WHY SHOULDN`T WE BUY PIRATED GAMES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bala4digit

Journeyman
@puja399: SORRY gal...but...hehe.....if u bought that stuff from a piracy stuff vendor....he would have given it to you for 1/10 the price...and you know what....if it didn't work on your PC...he would have immediately xchanged it for another game..without any xtra cost..and any arguements!!!....so are you all still thinking about original stuff ....GUYS !!!!

puja399

In the zone
No, the point is unless and until the game developers, and vendors give proper respect to the rights of the gamers and also give appropriate pricing, all this hue and cry about anti-piracy will just go down the drain.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
puja:
No, the point is unless and until the game developers, and vendors give proper respect to the rights of the gamers and also give appropriate pricing, all this hue and cry about anti-piracy will just go down the drain.

well thats wat i said all through this topic.....we wud n we shud show respect to d developers work but inturn they also need 2 show some respect 2 us and our hard earned money...this country is not exactly a place for a 25-30$ game...

cheers

maxguddu

Right off the assembly line
come on guys, when you buy pirated stuff, you save a lot of foreign exchange for your country !! ;)
jokes apart, i'd rather throw my pc away than buy all the software loaded up on it.......... it's too damn costly for ppl like me @ least.

Dumbledore

Journeyman
well, pirated games are always cheap, easy to buy, but that doesn't mean i condone them. I really like games but i try to get original cd's whenever i can help it.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Some says most of the pirated stuffs has any defects or will not run sometimes. Hey man if it doesnt run we gonna lost only those few bugs(less than 100 bucks). We gonna make it by some other running games(we save a lot of bucks by a successful running pirated game).

netarget

Broken In
Heh heh!!
after reading the above few posts, i think the subject should be "Why shouldnt we buy orignial stuffs OR why should we buy pirates stuff?"

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
you know guys, the main problem here in india is that people just don't think that software is a commodity worth buying; ignorance about software is one of the main reasons for that too.

lets just take an example of a classic case: one of my relatives. he is somewhat a real jerk when it comes to this issue. his justification: why to pay Rs.500+ for a Rs.10 cd? for him, the price of a software = a-little-bit-more-than the price of cd. what he completely ignores is the entire work that goes into the making of a software (it could be an OS, an application or a game). he says its deceitful plunder to charge so much money for something that comes on a cheap medium. he justified his statement saying that once a software is made, all that a company has to do was charge a little bit more than the cost of the CD, and this would make fo the co's profits. but even when i told him about the cost involved in the development, testing, etc. of a software (not to mention the payments for the developers), he just wouldnt listen. (but then again, he is a big egoist; it would take humongous courage for a man in his 50's to agree with the viewpoints of a 19 yr old...but never mind that...)

the point is, the situation is almost similar everywhere, almost everyone i know with a computer either have somewhat the same justifications (plus they dont want to spend money). the need here is to make people aware of what goes on behind the making of a software, it may change their ideas to somewhat an extent...just my opinion thats all.

btw...they all think i've lost my mind because i'm saving money for buying an original copy of windows vista (well i can pretty much tell most of the forum members here will think so too, but thats just my case). :p

Siriusblack

Broken In
hey sreevirus!!!!!!!!!!!
when u buy ur copy of vista can u just make copies of it and distribute to us mere mortals who couldnt even dream to buy it. Come on man i'm a college student if i get 45000 bucks to buy a pc my parents will never give Rs. 1.5 lac extra that will be the actual worth of all the software thats loaded on it 3dsmax office maya etc.

ratzee199

Journeyman
pirated??? huh....

well i guess every1 here is playing all the original versiona??? :twisted:
anyway i am a game addicted to and i want to tell u something.that if i wnt to play all the latest games then hw can i afford to pay everytime 1200 bucks???
any thoughts??
'cause usually i buy 9-10 games each month and playing all of them in my free time. remember i am a student of MBA. :!:

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
Siriusblack said:
hey sreevirus!!!!!!!!!!!
when u buy ur copy of vista can u just make copies of it and distribute to us mere mortals who couldnt even dream to buy it. Come on man i'm a college student if i get 45000 bucks to buy a pc my parents will never give Rs. 1.5 lac extra that will be the actual worth of all the software thats loaded on it 3dsmax office maya etc.
well, FYI, even i'm a college student (not to mention a weak mortal too). and i'm putting Rs.10 in my collection everyday from my lunch money, so it cant be that bad can it? plus i dont have a steady source of income coz i'm not employed. i'm buying a copy of the OS, i am not into games and 3d modelling or graphic design. i just use my PC for mundane tasks, like coming to this forum, for word processing, chatting, etc (oh yeah, i do like to read stuff and i'd be devastated without wikipedia, google and the like, or even this forum for that matter). so i dont need to spend Rs.5 lacs on 3ds max or 2 lacs on maya or 60k on photoshop. whats the point of installing software that u wont even use?
got my point?

usmayur

Broken In
ishaan said:
dude they DESERVE a profit margin...theyr not doin this cuz dey got sum time 2 kill

and profits are a form of reward for RISK BEARING...

we have no rite 2 demand lower prices bu cutting down dere profits..

and furthermore, even if they reduce the prices from say, 1000 to 300 suppose

u can get pirated games for 25 bux if u bargain rite, in the rite places ESPECIALLY we u buy many together

then, wats the point they'll still lose out..

all these companies would have financial n marketing experts studying the markets so dont think we are smarter that those guys in this field...they must hav put sum heavy thought in their pricing strategies and wat they r doing is fine

sure theyr losing out on piracy, but then the high prices of games covers it up for them

if sumhow ppl wer to stop piracy, they wud also lower prices gradually till a kinf of equilibrium is attained..

I dont agree with u. I bought FIFA 2004 for Rs.1299/- and it said it included costs of 1 yr free online gameplay. Now EA should understand that online play is a distant dream for Indians. They could have reduced some price here ( 1 yr of online play costs over Rs. 500/-)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
CHANGE THE TOPIC NAME :twisted: (mods please)
the thread telling y not to buy pirated stuff and how to avoid it is dealing with y to buy pirated stuff. :shock:

sreevirus wrote:lets just take an example of a classic case: one of my relatives. he is somewhat a real jerk when it comes to this issue. his justification: why to pay Rs.500+ for a Rs.10 cd? for him, the price of a software = a-little-bit-more-than the price of cd. what he completely ignores is the entire work that goes into the making of a software (it could be an OS, an application or a game). he says its deceitful plunder to charge so much money for something that comes on a cheap medium. he justified his statement saying that once a software is made, all that a company has to do was charge a little bit more than the cost of the CD, and this would make fo the co's profits. but even when i told him about the cost involved in the development, testing, etc. of a software (not to mention the payments for the developers), he just wouldnt listen. (but then again, he is a big egoist; it would take humongous courage for a man in his 50's to agree with the viewpoints of a 19 yr old...but never mind that...)

The point here in is no matter how low the s/w, game company charge its gonna be difiicult to stop or lets say avoid piracy.......suppose a guy buys game for 50RS form road side , when he comes home he calls his friends to tell abt th egame he got, if he has writer so it will be duistributed among his 10 frnds and this is gona multiply......so one copy among hundreds for mere 50RS and others cos RS 10 for cd and burning is free :wink: ........
Even is suppose if the cost were as low as 300 and same thing happens then also most will think to burn it rather than buy original one.......and also patches,codes etc r easily available on net to help run the original burnt stuff....so its gona be damn hard unless and until so technology avoids burning the OG stuff from cd....... :lol:

KoRn

In the zone
Piracy is for hardcore=desperate=addicted=dont give a damn gamers like "Me"!.I luv it cuz 1.cheap 2.games release faster.3.its jus 2 gud i cant help it.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
sreevirus:
but even when i told him about the cost involved in the development, testing, etc. of a software

most ppl say they deserve the hard work they did for developing....so does it mean they wud earn it wit just one copy....even a pocket transistor is lotsa worth making but it dosnt mean they extract all d earning from one piece.... tis sold at just round rs. 100-150 n still they get thier profits....so its not like they not getting wat they deserve....ok wat r they getting now due to thier high cost 80% ppl in india buy pirated stuff still they arnt lacking profits...
cheers

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@speedyguy
most ppl say they deserve the hard work they did for developing....so does it mean they wud earn it wit just one copy....even a pocket transistor is lotsa worth making but it dosnt mean they extract all d earning from one piece.... tis sold at just round rs. 100-150 n still they get thier profits....so its not like they not getting wat they deserve....ok wat r they getting now due to thier high cost 80% ppl in india buy pirated stuff still they arnt lacking profits...
Hey speedy guy ur comparing wrong things......there many stages in a s/w or game making....lot of efforts go in making a game, s/w......not only that to keep it error free and work according to requirement is main task......there r mainly foru stages....
ANALYSIS, DESIGN, CODE, TEST......these all stages handled by diff or same grp of people and usually abig s/w , gam eis broken inmodules and distributed among smaller grp of people....TESTING done by all together other grp...SO just think salary of these people over months....its not that s/w, game is done in 15 or a months time.....it takes min 6months....so what u see on ur comp(pirated one :lol: ) is actually which the company planned a year ago and yet seems equal with technology.....this is what the company puts in......hard work , future vision......HAVE U THOU8 if any case the stuff they r working becomes out dated... who is gona pay them......this is what they charge in.....no company will like to go in loss.....do not just think abt micrsoft but smaller companies.......THINK :!:

All of the guys r right abt reducing the peice of the softwares, games and stuffs like that.
The main thing here is our countries economy. its mainly coz. of population of our country.
students in our country dont work part-time ( there r few of them) so they completely rely on their parents. if they try to work and earn a little bit of bucks it will make a lot of difference.
i know piracy is art and u feel great when u beat those developers by breaking their protection. but its a bad thing to do.
i m also not a complete original buyer.
so companies should make a "low price edition" softwares and games for developing countries, like its there for books. Dont make packaging very attractive. use recyclable materials.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@wizrulez:
Hey speedy guy ur comparing wrong things......there many stages in a s/w or game making....lot of efforts go in making a game, s/w......not only that to keep it error free and work according to requirement is main task......there r mainly foru stages....
ANALYSIS, DESIGN, CODE, TEST......these all stages handled by diff or same grp of people and usually abig s/w , gam eis broken inmodules and distributed among smaller grp of people....TESTING done by all together other grp...SO just think salary of these people over months....its not that s/w, game is done in 15 or a months time.....it takes min 6months....so what u see on ur comp(pirated one ) is actually which the company planned a year ago and yet seems equal with technology.....this is what the company puts in......hard work , future vision......HAVE U THOU8 if any case the stuff they r working becomes out dated... who is gona pay them......this is what they charge in.....no company will like to go in loss.....do not just think abt micrsoft but smaller companies.......THINK

well friend wat r they getting from us wit that high price tag...i said that.....70-80% buy pirated...they aint getting any attention to thier hard work from this country....they do deserve their hardwork worth from this country but they must country the economy postition of our country....we r not yet into the 30$ game arena....they r bussiness ppl, must do somthing to reduce atleast for this country....and dear if u go for even a cheap device (like i mentioned)....of abt 200-300 cost....n take detailed description of its making even that u'll find really confusing n hardworking its just they need to figure out d its worth rate of that for one set....so if ur buying a game for say 1500 bux do u think u r alone pay out their hardwork....infact reducing will get them more original buyers n more profits coz no. of s/w cds or dvds dosnt matter its just one in d making...

but its quite unfortunate that we r discussing this ourselves...cant get this message to them....

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom