WHY SHOULDN`T WE BUY PIRATED GAMES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well said ishaan...we do need to show respect to d developers but dun u think that developers shud also show repect to our hard earned money.

cheers

ishaan

Padawan
thanks...well u no they gotta cover thier costs so thats one thing...and theyr not doin this jus for the heck of it, they gotta make profits also

ppl do business to do profits...which could be thought of as a payment for taking the risk and effort of carrying on a business whether its a game developing company or a clothes shop

so the pricing is fine i think

its the consumers choice if they think the product is not correctly priced, its their choice 2 not buy it, nobody is forcin ne1 2 buy a game

if sum1 dont feel like paying dis much dey can go 4 cheaper games

its like ever1 cant afford a mercedes nobody goes n copies a merc engine n sticks it on his car..

kaboodle

Broken In
well instead of buying pirated cds u can download 'em from net :p

and mostly cds r burnt to keep 'em for playing laterone when I can get my hands on some good GPU :mrgreen:

ishaan

Padawan
dude whether u buy pirated cds or download them off the net its the same thing....unless u legally pay for them and then download like half life 2 thru steam

dis is also piracy its as bad buying a pirated cd

ishaan

Padawan
thats no way 2 judge man...ne1 can sell an orig cheap for ne reason...i got gta3 ORIGINAL wen it juss got released for rs.75...turns out da guy had boards and his mom made him sell all his games haha

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well dude, who says develpors wont profit if they wont cut down their prices...itz just a matter of place....infact as already discussed they mite gain if they reduce price in india....ppl wud get off piracy...n same time reduce piracy....they r not bound to make dat price....wen game's resale goes down they cut down d prices n so on.... so its not like they wont cover their making cost...they r intellctuals...they ofcourse have a profit margin....its business

games cannot be compared wit cars....its a total diff. scenario....u said it, no1 can acutally pirate a car...so leave d cars, they r selective....but games r common...we have piracy problem coz its priced n they say we ppl r screwing them....then they must take a break wit pricing...keeping in mind their profit margin...

cheers

ishaan

Padawan
dude they DESERVE a profit margin...theyr not doin this cuz dey got sum time 2 kill

and profits are a form of reward for RISK BEARING...

we have no rite 2 demand lower prices bu cutting down dere profits..

and furthermore, even if they reduce the prices from say, 1000 to 300 suppose

u can get pirated games for 25 bux if u bargain rite, in the rite places ESPECIALLY we u buy many together

then, wats the point they'll still lose out..

all these companies would have financial n marketing experts studying the markets so dont think we are smarter that those guys in this field...they must hav put sum heavy thought in their pricing strategies and wat they r doing is fine

sure theyr losing out on piracy, but then the high prices of games covers it up for them

if sumhow ppl wer to stop piracy, they wud also lower prices gradually till a kinf of equilibrium is attained..

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well im not saying all stop buying pirateds if lowered but certainly 300 bux wud make lotsa ppl come down to originals....every one wants to have originals but just cant afford is d point...or dosnt wanna spend that amt...

again i say this....they got enuf marketing strategies n enuf profit margins...twudnt be loss for them if they cut but ppl wud gain this side...

...shud d games be ment in india wud hv costed according to here....but they r made in dollars which converts into rs (*48 or sumthing) so its just runnin out of india into piracy....its just abt thought to reduce prices but we know they cant practically coz rs. 300 wud mean $6 for them which just means nuttin but quivalent to pirated games in US..

they dun consider here....my couson in US buys org games just like ppl here buy pirated....coz itz $20 for him but it goes rs.1000 for me here so i cant go on buying.....so they cant think for india as its not dat rich country....this discussion say they shud...not they will....

neither they can do dat price only for india as twud result consequences n wont be fair wit others aswell...so all we can do is discuss in digit forum

cheers

baluthebear

Broken In
In the US the latest games are available for $15-20 ie, Rs.700-950 on DVD's. The same games are sold in India on CD's at Rs1299, 1399, 1499 etc and the DVD version fo these games are rarely available and command a premium of Rs.200-300 over the CD version.If the price of games are brought down more people will buy original games otherwise piracy will flourish. One can get a pirated version NFS Most Wanted on DVD for Rs.150-175 in Mumbai VT/Fort. The original is not even available on DVD.

ishaan

Padawan
well thats a good point....piracy is not only caused by price

also due to unavailability....if a game is released in the US on jan 1st and it comes here after 3 months, there will alredy be pirated copies on jan 3rd

major pirates also keep a guy for regularly going abroad to get the latest stuff...like once a week or something...the costs are easily covered for them...

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
dvds r making buyers a little ease...infact much ease....4-6 cd games like nfsmw, hl2, doom3 etc. r now comfortable wit 1 dvd....n twud cost less than their cd couterparts....so its gud thinking by tech to involve dvd games....indirectly helps piracy....(i mean 2 reduce it)....though india again plays vital role for encouraging piracy....

wat im thinking that we earlier 1cd used to be more than enuf for a game....nowadays...it takes 4-6 cds for 1 game....so now its dvds turn....1 dvd is enuf for a big game....so wat can be next....wen 1 dvd wont be enuf for a game?

cheers

BlackJack

Broken In
Hmmm, this talk is always there Pirated ot NOt ??

But this does not apply to gaming only.. For the year 2004, the estimate of Pirated S/W used in India accounted more than the Retail versions bought in Malayasia..
Good india leads somewhere, but is this a good note..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Infact piracy in one way or other is helping the economy develop. People are able to get softwares at no costs. Think of a person looking for system for as low as 14k. He cannot imagine spending bout 7k for the OS(XP). So the shopkeepers install it with XP at no cost. So the poorest people can also work with expensive softwares.
What we gonna get by making those game companies rich. They will make their profits from US,UK nd so on and people here in India(lil poor compared to US) uses the same softwares for FREE.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
not d case wit every shop....only wit vendors of assemblers....some use authorised stuff registered to their own name.....n install it for their customers or some provide originals wit pc...ya cant b d same for a 14k pc...but thats a good point aravind

cheers

puja399

In the zone
Let me tell u my experience with the 'so called' legal games and the attitue of the game developers towards the customers. Recently I bought a game called 'Prince of Persia: Sands of Time' for my brother, for which I had to pay 1299/-. But when it was installed on my computer having XFX 6600GT card, it refused to run, and ended with an error message 'nVidia 6600GT card not supported'. I tried to hunt the web for a patch of something but failed. I went to the shop from which I purchased the game, but they said that they can't do anything, but I can get support form the developer's site, ie, Ubisoft. I made several email comunications with them, and all they did is sending me 4 mails asking me to wait as my complaint is being processed, and finally opined that my trouble will go if I install the latest drivers. But all my drivers were already updated. I still have the 'original legal copy' of the game that I purchased for 1299/-, which is wasted.

The bottomline is everybody is crazy about copyrights and anit-piracy but at the end we, the consumers are being kicked in our butts for protecting the right of the companies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
it does sux up lotsa cash frm u n may end up screwing u....i had similar experience....bought raw wit my older pc pIII...minimum system requirements did match up mine but still it wont simply run...d game crashes on d startup....so i contacted thq...they asked me 2 send them my dxdiag report...so i did....they said i have an intel graphics which is not supported by d game so i must get an agp card to run wwe raw...this was nowhere mentioned to have any problems wit intel...i cudnt even go back to shop as u know there reply....999 bux was all wasted till one yr later i ultimately upgraded my whole system (p4) wit ati radeon...now ofcourse it runs but i dun wanna play this anymore...its got old...we got tons of new games....

so u see how easily they say upgrade ur video card, ram, cpu etc. bla bla...we cant just go on upgrading our system for one games sake...so have to gamble those 1000-3000bux

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom