knows where this post is going :D

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat...ouve-ever-heard-about-technology-cool-12.html

Last edited:

reddick

Mobile Freak
I used to operate winamp during my initial computing days ... I would not forget those days along with this app :(

Well, i wont really say that Winamp was bad .... skin feature was gr8 but the memorable moment will only be the installation .... u may know why ? :p if not ill tell u :p :p :p

Top Bottom