Which is the best Torrent client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sba

Journeyman
geekysage said:
...except for the sucky slow hdd, and it almost dies when downloading with Azureus. Here's the config:
That could be a major reason for wat u r experiencing. Also which version of JRE and Azureus are you using? Azureus got their selves really bad name when they launched 2.3.0.0 (upto 2.3.0.2) cos of the 60 connections bug in the DHT system. On lots of systems, CPU usage used to reach 100% as soon as Azureus touched 60 connections through DHT hence bringing system to crawl. Do see that u r not using one of those versions. Use the latest version of Azureus (I prefer running CVS snapshots) and latest JRE.

geekysage

Journeyman
@sba: I know it's the hard disk that slows down my system and i've cursed toshiba atleast 150 times ( :lol: ) for making such an awesome laptop and then crippling it with a slower hdd. Anyway, I am sure it's Azureus coz my system runs smoother @ 3-4 Mbytes/s downloads using i2hub compared to 300-500 Kbytes/s downloads using Azureus.

I am running Azureus 2.3.0.4 and JRE build 1.5.0_04-b05, most prolly the latest ones.

By the way, sometimes i connect to more than 150 peers for a single torrent. System slowdown due to that many connections can be attributed to a slower processor but i believe Pentium M 1.7GHz w/2MB cache is a pretty powerful cpu so that doesn't make any sense.

sba

Journeyman
Can you also tell us the CPU & RAM usage of javaw.exe in task manager while running azureus?

As far as speed is concerned. Bittorrent speed depends on the number of peers and seeds for the torrent u r downloading.

geekysage

Journeyman
sba said:
As far as speed is concerned. Bittorrent speed depends on the number of peers and seeds for the torrent u r downloading.
buddy, you should have atleast considered my nick - geekysage - before saying some like this. I wouldn't say i know x times more than you or i have x times more experience than you, but please consider somebody's earlier posts before you judge their knowledge and leave such a comment. Besides, i didn't even mention speed as a problem with Azureus, i mentioned the speeds just for comparsion - to give you an idea that Azureus with lower download speed (<=> less hdd usage) slows down my system more than i2hub with greater download speed (<=> more hdd usage) . I am not trying to be mean so please don't take it the wrong way.

As i said, i know what the problem is - 1) slow HDD, 2) Azureus, so there's no point in researching a moot topic. If you still feel like knowing the cpu/ram usage, pm me. And I shall check and reply the next time I run Azureus.

sba

Journeyman
geekysage said:
buddy, you should have atleast considered my nick - geekysage - before saying some like this.
lol!!! :lol:
so mate if tomorrow you keep a nick "The Hulk", I should start imagining you as some 8 foot tall giant with biceps bursting out of his shirt sleeves?
...but please consider somebody's earlier posts before you judge their knowledge and leave such a comment.
I don't know what offended you man but do I have to run a search on someone's previous posts before I reply to someone's problem? You gotta be kidding me...
...no point in researching a moot topic. If you still feel like knowing the cpu/ram usage, pm me. And I shall check and reply the next time I run Azureus.
Like I care now...
You were the one complaining about how slow azureus is. I just tried to help. I apologise if I hurt your "geeky" ego, Mr. geekysage sir

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Using Bitlord..., Sometimes BitComet...Will give a try to BitTornado. They really SuckerPunch me on my dial-up. :( :( :(

x10d

Broken In
BitComet is real good one, its easy to use, it has many advanced options, plus its very low on Resource utilization

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
I think no 1 tried utorrent.its preety gud as it has very small size and it works out well in almost any computer

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i think u all guys almost forgot µTorrent.. Azurues & µTorrent are the standard client.all private trackers & others remond it.i hav'n seen a torrent site where Azurues & µTorrent are banned for use.also Azurues is a bit heavy on resourses compared to µTorrent.on the other hand µTorrent is less than 1 mb downlaod & light on resoucres u can do anyhting while downlaoding from µTorrent.where as while using Azurues u just limit ur tasks to d/l & nothing else as it takes all the resources.

@ax3
try any of the following
www.thepiratebay.com
www.µTorrent.com
www.isohunt.com

many more are there try torrents search engine *www.torrentz.com/

regards,
gary

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Instead of ISOHunt, Torrentspy seems to be a better place. It has user comments too and has 90% of all ISOHunt torrents (except ISOHunt own releases)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom