Which MTNL unlimited plan should I choose?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I want to leave MTS now and upgrade my 2.5GB MTNL plan to unlimited. BUT, as they have 2-3 websites(yes, its shocking) which they hardly bother to update, I am quite confused about plans they offer.
This is what I want:
  • Atleast 2 mbps for first 10GBs (the more, the better :D)
  • Atleast 512mbps after FUP limit. (MTS has 100mbps :( )
  • < Rs. 1000/- per month.
  • Free calls preferred. :D

Krow

Crowman
Broadband

Check that for unlimited plans. 999 for 1Mbps unlimited, no FUP is a good plan but after taxes the total cost will be Rs 1185.

*mtnldelhi.in/images/eng_bb2.gif

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Get freedom 800 plan. 2Mbps between 11pm-8am and sometime it starts before 9pm if you give your net some break around 8pm - 9pm(for an hr) and works till 10-11am mostly for me(even if it doesnt who cares).-) During day time it works on 512Kbps. Just make sure condition of mtnl line and its grey-box are good in your area before taking mtnl.

P.S: No fup with this plan.-D

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Broadband

Check that for unlimited plans. 999 for 1Mbps unlimited, no FUP is a good plan but after taxes the total cost will be Rs 1185.

*mtnldelhi.in/images/eng_bb2.gif

795 plan seems to be better. Exactly what I wanted, 2mbps upto 10GBs :))

Get freedom 800 plan. 2Mbps between 11pm-8am and sometime it starts before 9pm if you give your net some break around 8pm - 9pm(for an hr) and works till 10-11am mostly for me(even if it doesnt who cares).-) During day time it works on 512Kbps. Just make sure condition of mtnl line and its grey-box are good in your area before taking mtnl.

P.S: No fup with this plan.-D
I mostly use the web 2PM-10PM. This is useless for me..But thanks for help! :)
And I am not taking MTNL, I am upgrading my existing plan. ;)

For me Rs.795 plan looks better but it depends on your uses.

I feel the same. But can someone confirm me that they get 1Mbps+ with this plan? I dont want to get another MTS-like connection.. :(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get MTNL 1mbps unlimited for 999. That plan is the best. I have that.

saswat23

Human Spambot
But have a look at Reliance Unlimited Combo BB plans. They have really great pricing for their plans.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Get MTNL 1mbps unlimited for 999. That plan is the best. I have that.

I have MTNL 512 KBps unlimited for 599 plan. Which after taxes costs me, Rs. 719/-
With that logic, Rs. 999 plan should costs you around, Rs. 1165.63/-
Am I right?

Also, I got this pamphlet along with this month's bill. Since their websites doesn't get updates, I thought, sharing this could help.

(sorry for the quality, its the best I can shoot with my O1, and I have no scanner).

*i.imgur.com/sVNNe.jpg

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ So, paying Rs. 446 (or 62%) extra to double the speed, isn't worth it, IMO.
Maybe it is worth, but not economically for me. :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's 999 + 102.90 inclusive of all taxes for me. ;) Service tax @ 10.3%.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@krow: Looks like you missed my previous post. Well, my mistake, I should have been more clear.

I meant, Rs. 383 (not 446, that was bad math) more from the amount which I am paying for my broadband, which is Rs. 716, and I was referring ico's cost of Rs. 1102.
(lol at the ambiguity)

Btw.. @ico, can you check what's the amount ahead, "Other Debits", in your bill.
I think, MTNL is charging me, Rs. 649, instead of Rs. 599 for the plan!! :(

*i.imgur.com/r4Yxh.jpg

(Yes, thanks for clearing Nipun)

Top Bottom