Which way is she Spinning for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I am awake at 2:15am in the morning and I am telling you guys this aint any illusion or anything The image changes its direction of rotation after variables amounts of time\turns.

me said:
^^yep.its not any illusion the image keeps on changing after variable amount of time\turns.

s18000rpm:you're busted man....come out with the truth.
s18000rpm said:
ok ok Myth Busters

Myth Busted

btw does this image when opened from HDD, seem slow?

coz on my cousin's laptop it open's with jus 3-5fps (swinging too slow)
Now go and get some sleep.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@ one point i was confused, thats all:))

@The_Devil_Himself, just try what i posted in spolier, concentrate on her legs, move your eyes (kinda) to clock.../anti-c..., now you can control her swing direction.

you can make spin the way you want.

or atleast get someone & watch it together.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
@the devil himself.... dude... I am sorry yaar. I was also damn sure that it was a hoax ....but today I spent so much time looking at this thing and it is indeed a genuine illusion.I take back all my earlier words.

Just do as s18000rpm has written.The way I do is... I concentrate on her straight foot and just move my eyes a bit towards left or right and wham! the swing changes.I really dont know how to put it in better words.

Am sorry for the confusion everyone !

indian_samosa

No longer here..
it spins according to the person who is looking at it.For some it looks like clockwise and for others anticlockwise.But if we try to concentrate and move ur eyes slightly you can actually change the swing according to your liking.Its like you are forcefully changing the way we perceive things.I dont know how many are able to do that ... but I can...and I believe s18000rpm also...and many others I suppose.

I tried it by various methods...
I moved the image up so that all I can see is the ankle which is rotating.By looking at the ankle I was able to recognize the swing(lets say clockwise).Now when the ankle reaches its mean position(when the minimum of the ankle is seen) and at the same time I somehow move by eyes either to the left or right (very subtle movements) I can force a change in the rotation.But If I dont hang on it then I loose the swing and the rotation defaults again.

Look what I am saying might sound stupid and dumb to some... but I see it really.I was totally happy yesterday that what I knew was correct but when today I checked it and thought of playing with it for sometime... I saw the illusion in its entirety.

@s18000rpm ... thanks man for putting this thread up.I actually learnt a lot from this illusion...about how our minds work,how we perceive things normally and how we can change our thinking if we try it.We have a habit of looking at things only One way usually when we get in trouble.I suppose if we open our minds then we are bound to find solutions.Thanks man ... a lot.
I suppose this is my last post in this thread.

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Hint:
Move your eye to (just once / twice) initiate the direction change.

clockwise to move the girl clockwise & anti-... for anti-... direction.

K

krazyfrog

The very fact that the animation has got just 34 frames in it showing the girl complete one complete rotation either clockwise or anti clockwise shows thats its not a hoax (as indian_samosa said earlier).

Im really confused now if its really an illusion or if its turning after an interval of time, coz when i observed the same thing wid my friend, same image is moving in BOTH THE DIRECTIONS(i.e., clockwise for me and anticlockwise for my friend)

can someone explain this?

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Now I am confused. OK the last post was written for timepass but this thing actually seems to happen.

Now, I think I should get the frames of the gif and see. Rotates both sides. I think it's not rotating at all and just creating an illusion of rotation.

I mean, while looking at the reversed and the correct image, they sometimes rotate in the same direction, sometimes opposite. Hats off to the one who created this.

B

bigdaddy486

It moves 2 ways for me.... sometimes, clockwise. sometimes, anticlockwise........

no itz not the animation that's changing

if i concentrate, i can change the dir every 2 secs

the reason is, the animation clips off her leg that is stretched and her arms slightly

concentrate on the clipping point and the anim will change directions ( at the extremes of motion)

tip:

blink while the leg is at an extreme position

This is what i call a genius......
Very Good.....

It's an illusion and not an anim...... Do u think a 202kb file can rotate a direction for 4 seconds and anticlockwise for 4 seconds? Some times, i can change the direction in 2 seconds while sometimes, i takes 9-12 seconds.....

Last edited by a moderator:

amol48

Searching...
Damn... I can see her only CLOCKWISE.. Though I try to make her ANTICLOCKWISE but can't !! But my room-mate says it's sometimes CLOCKWISE and ANTICLOCKWISE for him when we both see simultaneously !!

well for me its always clockwise HOW SO HARD AND LONG I concentrate, and -1 for all those guys who said it was a trick, I stressed my processor cores like anything by refreshing the page zillions times....:D. still it was clockwise for me. Also here is another logic.........if you keep the wrist watch facing up (like usually men wear it) its clockwise and facing dows (like women wear it) its anti.........wierd logic I know..:D but still I thought..............

but you might actually have got a point. ?!!

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
you guys are so confused.

First of all, the image is not rigged.

Second, the illusion is caused because of the shadow being 2d and the real object it is portraying is 3d. In a 2D image u cannot, i repeat, you cannot prove what is in front or what is in back unless comparative and experiences influence is used. so the brain just chooses one randomly, but biased by your brains development.

For eg, if there is a scene of two balls positioned in such a way that both appear to be the same size from the front but one is a tennis ball and the other is a basket ball. if u take a shadow picture, like the one here, you cannot tell which ball is towards the viewer and which one is farther. but if the image is colored you can tell that the tennis ball is closer because you can compare it to the experience of your life, NOT because the image can tell you that. Technically in the image the balls are same size and cannot be proven otherwise.

Thirdly, specifically to this image, look at the image if it turns clockwise at the moment then start reading some text somewhere else on the screen. Most probably the image will change direction to anti-clockwise because the act of reading requires the left side brain to work. and if you again start just looking at the image while wondering why light has colors or something else imaginative the image will again go back to clockwise. The trick is not to focus on the image but to keep it in ur field of view while thinking things. so you will see that if u think math it will go one way and imagine abt stars it will go the other way telling you which side of ur brain is active at that time more then the other.

basically to understand this stuff one needs to think out of the box. because most people dont, or rather most brains get rigged into procedures and facts of life that are not really facts the brain can be tricked buy intelligent feedback, like eating a apple and smelling a peach while eyes closed. And since no two people have had the same experience in their life so there brains have been imprinted differently and thus the diff rotations for diff people at the same time.

so if u can think out of the box then u can get the image to rotate whichever way u want.

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
Ok, I did some dissection with this image. Here is my verdict. First of all, its a gif image. So there is no way it can be scripted. Second, I extracted all the frames from the image (total 34) using irfanviewer. Then I played those images in irfanviewer in slow motion. Actual rotation is clockwise. Even at slow motion sometimes i see clockwise and other times, counter clockwise. So, this whole clock, counter clock thing is just a brain function. Rollercoaster did a very explanation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom