Which is the Best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Hi friends,
What do u think which is the best Linux Distro??
May U hav tried every version and u want to tell all of us.

mediator

Technomancer
Re: Ever Tried Linux? Then Answer This.

@VG : Bro thats an outdated thread n needs to be destroyed ! Exactly 2 yrs old!

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic

I was also trying to do that. But as i m new to this FORUM i dont knw how to destroy it. Even i searched the FAQ's for that. But all in Wain. Can anyone tell me?
One More thing @mediator ,things 2 years back were different and today r different .
Tell me how to destroy the thread?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............

I guess you're happier now eddie. You needn't use Others option now.

mehulved

I will let this run for now. But, if anyone starts distro trolling, I am deleting those replies. Just vote for what you feel is the best.
You can put forth the points that you feel makes it a worthy choice. But, do not compare it with any other distro. That just creates unnecessary fighting.
And you'll cannot delete/destroy any threads, that power is reserved for us moderators and admins. Anyways no need to delete that thread now. Maybe it will get cleaned up in time.
That is reserved for mods/admins. We have the power to modify/delete other members post, if there is any need.

Last edited:
OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic

how u became a moderator over here?
i m new here. plz tell me

eddie

El mooooo

tech_your_future said:
I guess you're happier now eddie.
You bet I am :D

So I would like vote for Gentoo Linux. It is one of those rare distributions that listens to you and acts according to your choices instead of wanting you to follow some pre-defined settings...which some developer thought would be good for you.

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Hey TECH_UR_FUTURE hav u tried CentOS i having its DVD and people say that its very close to RED HAT.
Is it right?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
right.. there are two types of people in this world.
those who use Gentoo, and those who dont :)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Manshahia, CentOS is a community maintained enterprise distribution which is actually developed from RHEL's source packages and provides support independently.

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
So sud i go for it. But i m also having DVD of Knoppix , DVD of SUse 10.0 and CD of Ubuntu, DVD of CENTOS.
Which is the Best?
I hav to install within a day or two. Plz tell me.

mehulved

Manshahia said:
Hey TECH_UR_FUTURE hav u tried CentOS i having its DVD and people say that its very close to RED HAT.
Is it right?
I haven't cos I am not that fond of Red Hat/ Fedora core. And anyways I'd rather prefer Fedora Core over CentOS cos I believe former has a lot more user and contributer base than the latter. And that makes a difference in lot of ways.

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
I wanted to install Knoppix but people started saying if wont work gud when installed on a hard disk .
Is it True?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom