• iTunes

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still use Winamp. Somehow feel it sounds better than other players. Also its media library works for me well.

abhidev

Human Spambot
I think windows media player provides better sound output compared to winamp....also i find kmplayer a bit sluggish than vlc...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personal preference, I think. Actually, never really felt the need to ditch Winamp since it does it job well and I have grown up using it for the past 10 years. Habit, I guess.

gameranand

Living to Play
Skud said:
Personal preference, I think. Actually, never really felt the need to ditch Winamp since it does it job well and I have grown up using it for the past 10 years. Habit, I guess.
I have to agree on this one. Everyone has his own personal choice and only something big can change that. I am using Mediamonkey for like 2 years so I am used to its shortcuts and all that and if I have to switch to other then I need a good reason for that.

tech_boy said:
don't u think vlc can play almost all formats... It rocks@@
Don't you think that MPC with Klite mega codec pack can also play any format. But yes VLC is very good. :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Don't you think that MPC with Klite mega codec pack can also play any format. But yes VLC is very good. :)

both MPC & VLC has its pros & cons

I have a m2ts file of 4.5GB which plays in MPC well but not in VLC
also when I play .rmvb the sound is not played in MPC but plays well in VLC :-D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
both MPC & VLC has its pros & cons

I have a m2ts file of 4.5GB which plays in MPC well but not in VLC
also when I play .rmvb the sound is not played in MPC but plays well in VLC :-D

Yeah, I also use both and as far as video is concerned, never needed to look to other players. BTW, I have found WMP as notorious in playing videos.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Just stick to whatever you are using bro because I know what are you using. :))
They are the best and believe me you won't find anything better than those. About your Music player can't say but for videos you can't find better. In music player everyone uses something different some like all the features like me and some just want it completely light which just plays your music files but in videos department most people have one requirement that player should play files flawlessly, support all subtitle files, have a option to increase or decrease the speed of subtitle and video. Mostly basic features thats why the simplest of the players wins in this category while in music department there are a lot of winners and losers.

sygeek

Technomancer
VLC for video files (Windows and Xubuntu) and 1by1 for music files (Windows). Yarock for audio files in Xubuntu.

lalam

In the zone
Jriver Media Center & Foobar for audio, prefer the 1st one. Change output to WASAPI or ASIO.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema for video.

Zaiest

AWOL
Primarily iTunes as I need it for downloading apps for my iPod. VLC comes in handy when iTunes doesn't support the file.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
lalam said:
Change output to
WASAPI or ASIO.
:+1:
Wasapi greatly improves sound quality.
Zaiest said:
Primarily iTunes as I need it for
downloading apps for my iPod.
For iPod related stuff iTunes is fine.
But for other purposes, I suggest you to use other software.
Winamp does a great job for most people. Video = VLC and nothing else.

Top Bottom