WHY SHOULDN`T WE BUY PIRATED GAMES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i admit piracy is bad but only from the developers point of view. For a person like me piracy is a boon other wise i couldn't have played games like nfs mw, hl2, gta sa, simply bcoz i couldn't have afforded them..... by the way nowdays you don't even need to got markets like palika bazaar to get pirated stuff.... iso images of dvd games are readily available on p2p.... i recently downloaded fifa 2006

loo_31

Broken In
Actually its not bad to buy pirated stuff 8) coz pirated cds comes cheaper than original. So from my point of view noting's wrong. I even buy pirated stuff.

anandk

Distinguished Member
hey, u cant "BUY" pirated stuff really...
u just end up not having legal ownership on it...hence u cant "buy" it !!!

u either buy stuff legally, or u dont !

anyway, i think, sab chaltay in life !

sauravforever

Right off the assembly line
y not buy pirated stuff?

its individual choice whether or not to buy pirated stuff.
only reason not to buy pirated stuff is tht it in d end pricks ur conscience.
if u care, act otherwise... :D

gags987

Broken In
:p Well games are ment to be played. When we can spend thousands of Rs for buying our monster cards, some credit should be given to the game developers too. After all whats bad in spending an odd 1500 for example DOOM3

mohit sharma

Journeyman
i am against bying of pirated games !!!!!

what the hell is need of bying pirated games , where the hell is internet , broadband and friends !!! lol !!!hahahahaahah !!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
gags987 said:
:p Well games are ment to be played. When we can spend thousands of Rs for buying our monster cards, some credit should be given to the game developers too. After all whats bad in spending an odd 1500 for example DOOM3

In India most of the people are using below average cards nd hardwares. They save money to buy the least card which could play those games like 5200 or 5700. For such people it would seem ridiculous to spend another 1500 bucks for each game.
As in my case with my good old GFMX440 Ive finished most games like popt2t, NFSMW,COD2, Q4, GTASA etc. If I had the money to buy those games, certainly I would have invested those money on an overall hardware upgrade.
Perhaps what u are telling is right for the guys in US or the like but not for Indians for sure.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
wondering WHY???

Why should we not buy Pirated games????????
EVeryone knows its illegal, not ri8 to buy pirated stuff but everyone does it because at end of the day each and every person sees is self profit and not abt the one who made it,isnt it? :wink:
Its like in exam everyone knows its not correct to copy, but everyone does to get few more marks........IN END IT BOILS DOWN TO SELF PROGRESS AND PROFIT, WHO CARES WHERE IS THE REST OF WORLD HEADED :twisted:
In india it mi8 be unique case if the rule regulator of anti piracy is himself raided he mi8 have several pirated copies loaded on office/home computer :twisted: So who in india is going to apply the anti piracy rules... :shock:

mohit sharma

Journeyman
well i had an intersting or othewise ( whatever u feel ) story to tell ::

whenevr i ask my cdwallah ( vcd ) to reduce cd rentals , he tell that police is not going to reduce his commission on every cd that go on rental from his shop !!!!

and wanna look into real conditions just visit palika bazaar in delhi at any time !!!!! hahahahaha !!!

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
abhishek66 said:
i admit piracy is bad but only from the developers point of view. For a person like me piracy is a boon other wise i couldn't have played games like nfs mw, hl2, gta sa, simply bcoz i couldn't have afforded them..... by the way nowdays you don't even need to got markets like palika bazaar to get pirated stuff.... iso images of dvd games are readily available on p2p.... i recently downloaded fifa 2006

Same here...

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Re: wondering WHY???

wizrulz said:
Why should we not buy Pirated games????????
EVeryone knows its illegal, not ri8 to buy pirated stuff but everyone does it because at end of the day each and every person sees is self profit and not abt the one who made it,isnt it? :wink:
Its like in exam everyone knows its not correct to copy, but everyone does to get few more marks........IN END IT BOILS DOWN TO SELF PROGRESS AND PROFIT, WHO CARES WHERE IS THE REST OF WORLD HEADED :twisted:
In india it mi8 be unique case if the rule regulator of anti piracy is himself raided he mi8 have several pirated copies loaded on office/home computer :twisted: So who in india is going to apply the anti piracy rules... :shock:

If everyone thought like you, the world would certainly be such a better place! Don't you think so?

Who cares what happens to this world as long as we are happy and content, right? Let the developers who spent hundreds of hours and millions of dollars go to hell.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Re: wondering WHY???

[quote="Nemesis
If everyone thought like you, the world would certainly be such a better place! Don't you think so?

Who cares what happens to this world as long as we are happy and content, right? Let the developers who spent hundreds of hours and millions of dollars go to hell.[/quote]

Hey nemesis, no matter how much we try to tell everybody abt the point of veiw of developers and company, the situation is not gona improve unless and untill the economy is not good or the laws not strict...........U can read my other posts they support anti piracy.............but in this thread who ever post doesnt seems to support anti piracy, every one is supporting it.........so i also wrote in other side of the coin :wink:

Vyasram

The pWnster
Dudes or the so called ones who say games are too costly must either buy them or play demos.

All by purchasing the games instead of pirating you can help the company to develop better games for the future .

I also advise the game devs to price their games (especially console games) reasonably atleast in india so that a common pc user c'd buy them.

In india, those console games of xbox360 are hilariously priced which will only lead to piracy. I feel that the devs c'd earn more money if they price their products reasonably

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
gr8 news

Ok guys and gals, had enough of discussion lets not blame the company or game developer for the high price of the games.I had heard a lot of UT 2004 from net,friends etc.I vowed to buy the game as soon as possible.but as luck would have it it was unavailable in most of stores like planetm,crossroads,heera panna,etc i had almost abandoned the thought of buying it then a digit member like you all suggested me to try at milestone interactive ,andheri.When i contacted them they told me that they just import n dont sell.they give to distributor in area who takes care of sale and distribution to small shops like planetm,etc.They gave me his address and contact no.Then few days later i went to shop in ghatkopar (bharat stores) which milestone was the supplier.The owner told me UT2004 is not present now but can be brought within 3-4 hr.When i asked the price he told it was 699.I thought he was trying to fool me and sell me pirated copy as milestone said it was available for 999.He said they just import market price is set by distributors.So i got idea if i directly aproach distributor then it vud b even cheaper.When i contaced i was on 7th sky as he told me the price 550 only.I immediately went to thane.When i reached his shop i could not believe my eyes i had never seen in my life cd collection like this.In the 500 sq ft area there was such a vast collection that it would give all planet m branches in mumbai run for their money.When i asked for receipt he wrote rs 520 for game and 29.65 for 4% vat.That means ut 2004 was for just 520 at distributor and 699 -1299 whatever be the price when it reaches retailer.Oh boy thats a gr8 difference.When i reached home even my friends could not believe it nor my parents rom whom i borrowed 1000 bucks.i had seen max payne 2 at the shop and he was willing to sell at 425 which is 75 rs less than planet m price.I started calculating in my mind if he sells for 530 or 550 whatever then at what price he may b buying it from milestone say 400-450 (estimating).Then at what price the milestone wud be importing .This i leave it to u guys to decide.
I think if milestone sells directly to poor honest gamers :wink: like us then i think we wud be saving atleast 75% money .What u all think?
Btw i wud be happy to let u know the address and fone no of dealer if u please,
Till then Cheers and have good time,
MANDAR 8)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Re: gr8 news

mandar5 said:
Ok guys and gals, had enough of discussion lets not blame the company or game developer for the high price of the games.I had heard a lot of UT 2004 from net,friends etc.I vowed to buy the game as soon as possible.but as luck would have it it was unavailable in most of stores like planetm,crossroads,heera panna,etc i had almost abandoned the thought of buying it then a digit member like you all suggested me to try at milestone interactive ,andheri.When i contacted them they told me that they just import n dont sell.they give to distributor in area who takes care of sale and distribution to small shops like planetm,etc.They gave me his address and contact no.Then few days later i went to shop in ghatkopar (bharat stores) which milestone was the supplier.The owner told me UT2004 is not present now but can be brought within 3-4 hr.When i asked the price he told it was 699.I thought he was trying to fool me and sell me pirated copy as milestone said it was available for 999.He said they just import market price is set by distributors.So i got idea if i directly aproach distributor then it vud b even cheaper.When i contaced i was on 7th sky as he told me the price 550 only.I immediately went to thane.When i reached his shop i could not believe my eyes i had never seen in my life cd collection like this.In the 500 sq ft area there was such a vast collection that it would give all planet m branches in mumbai run for their money.When i asked for receipt he wrote rs 520 for game and 29.65 for 4% vat.That means ut 2004 was for just 520 at distributor and 699 -1299 whatever be the price when it reaches retailer.Oh boy thats a gr8 difference.When i reached home even my friends could not believe it nor my parents rom whom i borrowed 1000 bucks.i had seen max payne 2 at the shop and he was willing to sell at 425 which is 75 rs less than planet m price.I started calculating in my mind if he sells for 530 or 550 whatever then at what price he may b buying it from milestone say 400-450 (estimating).Then at what price the milestone wud be importing .This i leave it to u guys to decide.
I think if milestone sells directly to poor honest gamers :wink: like us then i think we wud be saving atleast 75% money .What u all think?
Btw i wud be happy to let u know the address and fone no of dealer if u please,
Till then Cheers and have good time,
MANDAR 8)

Hey thats great news , can u post the address and phone nos............. :lol:

BTW i would like to ask when did u got this nos and address :shock: :?:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
defconfor said:
i bought max payne 2 for rs 20 and uto4 for rs40.

Exactly why piracy can never be eradicated. As long as people can get things either for free or for ridiculously low prices, they won't buy original games - no matter how low the manufacturer's price them. You can beat the "free" tag.

In countries like the US, students work part-time to earn their own spending money which they are then free to use however they want to. Which is why they can afford to buy games that cost $60.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
Hey wizrulz the dealer i am talking is in thane west called as PRIME TRADERS.His ph no is 55922353.Its just less than 2 min walk from platform no 1.
I hope thats enough,for further querries if u have any just bring it here.
Cheers,
MANDAR :)

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
hey mandar
its nice ur thinking abt piracy.
its not only abt games but also ther 4 all other softwares.

by the way how many " ORIGINAL" softwares u use?
star with "windows"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom