Why did you buy a smartphone?

Sarath

iDota
The question is simple and nothing more : "Why did you buy a smartphone?"

Especially ones which are around 30k. Question pertains more towards the expensive category of phones which are >20,ooo bucks.

Reason

No more conditions.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, a 15k Android would have satisfied my needs which is phone calls, browsing and two-three apps I can't live without.

You don't really get good camera in smartphones of late. That's the reason I had to go for SGS2. LED flash is still disappointing though.

sujoyp

Grand Master
The only smartphone I ever bought for 20k+ was Nokia N70 in 2005 coz it was the latest and greatest...with best sound, great cam, good build, 3G, front cam, 2.4" screen ....others were not even close :D

If I had to buy one 20+ now I will go for Xpeira Arc S just for its design and looks coz all the features can be had in even a 15k handset

rajeevk

Journeyman
I have Samsung Galaxy Y costing Rs.7,000/- It fulfills all of my requirements in a phone. Why I will need an expensive one?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
For me, the smartphone fills up my my needs (i.e. making basic phone call, daily scheduling, emergency ebook reader, and also a portable multipurpose media player, and also not to mention the obvious reason, better 3G speed with some imp apps.

And for all these my Nokia C6-00 serving me well & good. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Motorola ROKR E6e: brought 2008. main use is listening music, occassional gaming, should support pdf & office files, heavy customization support, multitasking & lastly should be able to mod, overclock & do all sort of not-to-do things ;-)

LG Optimus One: brought February 2011. requirements are same. Why i upgraded? E6e doesn't support Android (some dev did try porting but failed) worlds most UNUSABLE qwerty. battery problem. less ram so can't run more than 3 apps. lastly i wanted a new mobile :grin:

clmlbx

Technomancer
mine first Phone 2004-2005 Nokia 7610.. It looks were awesome.. It was around 25K I had bought it (my parents bought it for me as a Gift:grin:).. after watching 6600 I wanted that type of phone.. I did not knew it was smartphone.. But I liked it had function like computer..Folders and all.. that is the most expensive phone I have bought.. and now planning for one more..

Only reason to it is .. Good Hardware and long support. I am not the one who frequently changes it's phone.. so I always look for long term.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I had 18K to blow up. Then realized how lame 3G speeds and packages are. So now the max. I use for my smart phone is:

1. Threaded messages.
2. Gmail.
3. Easy copy-paste.

casual_gamer

In the zone
Mine was Nokia N-gage QD, i bought it second hand for 5k in 2007 just to play ngage and gameboy games. I still use it but don't play games anymore. My 512mb card died, so stuck with 32mb mmc. Want to buy a new card but not available locally and the ones on ebay cost 1.5k.
This smartphone is still serving me well and don't see any reason to upgrade apart from the camera part.

Top Bottom