WHY SHOULDN`T WE BUY PIRATED GAMES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
R u kidding?

nimis said:
buy pirated games and lose ur peace of mind.....
R u kidding? nearly every perosn having computer and who is gamer will have pirated game. So ur saying that those have lost their peace(piece :lol: ) of mind? See most of pirated stuff givs u peace of mind......i say this when i have chatted with most of my frnds over this topic.......see most pirated games does not need to pop in th cd for game play where as Og stuff needs it....Also Og stuff once cd is scratched its gone along with the money we have put in..... so its other way arnd.....mostly everybody will agree this..... :wink:

@ dheeraj kumar
i know that breaking rule is fun to most of us until we r not caugt in it... :p . But what i suggested is possible solution along with pricing the stuff reasonably....I guess but until and unless there is some great s/w written to stop burning of cds illagaly, it is impossible to stop piracy as even if the stuff is priced for 150 most will still go for pirated one as one can burn it for 10 cd and free form frnd pc :lol: . Reverse engg should be used to remove defects and errors from existing s/w and not break it to be used illegally......same way as hacking and ethical hacking....two sides of same coin...isnt it :?: :twisted:

rajas700

Youngling
The games in are market sold at high price even though they fetch less worth of it.By having these much pirated copy's the game's company and software comapny have earn more and being the richest person in the world if not those pirated stuff think of their position.???Moreover i have heared that many company's get their income through pirated stuff selling also.(It mean they get their income in both the way's).For these what are u going to say???????????

G

gxsaurav

componies should lower the prices of Gmaes, $50 or Rs 3000 is insane

i remembar i once wrote an article about piracy, it can be solved if the prices are fixed on the basis of value not currency

$50 in U.S.A might not be a lot for a game, but Rs 3000 for a game in India is a lot

i wish what bill gates said comes true in 10 years, that all the distribution of softwares will be done via Internet & CD/DVD/BD will be obsalete, it will save a lot of packaging cost for the componies

I buy pirated games & softwars, but one thing, there is no assurence that it will work, Valve did a good job of provding Half life 2 via steam, but it also got it's drawback, specially a high speed internet connection even during installation, so piracy is the best option for india in such case, besides piracy is required for a Software to be popular to some extant

neerajkumar_4

Journeyman
hey do u guys know even big companies like HCL, HP give pirated versions of XP....... i mean that they install Win. XP in multiple systems using 1 CD..... that piracy!!
ok i heard this from a friend of mine.......
so not kinda sure abt this!!

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
one thing n all.....softwares n games need to reduce thier prices to avoid piracy...or else ppl will be happy wit piracy.

cheers

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
neerajkumar_4 said:
hey do u guys know even big companies like HCL, HP give pirated versions of XP....... i mean that they install Win. XP in multiple systems using 1 CD..... that piracy!!
ok i heard this from a friend of mine.......
so not kinda sure abt this!!

Yes they do but that is a Volume License Key and is thus valid ;)

neerajkumar_4

Journeyman
ya i the case of games n software the prices r DAM high .......... i wish if they reduce them ........if they do so there will b millions of gamers who buy legal versions not illegal ...........i want to b one of them ;)

con_tester

Journeyman
I allready said that....

today if 10 people buy a original, atleast 50 buys pirated...
If they reduce price I think not all but 30 will also buy original...
We all want official supprt.
Dont we...

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
agreed on that...
more than us twill be d companies who gain from it by reducing prices....just imagine today ppl (in india atleast), 10 copies og buyers n 100 copies pirated buyers....so its kinda rs. 10000 companes benifit (considering rs. 1000 per game) n rs. 5000 piracy (considering rs. 50 / game)....

now, if the same game is available for even rs. 200 (original)...then if not 100, atleast 50 ppl will go for it (atleast i will rush for it)....so for company its rs. 15000 (more than earlier) n for piracy twill be...hmm! well really cant say its india....but whud be reduced certainly....

cheers

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
the main thing is pricising statregy of us co in india
when Mc donald can sell a burger (and other things) at rs 20 in india which they sell at say$ 2 to 3 in us.
why cant sw co have same pricing with indian context.
give the sw priced for india in india and nt for us
this is the same thing which goes making mc donalds, pizza huts and other a instent hit in india

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i shall not

abhasbajpai said:
the main thing is pricising statregy of us co in india
when Mc donald can sell a burger (and other things) at rs 20 in india which they sell at say$ 2 to 3 in us.
why cant sw co have same pricing with indian context.
give the sw priced for india in india and nt for us
this is the same thing which goes making mc donalds, pizza huts and other a instent hit in india
i shall not agree iwthu over this. Pizza and burger r counsumable items and can be made in india, so the rate can be decieded by the rates of the stuff used to make it, also it cannot be carried from one country to another(y willone carry eatables?).
whereas cd and hardware r to be made in company only and then distributed by companies. the cost to set up a compnay in each and every country is gonna increase the rates further. But cds and h/w can be carried by buying them from one country to other so usually company try to have nearly same prices.
But still i support that that the prices should be reduced in countries where economy is weak....to reduce piracy... :lol:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
i undstand wizrulz need not post it twice....ok ur rite here....but still d fact remains abt cds....prices r not suitable for india, atleast.
cheers

puja399

In the zone
Very informative discussion....but I am afraid all that I could have said have already been said. So I have nothing else to say except that there is a game called 'PIRATES!', and I like it. :)

P.S. : Am I being childish ??!!!! :D :D :D

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
noticed this?

I know everyone wants games at low prices, atleast in india. I guess every gamer must have noted that the games prices fall drastically to 199,299,399 etc once a year or two have passed......
So i suggest game distributers to keep the prices so low from 1st only and reduce there profit margin so that they can sell more nos of OG's and thus reduce piracy...... :lol:
WHAT U ALL SAY?

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
yes

Last year hl2 was launched for 1499 bucks and now 1 week back my friend grabed for 1299 at planet m.Even rates of doom3 has fallen to 999.I think games like ut 2004,hl2,doom3 should cost 500 and rest like spiderman1-2,xmen etc for 300.What u all think?Morever our government levies new taxes like vat ,sales tax,etc hence it helps to increase the prices further. :roll:

knight17

In the zone
nimis said:
buy pirated games and lose ur peace of mind.....

How your peace of mind will loose.Will police came to our home searching for pirated gmaes and arrest this will not happen in INDIA for atleast the next 5 years sure

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Very informative discussion....but I am afraid all that I could have said have already been said. So I have nothing else to say except that there is a game called 'PIRATES!', and I like it.

P.S. : Am I being childish ??!!!!

dun bother puja......game must not be abt piracy :D

So i suggest game distributers to keep the prices so low from 1st only and reduce there profit margin so that they can sell more nos of OG's and thus reduce piracy......
WHAT U ALL SAY?

agreed wit u wizrulz

How your peace of mind will loose.Will police came to our home searching for pirated gmaes and arrest this will not happen in INDIA for atleast the next 5 years sure

ru sure abt that.....i doubt twud happen even 10 yrs from now....cmon man....this is INDIA...a place to live in and play pirated games... :D

well my parents r totally against piracy n never allow me to buy so....still i manage to get some copies frm frnds....coz i cant make my parents spend 4-5k for just matter of 3-4 games (og)...this is how it goes...even i'll never look @ copies if games come as cheap as within 400-500 rs.

cheers

ishaan

Padawan
u can show ur frend dese anti piracy ads

ive seen 2 of em

one goes like the show diff scenes n it sez

YOU WOULDNT STEAL CLOTHES
YOU WOULDNT STEAL BOOKS
YOU WOULNDT STEAL MOVIES

and they show guys in shops actually stealin stuff...THEN Y STEAL CDS? and it sez say no to piracy

then the other one, the much more cooler ad:

this smalltime mumbai gangster kinda dude gets into sum basement, ware dey sho these 3-4 guys with computers n all makin pirated stuff

so that boss guy goes like

tumko pata hum desh mein kitni problem karte hain? kitne log ka job gaya maaloom? kitna corporation ko loss hota maaloom?

stuff like dat

so the workers r surprised n dey stop workin, rite then da boss starts laffin n hes like chalo chalo jaldi karo

n it sez their conscience wont stop piracy. but yours can.

damn cool ad

---

also, tell ur frend if he likes a game, wont he like to show the developers sum respect? like i luv gta and so i luv rockstar and the only way v can thank them for the game is to atleast buy original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom