Which is the best Torrent client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^ Azu is based on java so unless u got a good and a fast system, then dont go for it.

Bit tornado and bitcomet (based on C++) take less system resources...

godzi_85

In the zone
hmm no one uses abc 3.0?? its based on bit tornado..
its pretty good, simple and clean interface... its like bit tornado with a Better GUI.. lol

ohh i use bit tornado 0.3.10 too to download stuff...
i had used azureus b4... somehow i never was able to download as fast as i can on abc/Bt ...
bit comet is good too.. do use it sometimes..

chillnow

Broken In
I guess BitLord is the same as BitComet...its just like another skin for BitComet. So 8 votes for BitComet...it WINS!!!

FasTrack

Journeyman
drgrudge said:
^^ Azu is based on java so unless u got a good and a fast system, then dont go for it.

Bit tornado and bitcomet (based on C++) take less system resources...

Yup. I use Bit comet.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Azureus is not resource hungry in my system. If u have 100% usage, then u got a problem. Google for a solution.

Infact, I run azureus 24/7 in the background even when I am rendering, gaming, encoding or browsing.

Except fo the game losing 2-5 fps, I don;t even feel it running. I limit the down speed for azureus to half when I am browsing the net.

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
When this thread was started by me months back....I didn't know much about torrents.

But now I have found Azureus to be the most confortable & have been using it since then.

I also tried BitCommet & BitTornado.

I liked BitTornado next to Azueus & did not like BitCommet.

geekysage

Journeyman
@siriusb: looks like others are rite. azureus slows down my system as well. You guys prolly haven't experienced system slowdown coz of high bandwidth but at T3, that also adds to the problem. I have a pretty decent laptop, except for the sucky slow hdd, and it almost dies when downloading with Azureus. Here's the config:

Toshiba Satellite M35-S456: Pentium M 1.7GHz(2mb cache), 512MB(256x2) DDR333, Geforce FX Go5200 64MB, 80GB 4200rpm HDD, Windows XP Pro w/sp2 and .net updates (for my visual c++), 15.4" trubrite (HDTV) wide screen (for hours of viewing pleasure :lol: )

Yeah, so count my vote for BitComet.

@qwertymaniac: Torrents or the p2p software applications aren't illegal, buddy. Their use to download copyrighted material is illegal. Azureus and other open source projects on sourceforge are perfectly legal.

Peace.

edit: BitTornado sucks and so does Azureus - uses too much resources.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I haven't used BitTorrent before. I downloaded the VMWare for x86 today using BitComet. Can anybody explain me of what is what of this BT:

Also I want to know what is seed, peer and all.

EDIT: I just googled and found out the what is what from www.bittorrent.com. Thanx anyway.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
hah, you have T3 and have a problem with that?
I have Amd64 3200+(@2.5GHz), 2x512MB ram dual channel, 6600gt, XP SP2, 2x80Gb sata (raid0) and 2x80GB pata, with each pata acting as a partition. The sata, I use for os and runnables, while azureus uses one of the pata. But then again, I have only a 256kbps line.

Actually, azureus is the only java client that runs lean on my machine. Limewire is like a tranquillizer to my machine.

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
While using Azureus by CPU usage shows only 4-8%
It's fine for my config.

BitTornado would be a very good choice for whom Azureus slows down the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom