which is the best music player

Status
Not open for further replies.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Ah .. Whoever bumped this thread made me wonder how I'm subscribed to it ... So I read it from first page and found my discussion with Zeeshan...

And yes .. My juniors use my office desktop a lot these days so they keep messing up my Lastfm profile so I decided to make Wmp the default audio player on my pc so that whatever file they double click on , wmp will open up and it wont be added to my Last fm profile .. While I was at it, I decided to test Wmp's functionality and I'd say it again .. Its no match to Fb2k .. It doesnt show embedded lyrics .. And if you want to have lyrics shown, you'll need third party plugins which will download the lyrics again and again .. Same goes with Album art .. It doesnt recognize embedded album art while even Rhythmbox and Banshee does on mounted NTFS ..

goobimama

 Macboy
iTunes on Windows I must say is almost unusable on even a moderately powered computer. They seriously need to work on it to bring it up to speed. On Windows, WMP is too cluttered for me, so I've stuck to foobar2000. And anyone who says VLC has 'quality output' is a little crazy.

aditya_v

Broken In
winamp + iZotope Ozone is perfect for me.
DFX simply destroys the sound too much, iZotope allows for fine tuning.( It's industry level product )

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
maybe it's just me, but I'm so used to FB2k, that I've even ditched the players like Amarok (which for some reason doesnt play music sometimes) and Banshee on openSuSE and I'm using Fb2k on linux through Wine. It runs flawlessly. The least memory hogging player ever. And awesome o/p.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Anyone wanna have see some more bragging can check this :

*www.flickr.com/photos/shahabjafri/archives/date-posted/2008/07/22/detail/

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^its
*www.flickr.com/photos/shahabjafri/archives/date-posted/2008/07/21/detail/

another lovely proof on my blog :D
*visio159.com/2008/01/07/foobar-2000-a-feature-rich-no-show-off-player/

Ah .. Whoever bumped this thread made me wonder how I'm subscribed to it ... So I read it from first page and found my discussion with Zeeshan...

And yes .. My juniors use my office desktop a lot these days so they keep messing up my Lastfm profile so I decided to make Wmp the default audio player on my pc so that whatever file they double click on , wmp will open up and it wont be added to my Last fm profile .. While I was at it, I decided to test Wmp's functionality and I'd say it again .. Its no match to Fb2k .. It doesnt show embedded lyrics .. And if you want to have lyrics shown, you'll need third party plugins which will download the lyrics again and again .. Same goes with Album art .. It doesnt recognize embedded album art while even Rhythmbox and Banshee does on mounted NTFS ..
I agree that FB2K is awssome, but AmaroK and/or Kaffeine would blow you away with its performance if you use PulseAudio and if you have really installed all codecs.

Anyone here has heard AC/DC's classic song Big Gun on FLAC with PulseAudio ? Its so damn awssome, and feels like they are singing right next to you.

goobimama

 Macboy
Anyone here has heard AC/DC's classic song Big Gun on FLAC with PulseAudio ? Its so damn awssome, and feels like they are singing right next to you.
Ever heard a 24/96 MLP (DVD-Audio) track? The definition in that audio just blows the mind. Downside is I have to use Creative's audio player to play those DVDs.

Anyway, I think after a certain point audio quality equals jobless idiots fighting over who has better tastes (no offense to anyone).

Of course, you wouldn't catch me dead listening to music on cellphone speakers. Those are just some kind of evil torture devised by evil corporations.

amitava82

MMO Addict
I have no clue how some of you are implying that Media player has something to do with audio quality.. :| There are two important factors that affects sound quality: 1. Sound card; and 2. Sound card driver/OS and of course the speakers/headphones.

I have Audigy 2 and Inspire 5.1 back home. I got a audio DVD free with my sound card. It's really impossible to explain the sound quality of DVD audio. Its like HD movie vs DVD Rip.

Now, coming back to driver and OS, Mac and Linux produces better sound compared to Windows due to latency issue. But there are workarounds.. You can use ASIO drivers to bypass windows audio mixing kernel and directly connect to sound card..

If you want, try playing same track in Windows and Linux. You will notice the difference.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Now, coming back to driver and OS, Mac and Linux produces better sound compared to Windows due to latency issue. But there are workarounds.. You can use ASIO drivers to bypass windows audio mixing kernel and directly connect to sound card..

This is fixed with UAA in Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom